Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone spoken with Tower FCU recently?

I spoke with them earlier as my 30 days is coming up on the 26th. I had called them 2 weeks ago to extend my 3.49% loan which they approved and made a note on my account. When I spoke with them today, they are now saying that they are not honoring any extensions beyond 30 days.

I have all my docs submitted already but they are not processing my loan. Wondering if anyone else was allowed an extension?

MYLR W/W 19” (no other options)
Austin
OD 1/13 (around noon CST)
EDD originally Jan - Feb
Few updates...lost track but all in bewteen Jan and Feb.
EDD update 2/19: Feb 19 - Mar 02
EDD update 2/20: Feb 20 - Mar 02
EDD update 2/21: Feb 21 - Mar 02

Got VIN this morning. Its Austin Build. So I am hoping folks in Texas region with same configuration and around same OD will get their VINs today or this week.
Delivery scheduled: 02/28.

My estimated delivery time is still March 3-31. It's been like this for about over 2 weeks. And it is now Feb 23 when posting this and I placed the order Feb 4.

Is the estimation time usually accurate? I mainly did this for the tax credit but I asked the Tesla dealer and they will not make any guarantees if my car will come on time. Is the IRS firm on the March 31st you must take delivery? I think it's unfair I feel they should make the requirement just putting the deposit down because that's the only thing we have control over, we don't have control over Tesla's delivery time.

How will I even know when my car gets its VIN because that's the next major step that the employee told me I would see. They also said all Teslas get made in batches when it comes to all the customization Teslas can have. I can wait but it's more about qualifying for the tax incentive. They said the IRS could always change things that either they continue to honor the current tax incentive past March or they don't.

i'm getting impatient. OD 2/10, EDD stuck at 3/15 - 3/31 for white/black MYP with tow hitch. is it worth the try to modify the design to expedite the delivery? is it always when you add more options the quicker you get your cars? i'm in socal by the way.
That EDD will probably be pretty accurate. Had a couple people with MYP in socal with OD around 1/17-1/20 have VINs assigned just yesterday. I don't think changing your order would make much of a difference at this point.

I have an OD of 1/25 with MYLR MSM/Black/19"/5 and my EDD is 4/2-5/7 coming to New Jersey. Guessing they are being built around the same batch.

Interesting...my order has similar timing but delivery is in CA - perhaps 2 mini batches for silver. Not sure if my order may get brought back to March or not.

MYLR MSM/Black /19"/ 5 seat / tow hitch
OD: 1/26 Original
EDD: Feb - March
Updated EDD (2/1): 3/6 - 3/31
Updated EDD (2/14): 4/7 - 5/19
Updated EDD (2/22): 4/3 - 5/8
Picking up at Nor Cal- Dublin service center

i'm getting impatient. OD 2/10, EDD stuck at 3/15 - 3/31 for white/black MYP with tow hitch. is it worth the try to modify the design to expedite the delivery? is it always when you add more options the quicker you get your cars? i'm in socal by the way.
If you're not trying to provide comic relief here and are serious.... 13 days??? I ordered the same exact model including tow hitch on 1/26 and my EDD is 3/16-3/31 (No VIN). The $13K price drop and subsequent raising of the IRS limit to $80K on the MYLR caused a huge spike in orders. Sit tight and wait! But if you feel compelled to change your order, it seems to be a mixed bag. Some saying it sped up their vin and others got pushed out a couple months. But, on a positive note, if you get pushed out a couple months, the rest of us may get ours sooner! :cool:

• Helpful
Reactions: slyderz3
The texas buyer is stuck, as they already own the car. Tesla doesnt unwind deals as a rule, just like other dealers dont. Perhaps you want to engage with other texas buyers in the texas subforum to get clarification of details, but Texas does not allow direct sales of vehicles by manufacturers (protecting the dealer lobby).

This is not a Tesla thing, its a Texas law thing.

Looks like nobody responds over in that dark corner of the forum, ha

Last edited: