Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im not in texas, but from my understanding the car is not put on a carrier to get to a person until its paid for. Perhaps something has changed, but that is for people who have recently taken delivery in Texas tto say.
I checked at Tesla SC at Plano, TX and they clearly told me that payment has to be upfront. If it's plaid then at least one day prior.

I just listened to a phone message from my local Tesla show room (Naperville/Lisle, IL). He said that they have two MY, one 19” and other 20” wheels. However, both slightly damaged but repaired. They are offering a discount/reduced price but did not say how much. Problem is they are both silver metallic. I have had this color car for my last two Camrys and my wife said no more. I will call them in the AM to check out the price, but if someone else in ORD area are interested perhaps you might give them a call also.

I just listened to a phone message from my local Tesla show room (Naperville/Lisle, IL). He said that they have two MY, one 19” and other 20” wheels. However, both slightly damaged but repaired. They are offering a discount/reduced price but did not say how much. Problem is they are both silver metallic. I have had this color car for my last two Camrys and my wife said no more. I will call them in the AM to check out the price, but if someone else in ORD area are interested perhaps you might give them a call also.
Thank you for that. Do we know if we get tax credit on any of these cars?

The texas buyer is stuck, as they already own the car. Tesla doesnt unwind deals as a rule, just like other dealers dont. Perhaps you want to engage with other texas buyers in the texas subforum to get clarification of details, but Texas does not allow direct sales of vehicles by manufacturers (protecting the dealer lobby).

This is not a Tesla thing, its a Texas law thing.

I doubt that the TX buyer is 'stuck'. Maybe reject the car if there are 'serious issues', and wait in line for the next one? I am sure if there are serious issues, they will allow rejection. But if there are issues - for example, the car is as per 'Tesla specs', but the buyer is not happy and want to reject the car - not sure what will happen...

OD: 1/16/23
Blue/Black/19in/ no options
EDD 1: Jan-Mar
EDD 2: Feb 24-Mar 31
EDD 3: Feb 16-Mar 16
EDD 4: Feb 12-Feb 26
EDD 5: Feb 23-Mar 9
EDD 6: Feb 28-Mar 6
Got the ViN on Feb 16 ! Build date Feb 16.
PA076xxx
EDD 7: Feb 23-Mar 3
Feb 22 update: Scheduling delivery - Date range is Feb 26-28.
Southern California
Congrats! They are very inconsistent.

OD 1/16/23
EDD Jan-March
EDD Feb 22-Mar 22
Got the ViN on Feb 16 ! Build date Feb 16.
PA076xxx
New EDD Feb 27-Mar 6
Still the same EDD
SoCal/OC

I doubt that the TX buyer is 'stuck'. Maybe reject the car if there are 'serious issues', and wait in line for the next one? I am sure if there are serious issues, they will allow rejection. But if there are issues - for example, the car is as per 'Tesla specs', but the buyer is not happy and want to reject the car - not sure what will happen...
You can reject the car without even seeing it and you will get money back in 7 days is what they told me. But better unassigned than reject so that you are not forced to take next presented car. Remember only two holds max.

Last edited:
**MYLR MSM/Blk/19 in
OD: 1/28 (placed order late on 1/27, but showed up on form as 1/28)
EDD 1: Feb-March
EDD 2: March 25-31st (2/1)
**Changed to Blk/Blk/20” on 2/3
EDD 3: March 27-31st (don’t remember when it changed)
EDD 4: February 21- March 7 (2/14)
EDD 5: February 27- March 6 with text Vin assigned at 0700 on 2/16 ….(but saw the VIN on app late night 2/15). Shocked. 😅

Located in SoCal.
Austin build
VIN PA075xxx
This morning, EDD went to 2/24-3/3 and a few hours later delivery dates options offered 2/25-2/27. Chose 2/27!

There are no return policies in place for Teslas that I am aware of. Once you purchase the car, its yours, unless tesla is willing to unwind the deal, or the car is purchased back. There is no "rejection" of a car you have already purchased.

There are no return policies in place for Teslas that I am aware of. Once you purchase the car, its yours, unless tesla is willing to unwind the deal, or the car is purchased back. There is no "rejection" of a car you have already purchased.
But you can reject delivery(by not accepting delivery) after initial inspection.