Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the people getting upset that someone who ordered a few days after them has a VIN before them....I understand that can be frustrating....BUT remember that as recent as last October it wasn't "days" after them or even "weeks" after them....no....it was "months" after them....so it could always be worse.

There were people with June orders getting VINs before Feb orders. Guess what changed between those two times....in the US three price hikes...in Canada, four price hikes.

Just putting the current climate into a little perspective, worrying about a few days (maximum 1 week) order vs VIN mismatches is nothing.
I can understand few days here and there but this doesn’t justify for people waiting with OD 1/13

Reactions: FanboyNC and Lady
I can understand few days here and there but this doesn’t justify for people waiting with OD 1/13
This speaks to the chaos that is the ordering/factory build/assigning to order process.. again would be nice if Tesla actually provided some regular communication then we wouldn't feel like we were in Limbo and having to second guess everything. Even a "Hey while your EDD hasn't changed yet exciting things are happening - here's what is going on..." message every once in a while would go a long way to alleviating the "ajada"...

Reactions: slyderz3 and Lady
Mmm, I wonder if buying the acceleration boost would accomplish the same thing as buying the more expensive wheels, Tempting but...
I do not think you can buy acceleration boost for the car until you can manage the actual car and upgrades in your account. At least that is the way it was on my 3.
As for the 20 inch wheels getting delivered first, I speculate it had/has more to do with some sort of wheel availability than the 2K price difference. This morning there appeared another dozen or so MYLR with 20" wheels in inventory in my area. I hope they would not continue to pump out these cars if they had the ability to fulfill existing orders with 19s first. But of course none of us here really know.

Reactions: notanid4
Hi all, I think I read previously that the Tesla App can be deceiving and that we should check on the computer to ensure all pre-delivery tasks are completed to avoid delay. I completed everything: insurance, nothing to trade in, including payment (yes - a risky move). Delivery appointment is shown on the app. However, I still see the message 'Complete your tasks to avoid delays in delivery' in the app right under the delivery appointment date and time. I checked Tesla account on the computer but I cannot see if anything is still outstanding. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I think I would contact your SA and have them look at your account.

Reactions: greenearth2129
MYLR White/ Black/ 20in Induction
No extras.

Denver, CO

ODD: 02/05/23
VIN: Same day as Order
EDD: 02/16- 03/11
Changed to Prepare for Delivery around 02/24

Dying to get this before the IRS makes any changes in March 😶
Dodged a huge bullet by canceling my Y order last December 💆🏼‍♀️😅💸
Today is 3 weeks from ODD so hoping I hear soon, though I will call today in case the car is finished and they can schedule me 🤞🏼😹

Personally don’t care if the radar comes back as it shouldn’t cost more than 1k to add it back in and after the EV tax credit (IF I don’t get undermined by the IRS changes in March) this car will have cost $43k! ^_^ whoop whoop

I do not think you can buy acceleration boost for the car until you can manage the actual car and upgrades in your account. At least that is the way it was on my 3.
As for the 20 inch wheels getting delivered first, I speculate it had/has more to do with some sort of wheel availability than the 2K price difference. This morning there appeared another dozen or so MYLR with 20" wheels in inventory in my area. I hope they would not continue to pump out these cars if they had the ability to fulfill existing orders with 19s first. But of course none of us here really know.
I wondered about that. Thanks for the clarification.

Definitely do not want the 20-21" wheels. No disrespect intended to folks that Like them.

Have to train myself to be ultra careful about rim rash and curbing as it is, from looking at the virtually non existent sidewall .
Also look into buying 18 inch wheels and some tall studded snow tires for next year.

