Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This will be my last post here in the waiting room, as we picked it up and drove it home over the last couple of days. I will write up longer reviews of the delivery experience, and of the Model Y itself elsewhere in this forum.

MYLR5 PW/AB/19/ No Upsells
OD: 16 Jan
Ordering info steps 1-3: 16 Jan
Original EDD: Jan-Mar
1st EDD midpoint: 28 Feb
Offered pickup 23 Feb
Actual pickup 27 Feb

Tesla Littleton was our delivery center. Overall a good job, with only one real SNAFU. Will write that up separately.

They screwed me up totally, not sure of my options

MSM/White/19, Dallas

OD 1/14
EDD4 - 2/28 to 3/12
EDD today - 3/14 to 3/26

No text on vin assignment, pattern is when EDD starts it pushes out.
Thats how mine has been. Probably due to the white int we both have?
1/15 OD, W/W/19 MYLR5, Houston
1/18 EDD: 2/6-3/6
2/7 EDD: 2/19-3/19
2/20 EDD: 3/2-3/16
I imagine I'll get a 3/3 update that says 3/13-3/27 or something. Very frustrating.
Both of you are in Texas where the Austin factory is. You will have your cars by end of this month for sure. Tesla tends to delay deliveries to areas closer to the factory and fulfill those orders close to quarter end. For now, I hope they are planning to build my car and ship to Colorado :p

Update:
Boston, MA
Stock MYLR (White/Black/19") + Tow
OD: 1/18 @ 6:45PM ET
OEDD: Jan-Mar
EDD 1 (1/19): 03/29-03/31
EDD 2 (1/30): 03/07-03/31
EDD 3 (2/14): 02/28-03/28
EDD 4 (3/1): 03/10-03/24

No VIN yet. Received "expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks" text on 2/26.
Glad to see the delivery window narrow down to 2 weeks.

Had my Tesla Wall Connector charger installed last week, so I'm ready to take this baby home. All in all, it looks like it will be delivered within the timeframe originally promised by Tesla, so I have nothing to complain about, despite that some were able to get theirs sooner with later ODs.

How do you switch you delivery center? I am currently set to Mt Kisco. I would rather go to Binghamton. Even though it's further away, its a straight shot and all highway.
Text or call your SA. They will do it for you as long as you havent received a vin. After the VIN is assigned the ball is in motion and they will not want to disrupt the process. However if its still sitting at the factory and not on its transport they just might modify it for you. Good Luck

Reactions: GigaMike
Both of you are in Texas where the Austin factory is. You will have your cars by end of this month for sure. Tesla tends to delay deliveries to areas closer to the factory and fulfill those orders close to quarter end. For now, I hope they are planning to build my car and ship to Colorado :p
Texas-built Teslas that are sold to Texas buyers must be shipped out of state, paid for, then shipped back, so they can take longer to deliver here. :)

How do you switch you delivery center? I am currently set to Mt Kisco. I would rather go to Binghamton. Even though it's further away, its a straight shot and all highway.
I would like to know as well. Im currently set to Mt Kisco and would like to switch to Brooklyn. Parking is pia here but Im trading in so it shouldnt be an issue?

Also, theres a rumor that the gemini wheels are out of stock. Some people who have upgraded their wheels received instant delivery date. It makes sense because yesterday my EDD disappeared. Now I just have a vin with no date.

Update: Last Sat 2/25, me and my wife went to the Tesla office for test drive and briefly spoke with our SA if we can get the car on or before 2/28. He said the car will possibly arrive on 2/28 and he will see what he can do. I texted the 510 number asking for an update this morning and within few minutes my SA called and said the car is at the office and I can take delivery later this afternoon! Will report back after we get it. Good luck and best wishes to all from the bottom of my heart. It has been a crazy journey.
Final update: picked up our Tesla yesterday afternoon. It is absolutely gorgeous. I am really happy and glad that I switched the color to Red and the 20" induction wheels look amazing. I immediately forgot the frustrating and uncertainty around getting a VIN and the EDD saga I went through since the initial order when EDD was Feb-Mar: continuously checking the App to see a VIN - then on one fine Monday (2/13) the EDD changed to Apr-May :mad:, frustrated, started searching the internet for more info, finding and joining this forum, finding a post on 2/15 from one kind soul - slyderz3 🙏- about availability of MYLR in Cleveland, OH, that are eligible to be registered in IN, keep refreshing website with Cleveland zip code every hour to see what else is coming and then finding a R/W/20" on 2/16 night, having my SA change my order design to match it on 2/17 morning, delivery scheduled on 3/2, asked SA if possible to get by 2/28 if the truck comes in....finally got the call from SA yesterday that I could come pick up the car in the afternoon....It was all worth it.

Delivery went extremely smooth - me and wife signed some papers and the SA let us inspect the car as long as we needed. Driver side window wouldn't go up all the way, which was fixed by a calibration of all the windows. Other than that, we did not see anything at all. Everything looked really good. Accepted the delivery in the App and drove back home. I kept going to the garage few times at night to just check it out.

I am positive that once you get your car - whatever color combination/wheel/options you selected - you will forget the painful and frustrating journey I pray that you all get the full tax credit as well. Best wishes and good luck to you all - 💚☮️.

TeslaY_pic2.jpg

I would like to know as well. Im currently set to Mt Kisco and would like to switch to Brooklyn. Parking is pia here but Im trading in so it shouldnt be an issue?

Also, theres a rumor that the gemini wheels are out of stock. Some people who have upgraded their wheels received instant delivery date. It makes sense because yesterday my EDD disappeared. Now I just have a vin with no date.
Isn't the assignment of VIN a indication of all Parts are available for build ?