Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the inventory MYAWD when I ordered I specifically cross-checked with them on the chat. the rep in the chat guided me through the whole process. He said you would have this vehicle in 2 weeks. VIN was assigned straightaway 4 days later an email came in saying your great news vehicle is on its way. that was 2 weeks back. the EDD on the app has always been showing TBD. every time we check with 510 rep or local SC they always say its pre-production and they don't have any insights and we will only know when it's shipped. I wouldn't have ordered it if not for the tax break. Will have to cancel it if won't make it for that.
FWIW, my OD was 2/3. The VIN was assigned recently and the EDD changed to 3/19-3/26 (from 2/26-3/26). SA said it's in transit, which means that the car is already built. He also informed that from what he sees in the system, the car should be available a week earlier but let's see. Hope that the tax credit does not change for deliveries in March and even if they do, hope the AWDs qualify for the full 7.5k tax credit.

Reactions: dion009 and erktrek
The ones on waitingfortesla will still be available to order and they should match ones found searching existing inventory on Tesla's own site. Waitingfortesla shows build dates for the cars but not the full VIN. The MYAWD build dates were always a week or so in the future from when they showed up on the site (and on Tesla.com). I think on tesla's site they say "coming soon". It seems that they are delayed significantly more than the "build date". They may need to be sorted and get on trucks. Drone footage shows hundreds of MY just parked outside Giga Texas so a lot of staging going on which delays the actual delivery date even for these MYAWDs.
On the WaitingForTesla page - I ordered MYLR Blue/Black 19” wheels. There are only 6 blue ones and all have 20” wheels. Should I go seek therapy for my separation anxiety 🤓? My EDD is 21MAR-31MAR.

yup I agree with you all the AWD show up as "coming soon to" I assumed it should be quick since it shows in inventory probably everyone thought the same thing that the car must be ready to deliver.
When I placed the order of the AWD on 2/12, it was mainly because it was available on the inventory page as "early delivery option" and already had EDD 2/17-3/15 posted, and as soon as I placed the order and opened the app the VIN number was already assigned so I assumed the car was "almost" ready or on its way. Now that the EDD disappeared I'm hoping for a delivery date option to schedule next time it updates.. will see...

When I placed the order of the AWD on 2/12, it was mainly because it was available on the inventory page as "early delivery option" and already had EDD 2/17-3/15 posted, and as soon as I placed the order and opened the app the VIN number was already assigned so I assumed the car was "almost" ready or on its way. Now that the EDD disappeared I'm hoping for a delivery date option to schedule next time it updates.. will see...
If it was in the inventory, it should be marked as "coming soon" or "available" at the Tesla location. If it was the latter, you should be able to contact the local Tesla to see the status of the car, the one that you saw and were assigned the VIN.

FWIW, my OD was 2/3. The VIN was assigned recently and the EDD changed to 3/19-3/26 (from 2/26-3/26). SA said it's in transit, which means that the car is already built. He also informed that from what he sees in the system, the car should be available a week earlier but let's see. Hope that the tax credit does not change for deliveries in March and even if they do, hope the AWDs qualify for the full 7.5k tax credit.
Is yours MYAWD? can you share the vin series?

Question about Tesla financing: does it ask you for the amount financed or does it run your credit first then tell you what is the max amount you’re approved for? If the former, if you input an amount higher and you get denied, does it then tell you what is the max loan amount or are you simply denied the loan completely? TIA

Reactions: Lady