Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you staying firm in the 19” wheel selection or gonna try to get 20” ones hoping for a faster delivery?
No way. Not paying more money for a less comfortable ride! Just watched a video comparing them. The 19’s look pretty nice under the ugly covers too. Not that big mileage loss without the covers so may put them on for trips but off for local.

Last edited:
I’ve got my MYP, so I’m done. But my sister got an update on her order. MYLR MSM no other option. She ordered a few days after I did, 1/24.

Today, she got a really narrow EDD of 3/29-3/31, which I find kinda weird. It’s narrow, but not all that soon, plus she doesn’t even have a VIN yet. Previous EDD was Apr-May ‘23. So, here’s hoping she’ll get it soon.
Anybody out there know how the dates are actually updated? Is there some kind of script that runs and cross references a secret database that is poorly maintained? Are humans clicking dates manually on a calendar app?

Reactions: erktrek
Anybody out there know how the dates are actually updated? Is there some kind of script that runs and cross references a secret database that is poorly maintained? Are humans clicking dates manually on a calendar app?

No, no one knows. Anyone who knows is deep inside tesla and not talking about it. This same angst over delivery times has been going on at the end of every quarter since I started reading here in 2018, with the same arguments back and forth between people, the same anger over "but I ordered before so and so!!!!!111!!11!!!!" etc.

Ive heard that some locations have tried refusing cashiers checks ahead of time, but buckled on delivery day or after the buyer called the 888 tesla line to raise a stink.

check needs to be payable to Tesla Motors Inc, and have your name/RN# in the memo section.
wondering if i plan on paying via the tesla app, can i wait until the inspection then press "pay"?

The main problem is the initial estimates that were on the site when we ordered weren’t accurate. Mine was January-February and I still don’t have an official VIN. If it had said March when I ordered then I wouldn’t be expecting it sooner.
THIS. Like if you don't know just say so. don't have us all start our mental timers, and accessory purchases when were not even going to get the thing for weeks or months after the initially displayed delivery date. I'm sitting here with a charger, screen protector, cupholder insert, sliding trays for the center console and a usbC passthrough thingy for a car I may not have for a month+. Its irritating af. If you're going to let us order cars like we're on amazon, try to be more accurate with the delivery date.
Just notify me when its:
1)in production
2)being shipped
3)ready for pickup
If I can get updated this clearly for a $15 pizza, I should be able to get the same for a $60k car
A squirrel on meth is chased by cats on crack across a giant calendar. wherever the cats catch the squirrel is the middle of your initial EDDperiod. From there it gets more esoteric. lulz

MYLR5/White/Black/Gemini/Tow

OD: 1/19
EDD1: Jan - Mar (Initial)
EDD2: Feb 26 - Mar 31 (01/26)

No change to EDD, tasks were completed on the app almost immediately after the order was placed.

Location is Minnesota (Minneapolis).
Glad to see another Minnesotan here! We have a few others one of them already took delivery.

You are welcome to check out another thread here.

• Love
Reactions: JessicaG
No, no one knows. Anyone who knows is deep inside tesla and not talking about it. This same angst over delivery times has been going on at the end of every quarter since I started reading here in 2018, with the same arguments back and forth between people, the same anger over "but I ordered before so and so!!!!!111!!11!!!!" etc.
nah bruh, i figured it out. check my last post in this thread lol

• Funny
Reactions: jjrandorin
C
Congrats to those who are getting their Tesla delivered on or before Feb 28 and may get full IRS tax benefit. Nice score!
Or they make major announcements on March 1st and battery guidance doesn’t come out until later and people who took delivery the end of Feb come flooding back in here with posts about being upset they took delivery in February. 😀

Reactions: Mainuh
C

Or they make major announcements on March 1st and battery guidance doesn’t come out until later and people who took delivery the end of Feb come flooding back in here with posts about being upset they took delivery in February. 😀

Which, if that happens and march / april deliveries start to see HW4, is absolutely, positively, 100% going to happen. I have no idea on HW4 timelines, and frankly dont really care, but if the above happens, people will flock here to "talk" about it.

I think I know what I changed. If I changed the acceleration, then why did it affect the deceleration?
Because you imagined it as you were somehow misinformed that it would affect it? That is all I can come up with. Standard and Chill are acceleration/throttle settings. There is no regen setting on current Tesla M3 or MYs. That was taken away a long time ago.

Reactions: WyoDude
As per my cousin (who recently took delivery in Austin), you cannot pay via cashiers check in Texas as Tesla does not have dealership model there. The act of accepting payment at the time of delivery is considered a dealership. Therefore, in TX, everyone is required to pay in advance before they can collect the car. Or so she was told.
Damn...so i think i need to set up plaid payment before delivery..
And also i think they might not accept the credit union check too...so have to send it directly to them.

Because you imagined it as you were somehow misinformed that it would affect it? That is all I can come up with. Standard and Chill are acceleration/throttle settings. There is no regen setting on current Tesla M3 or MYs. That was taken away a long time ago.

@Phydeaux

As mentioned by @arbitrage000 there is no setting to change regen that is user controllable in a new model 3 or model Y. Some people purchase aftermarket accessories to access it, but on a stock "no aftermarket accessory" model 3 or Y, that is sometime in 2021 or later, there is no setting at all to configure regen.

now, regen may feel different for all sorts of reasons, weather, battery temperature, etc, but there is no user facing setting that changes regen in a 2021+ model 3 / Y, and unless something has changed since I got my wifes 2022 model Y in March of Last year, that is still true.

Reactions: WyoDude
Couple of questions for delivery in Texas:
1. Did anyone pay using cashier check at time of delivery. My SA just texted me that they are not accepting payments at time of pickup in Texas.
2. Is it better to send the credit union finance check directly to Tesla or to us and give it at time of delivery?

No, you have to complete payment prior as they don't have license in Texas. If it's check then you need through courier one day before and take pics and show it to them

• Informative
Reactions: coolkris768
If that's accurate, then I won't be buying a Tesla - I won't buy a car that I've never seen.

Texas does not allow direct sales. If you are not going to pay for it before you see it, I dont think you will be buying a new one. Unless something has changed very recently, for states they cant sell in, Tesla sells you the car in CA, then delivers your already purchased car to you.

Reactions: hp1234