Hi all, I think I read previously that the Tesla App can be deceiving and that we should check on the computer to ensure all pre-delivery tasks are completed to avoid delay. I completed everything: insurance, nothing to trade in, including payment (yes - a risky move). Delivery appointment is shown on the app. However, I still see the message 'Complete your tasks to avoid delays in delivery' in the app right under the delivery appointment date and time. I checked Tesla account on the computer but I cannot see if anything is still outstanding. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Mine too. Just gonna show up to my delivery appt tomorrow as if it’s all good. 😂

Reactions: greenearth2129
Heard Tesmanian mats are best next to Tesla but they are back ordered
Thanks. What is strange is that the Taptes Floor mats recomended above had such mixed reviews, but then I found the below link and their reviews are mostly all good. However they are out of stock just as your recomendation is also.

I don't get my car until (hopefully) end of next month. I'll see about pre-ordering these mats.

TAPTES Floor Mats Full Set​

Thanks. What is strange is that the Taptes Floor mats recomended above had such mixed reviews, but then I found the below link and their reviews are mostly all good. However they are out of stock just as your recomendation is also.

I don't get my car until (hopefully) end of next month. I'll see about pre-ordering these mats.

TAPTES Floor Mats Full Set​

They are available on the Taptes website for sub $150. You can probably find a code to get 5-10% off.

Reactions: Yomanjm
Well, very frustrating. My exact match was (emphasis word "was") in another city. I tried contacting Tesla via text, my SA and Chat to see about switching my RN to that vehicle and go and pick it up. Two hours later I was contacted. By then the car was sold. However, Tesla insists that my original price would NOT be honored and I would have to pay the price increase.

What I do not understand is why the exact matched car is not routed to one that has that exact order here. Biasedly ;) I think they should.

I guess I should be grateful that my EDD has stayed at 21MAR-31MAR this whole time.

Reactions: Lady and erktrek
They are available on the Taptes website for sub $150. You can probably find a code to get 5-10% off.
I prefer a bit more subtle look so ended up getting these LDCRS's:

They're a bit more expensive at $170 and available. They look nice but I currently have no idea how well they fit since I don't have my vehicle, ymmv. ;)

Last edited:
MYLR White/ Black/ 20in Induction
From “Existing Inventory”
“Coming Soon to Denver”
No extras.

Denver, CO

ODD: 02/05/23
VIN: Same day as Order
EDD: 02/16- 03/11
Changed to Prepare for Delivery around 02/24

Dying to get this before the IRS makes any changes in March 😶
Dodged a huge bullet by canceling my Y order last December 💆🏼‍♀️😅💸
Today is 3 weeks from ODD so hoping I hear soon, though I will call today in case the car is finished and they can schedule me 🤞🏼😹

Personally don’t care if the radar comes back as it shouldn’t cost more than 1k to add it back in and after the EV tax credit (IF I don’t get undermined by the IRS changes in March) this car will have cost $43k! ^_^

I prefer a bit more subtle look so ended up getting these LDCRS's:

They're a bit more expensive at $170 and available. They look nice but I currently have no idea how well they fit since I don't have my vehicle, ymmv. ;)

Those looking really nice. I would pull the trigger on them if I had an actual delivery date 3+ weeks after ordering my MYP :(. I'll end up ordering the essential accessories a week or so ahead of when I pick up the vehicle..

Reactions: erktrek
Those looking really nice. I would pull the trigger on them if I had an actual delivery date 3+ weeks after ordering my MYP. I'll end up ordering the essential accessories a week or so ahead of when I pick up the vehicle..
Yeah I got a little over excited/anxious and ordered a bunch of stuff so of course my EDD then got pushed...

Now have a dedicated "Tesla paraphernalia" waiting area in the basement. I also want to get the roof racks but will probably hold off.. because I desperately need to just stop already.. 🤣

Yeah I got a little over excited/anxious and ordered a bunch of stuff so of course my EDD then got pushed...

Now have a dedicated "Tesla paraphernalia" waiting area in the basement. I also want to get the roof racks but will probably hold off.. because I desperately need to just stop already.. 🤣
I'm right there with you. I've already had a wall charger installed as well.

Reactions: erktrek