Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you can point to some evidence of that happening on a delivery in Texas, that means something has changed fairly recently.
I spoke to SA today and also was there to take delivery for my friend 4 days back. SA told us that we can reject if we don't like it. But I will ask again while taking my delivery in 2 weeks.

Same here, 1/23 OD with same EDD since 2/5. MYLR stimulus special
Glad to hear I’m not the only one
My build was originally white/black/19’s but I changed to blue on 2/11 I believe but my date didn’t budge at all

Hoping to get the vin in 1-2 weeks text soon
my wife is due with our first child on 3/13 so hoping it comes before or after that lol unless Tesla can deliver to hospitals

Glad to hear I’m not the only one
My build was originally white/black/19’s but I changed to blue on 2/11 I believe but my date didn’t budge at all

Hoping to get the vin in 1-2 weeks text soon
my wife is due with our first child on 3/13 so hoping it comes before or after that lol unless Tesla can deliver to hospitals
Congratulations! Maybe both your first child and your new Tesla will have the same birthday.

Has anyone ordered 1/23 got delivery? I guess the 7 seater and the california have an adavantage? See the video below who got the delivery on 2/20 - less than 30 days!!!!

I saw that video too! I think they got lucky with someone else bailing on that config for a MYP or something and these guys getting that car. From my observation here and reddit, MYLR7's are hard to come by, so it is hard to imagine that car was built from the factory for their own order within 30 days.

I also ordered basic MYLR5 on 1/23 as well and my EDD is still towards the end of March. No EDD update on 2/22 when lot of others got updates.

Reactions: scionbox
Today, received a new VIN at 8, followed by another text an hour later to schedule a pickup!

Ordered LR w/w on 1/14 11pm
Switched to P b/w/tow on 2/3
Last EDD was Feb 27 - Mar 01
Delivery scheduled for Fri 2/24

So, it is actually earlier than EDD, so a bit of good news for those folks who are still waiting.
will report back on Friday as to what hopefully will be a closure to this waiting room for me!
OK. my final report which is "almost" a happy ending...

Took early delivery on 2/22 as soon as it arrived and inspected by delivery center.
There were 3 quality issues as follows.

1. driver side headlight protruding out >1/8" above hood/fender. passenger side headlight was perfectly flush.
2. Inside trim appears to be loose somewhere and causing rattle sound on bumpy road
3. Right behind the left front wheel, panel corner is bent noticeably (photo attached).

I did not feel any of those issues warranted rejecting the delivery, so I accepted it and raised a service request.
Regardless, I was quite surprised, as those types of issues are not as common nowadays, even out of Fremont.

Another surprise was that after driving my new MYP for 30 miles returning home, I found myself really not missing my ScatPack (which I am trading in) as much as I thought I would. So, I guess that's a good thing.

Anyway, it has been quite a journey over the past month and a half, and this forum had been very helpful. So, thank you all, and wishing everyone good luck!

20230222_152655.jpg

EDD improved slightly this morning bringing a February delivery back into the window. How nerve-wrecking. :)

MYLR, white/black/19"
OD: 1/20
EDD: Jan - Mar 2023 (original)
EDD: March 3 - March 31 (updated 1/25)
EDD: February 23 - March 23 (updated 2/14)
Today is February 23 and no change to the EDD yet. Since I'm in Texas and would have to prepay before the vehicle is even shipped to or back into Texas, I've now missed the guaranteed window for the $7,500 tax credit.

Even if I decided to prepay for a vehicle that I can't inspect first, this could go at least a couple different ways:

1. The tax credit is delayed/extended and/or the vehicle still qualifies for the full tax credit after guidance is issued and new rules take effect at the time of delivery.

2. The vehicle no longer qualifies for the (full) tax credit when it is delivered and I am unable to reject it and I'm stuck paying $3,750 or $7,500 more for the vehicle.

