Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Piked up our MYLR Saturday in Denver (OD 1/13)! One minor scratch on the front fender, they buffed it out then and there. Few notes for everyone:
  • Despite Colorado delivery there were no mud flaps, front or rear. Ordered and installed these, working great so far: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08T6CL8P1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
    NOTE: I did not remove the bolt for rear mud flap installation
  • Installed Michelin X-Ice snow tires right away, so far so good.
    NOTE: You need to change your Tire Configuration to Winter Tires after install:
    Installing winter tires can result in temporarily reduced regenerative braking power but after a short period of driving, Model Y recalibrates to correct this. Touch Service > Wheel & Tire Configuration > Tires to select winter tires and quicken this process.
  • Have a 4 year old so ordered and installed these seat covers for piece of mind. Easy install, fit great:
  • Bought the Tesla All-Weather Interior Liners and they fit like a glove
  • Still have not received any Loan Payment or Registration documents. Temp Reg expires 4/17
  • Ordered Tow Package and Automatic Garage Opener after delivery. Soonest install is 3/17
Charging to 57% overnight during the week as we WFH.
-----
OD 1/13
DD 2/18
MSM
Black/White
19" Gemini
No Tow Hitch (at time of order, to keep under $55K... which doesn't matter anyway)
Freemont Build/VIN
Apologies, here is the mud flaps link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VHQSXD1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Yuck. I have the same configuration, OD, and EDD as you and was really expecting a VIN by the end of next week and a delivery by the end of March. The "early April" part of the reply you received now has me worried. I'm in the Raleigh, NC area.
I think for all of us who have 3/31 as the latest EDD could probably see an April delivery. Feels like Tesla is just leaving it there to make it look like they'll still hit our original Jan-Mar estimate.

Couple of questions for delivery in Texas:
1. Did anyone pay using cashier check at time of delivery. My SA just texted me that they are not accepting payments at time of pickup in Texas.
2. Is it better to send the credit union finance check directly to Tesla or to us and give it at time of delivery?
As per my cousin (who recently took delivery in Austin), you cannot pay via cashiers check in Texas as Tesla does not have dealership model there. The act of accepting payment at the time of delivery is considered a dealership. Therefore, in TX, everyone is required to pay in advance before they can collect the car. Or so she was told.

If anyone needs a good chuckle, go to top or bottom of the thread where the page numbers are displayed. Hit the 3 dots (goto page) and put in page 100. That's around the end of January and folks were complaining about waiting 15 days from order to delivery. A year ago, some people were waiting 6-8 months or more (and for higher prices on MY's!). I think the typical OCD Tesla buyers are pretty impatient! (Yes, that includes me, but I'm trying my best to be patient!). Especially since I sold my truck on CL and only have a M/C until the Tesla arrives!

How about a re-check of the mid-late January orders? Where's everybody at?

MYLR W/B/19/Tow
OD: 1/27/23
Initial EDD: Feb-Mar
within 3-4 days of order EDD: 3/16-3/31 - remains there today (glad to have escaped the 2/14 push outs)
No VIN
Delivery location: Tucson

If anyone needs a good chuckle, go to top or bottom of the thread where the page numbers are displayed. Hit the 3 dots (goto page) and put in page 100. That's around the end of January and folks were complaining about waiting 15 days from order to delivery. A year ago, some people were waiting 6-8 months or more (and for higher prices on MY's!). I think the typical OCD Tesla buyers are pretty impatient! (Yes, that includes me, but I'm trying my best to be patient!). Especially since I sold my truck on CL and only have a M/C until the Tesla arrives!

MYLR W/B/19/Tow
within 3-4 days of order EDD: 3/16-3/31 - remains there today (glad to have escaped the 2/14 push outs)
No VIN
MYLR G/B/19/Tow
OD: 1/28
Early Last Week EDD: 3/20 - 3/31
Current EDD: 04/19 - 05/31
Delivery Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

MYLR W/B/19/Tow
No VIN
i ordered 1/25 scheduled delivery 3/7

Reactions: erktrek
Crazy as it sounds, Tower Credit Union finally circled back to tell me my bank account has been approved to open and I just need to docusign some forms. This is after applying with them in mid Jan when my loan was approved. They did tell me they will still honor the rate despite the rate has increased a few points. If this holds true, I'll just refinance my loan with them.
Now that is good news. I will refi after Saturdays pickup.

MYLR W/B/19/Tow
No VIN
Are you staying firm in the 19” wheel selection or gonna try to get 20” ones hoping for a faster delivery?

I’ve got my MYP, so I’m done. But my sister got an update on her order. MYLR MSM no other option. She ordered a few days after I did, 1/24.

Today, she got a really narrow EDD of 3/29-3/31, which I find kinda weird. It’s narrow, but not all that soon, plus she doesn’t even have a VIN yet. Previous EDD was Apr-May ‘23. So, here’s hoping she’ll get it soon.

Reactions: geekfam and hp1234
I think the typical OCD Tesla buyers are pretty impatient! (Yes, that includes me, but I'm trying my best to be patient!).
The main problem is the initial estimates that were on the site when we ordered weren’t accurate. Mine was January-February and I still don’t have an official VIN. If it had said March when I ordered then I wouldn’t be expecting it sooner.

MYLR W/B/19/Tow
No VIN
Well, I would imagine those people wanted their Teslas ASAP to lock in the $7500 federal tax credit rather than just being impatient to pick up/drive their Tesla.

My OD was 1/13 afternoon and DD was 2/14. My friend who ordered 1/14 got an existing inventory and picked up his car that same week. Seems like a lot of 1/13 - 1/15 ODs were able to get from existing inventory or have just gotten their cars very recently. However, there are still some people whose OD was very early but they still haven't gotten their Tesla.