Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Southern California
OD: 2/4 MYLR white/black
1st EDD: March-May
2nd EDD: March 25-31
3rd EDD (updated 2/22): April 3- May 8

Any ideas as to why it got pushed back by possibly a month?
I don't know why, but some Jan orders with gemini wheels over at Reddit got pushed back into April as well.

Maybe they are planning on producing other configs before vanilla MYLRs?

I hope your date moves back into March

Reactions: erktrek
I don't know why, but some Jan orders with gemini wheels over at Reddit got pushed back into April as well.

Maybe they are planning on producing other configs before vanilla MYLRs?

I hope your date moves back into March
I think just the massive amount of orders placed 1/13 - 1/16... I think most the ones getting pushed are on or after 1/16?

Piked up our MYLR Saturday in Denver (OD 1/13)! One minor scratch on the front fender, they buffed it out then and there. Few notes for everyone:
  • Despite Colorado delivery there were no mud flaps, front or rear. Ordered and installed these, working great so far: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08T6CL8P1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
    NOTE: I did not remove the bolt for rear mud flap installation
  • Installed Michelin X-Ice snow tires right away, so far so good.
    NOTE: You need to change your Tire Configuration to Winter Tires after install:
    Installing winter tires can result in temporarily reduced regenerative braking power but after a short period of driving, Model Y recalibrates to correct this. Touch Service > Wheel & Tire Configuration > Tires to select winter tires and quicken this process.
  • Have a 4 year old so ordered and installed these seat covers for piece of mind. Easy install, fit great:
  • Bought the Tesla All-Weather Interior Liners and they fit like a glove
  • Still have not received any Loan Payment or Registration documents. Temp Reg expires 4/17
  • Ordered Tow Package and Automatic Garage Opener after delivery. Soonest install is 3/17
Charging to 57% overnight during the week as we WFH.
-----
OD 1/13
DD 2/18
MSM
Black/White
19" Gemini
No Tow Hitch (at time of order, to keep under $55K... which doesn't matter anyway)
Freemont Build/VIN

Last edited:
OD: 1/20 MSM/B/19 LR
Latest EDD (2/14): 3/26-3/31

At the time of my latest EDD, my order was for white. I switched it to MSM 2/19 (I typically only buy used cars so took advantage of picking my desired color). The color change did not adjust my EDD. I did text Tesla today to inquire about an anticipated change to EDD based on the color upgrade; they responded within 15 min saying that my EDD was not affected and I should still expect it "late march/early April." So just waiting for my EDD to get pushed out more now.
Yuck. I have the same configuration, OD, and EDD as you and was really expecting a VIN by the end of next week and a delivery by the end of March. The "early April" part of the reply you received now has me worried. I'm in the Raleigh, NC area.

my EDD shortened at some point today and is hopefully a good signal that you'll get updated as well based on us both being in the midwest (I'm in IOWA) and ordering the same time.

MYLR R/B/19 no options
OD 1/19 (but noticed the order form shows 1/20)
EDD 1: Jan-Mar
EDD 2: Mar 4-31
EDD 3: Mar 5-19 (updated Feb 22)
Nice to see people with similar order dates and configurations finally getting Vinson and shorter edd windows..

Reactions: monkft
Couple of questions for delivery in Texas:
1. Did anyone pay using cashier check at time of delivery. My SA just texted me that they are not accepting payments at time of pickup in Texas.
2. Is it better to send the credit union finance check directly to Tesla or to us and give it at time of delivery?

Yes you switched the acceleration modes between Standard and Chill. Nothing to do with regen. I've never felt any difference between the two modes in regards to regen (only power) and I've swapped back and forth often over my 4 months of ownership.

There used to be regen settings way back when but no, the car you drove recently would never have them. They weren't labeled Standard and Chill. Maybe normal and low? I'm not sure, never owned a car that had the regen settings.
I think I know what I changed. If I changed the acceleration, then why did it affect the deceleration?

• Disagree
Reactions: L1TR
Couple of questions for delivery in Texas:
1. Did anyone pay using cashier check at time of delivery. My SA just texted me that they are not accepting payments at time of pickup in Texas.
2. Is it better to send the credit union finance check directly to Tesla or to us and give it at time of delivery?
Ive heard that some locations have tried refusing cashiers checks ahead of time, but buckled on delivery day or after the buyer called the 888 tesla line to raise a stink.

check needs to be payable to Tesla Motors Inc, and have your name/RN# in the memo section.