I'm inching closer to canceling the order and just looking at this is a learning experience and failed experiment. All this waiting, uncertainty, and risk seems more stressful than haggling with a traditional car dealer. :(

wondering if i plan on paying via the tesla app, can i wait until the inspection then press "pay"?
Yes. I fully inspected the car this week inside and out before paying my down payment. Same when i picked up my M3 last year. Apparently, some places are a little strict about opening the car before payment, but that has never been the case for me. I just asked if I could do a quick look inside and they handed me the key cards.

Reactions: dohmahmigh
Yes. I fully inspected the car this week inside and out before paying my down payment. Same when i picked up my M3 last year. Apparently, some places are a little strict about opening the car before payment, but that has never been the case for me. I just asked if I could do a quick look inside and they handed me the key cards.
Although, that depends on state laws apparently too. In VA, I could inspect first.

Exciting, I just received my VIN, appears to be a Fremont build.
OD 1/15, MYP White Ext/Black Int, w/ tow, changed from MYLR to MYP on 2/3
EDD now is 2/21 - 2/28, this is for MD delivery.

What do I have to do in terms of insurance, don't I just add a new vehicle to my existing insurance before delivery?
Picked up MYP yesterday (build date 2/7, OD change date to MYP 2/3), no exteriors issues to speak of, most of minor things that are easy to ignore, panels gaps, glass gaps, paint shade, all looks good. On the interior I hear a little low frequency sound on bumps (this could be related to hatch sealing. Another is passenger slide C pillar rattle and the alignment of drive door panel with the front dash at the transition for metal and wood trim. I scheduled service for those, hopefully the hatch is resolved during service, rattle should be easy and not sure how easy is the door trim alignment.

There is not PPF the back door/fender, no splash guards. Came with trunk divider (whatever that is called), air compressor and front license plate bracket assembly. Tires on the 21" wheels are Michelin Pilot Sport AS4, glad they are not summer tires, I can drive in small amounts of snow with the AS4.

Overall, quick and great delivery experience, I was allowed to inspect to my hearts content. There were so many MY and M3 in the lot to be delivered.

Last edited:
Today is February 23 and no change to the EDD yet. Since I'm in Texas and would have to prepay before the vehicle is even shipped to or back into Texas, I've now missed the guaranteed window for the $7,500 tax credit.

Even if I decided to prepay for a vehicle that I can't inspect first, this could go at least a couple different ways:

1. The tax credit is delayed/extended and/or the vehicle still qualifies for the full tax credit after guidance is issued and new rules take effect at the time of delivery.

2. The vehicle no longer qualifies for the (full) tax credit when it is delivered and I am unable to reject it and I'm stuck paying $3,750 or $7,500 more for the vehicle.

I'm inching closer to canceling the order and just looking at this is a learning experience and failed experiment. All this waiting, uncertainty, and risk seems more stressful than haggling with a traditional car dealer. :(
There is one MYLR 20" available in inventory
at Austin,TX . If you are interested check with SA and let him assign it to you with old pricing.

• Helpful
Reactions: zroger73
1. driver side headlight protruding out >1/8" above hood/fender. passenger side headlight was perfectly flush.
Mine had this same issue, but passenger side. Made service appointment while at DC with SA, he assured me it would be fixed at appointment. Went to appointment 1 week later, I was told it was “within spec”, went rounds with service advisor, wouldn’t budge on fixing it. I’m not happy about it. When it warms up, I’m half tempted to take the frunk apart and try to fix it myself 😂
Also I had the same issue on my 22 MY, they fixed it, no problems doing it whatsoever.
I think Tesla Service is sick of all of us being so nitpicky! I’m take is, deliver cars that aren’t so out of whack for the price we pay 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: msinfo
As per my cousin (who recently took delivery in Austin), you cannot pay via cashiers check in Texas as Tesla does not have dealership model there. The act of accepting payment at the time of delivery is considered a dealership. Therefore, in TX, everyone is required to pay in advance before they can collect the car. Or so she was told.

true. pickup is scheduled for today but had to wire tesla the money yesterday and email them the wire confirmation page.