Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally called the local Tesla number and it routed the call to Montreal Canada .
Nice girl answered. They are buried in snow and orders. I did ask after she looked up my RN whether she thought the MYLR (OOD 1/18) would arrive before 3/31 and she said unlikely with what she sees.
She also checked inventory and found one 7 seater in Boise in another color or an AWD soon to arrive in Seattle.

That was pretty much it...

Said a Vin has not been assigned to my RN yet.

Good Luck to us all as far as delivery dates. I will wait through the end of the month.

• Informative
Reactions: James2023y
Finally called the local Tesla number and it routed the call to Montreal Canada .
Nice girl answered. They are buried in snow and orders. I did ask after she looked up my RN whether she thought the MYLR (OOD 1/18) would arrive before 3/31 and she said unlikely with what she sees.
She also checked inventory and found one 7 seater in Boise in another color or an AWD soon to arrive in Seattle.

That was pretty much it...

Said a Vin has not been assigned to my RN yet.

Good Luck to us all as far as delivery dates. I will wait through the end of the month.
IIRC, the IRS website says that any new change they make gets reflected the day after so you can just wait and see what happens. If they do deduct or completely take away the federal tax credit, then you can weigh out the pros/cons of keeping or cancelling your current order. But remember that if they don't make any changes, then the federal tax credit just stays as is iirc.

HW4.0 (will prob roll out to X and S models first), new MY refresh models (prob in a few years), new Tesla models, potential price increases, etc are all things to consider.

how was the experience? I haven't heard anything from them yet i guess yours was a 20 so it came out early.
Btw car looks beautiful! :)
I showed up a day early, it was starting to get dark, I have a 3 so they did not need to show me anything, it was a 3 minute transaction, I didn't even open the rear hatch just a quick walk around and out, I noticed some noises coming from the rear seat area but so far that is it, on the way to get new tires on then will scope everything out well.

IIRC, the IRS website says that any new change they make gets reflected the day after so you can just wait and see what happens. If they do deduct or completely take away the federal tax credit, then you can weigh out the pros/cons of keeping or cancelling your current order. But remember that if they don't make any changes, then the federal tax credit just stays as is iirc.

HW4.0 (will prob roll out to X and S models first), new MY refresh models (prob in a few years), new Tesla models, potential price increases, etc are all things to consider.
I should have said I will wait through the month (at a minimum)

Seriously doubt they will pull the tax break out from under the feet of order holders that quickly... and if they do- Still don't think there is a better deal out there for an all wheel drive electric SUV.
Stay the course a thousand points of Light etc. etc:)

MYLR, Freemont build white/black/20'

Originally scheduled for delivery tomorrow in Seattle, but was held up and now rescheduled for this Tuesday.

... your Model Y is slightly delayed in transit and will not make it before your current scheduled delivery appointment on 3/4. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please reschedule your delivery appointment now at...

Reactions: Lady
You had locked in a good price, so maybe just wait and see since you already paid that non refundable $250.

This is another good example of how Tesla chooses to prioritize.
Same Boat...
OD 1/14 MSM/W/19
EDD5 - 3/12 - 3/26
Many after my OD are getting VINs for same config. SA says everything good and waiting for VIN from factory but they can't do anything to address/escalate this.

Mean while my Cousin from Chicago is not ready to take delivery with same OD W/B/19 but VIN assigned twice.

When we were looking before pulling the trigger on the MYLR, we were looking at Highlander hybrids and they were a minimum 2-4 months so we asked about RAV4 prime and they just laughed and said “probably over a year” and RAV4 hybrid was at least 6 mos. (Tucson)
Yeah, in Canada my sister went to order one and they also just laughed and said maybe 2 years....LOL...what a joke...although that was a year ago so probably demand has dropped but I suspect supply is still low.

Guys, update from my side, pulled the trigger on an MYAWD 20" inventory which was at the service center. Swapping the wheels with a friend for 1600. I am going to poke him more to get the max out. delivery confirmed for tomorrow. the base price was 1k higher showing on the web but they honored my order price plus 2k for the wheels. everything was initially done on the email with my local SA. Got quickly updated in the app as soon I confirmed with them. Went to the SC and verified everything. initially, they said Monday delivery, I requested for tomorrow and later got a msg saying express delivery 15 mins tomorrow. the vin is 73XXX. I saw lots of Ys there for delivery in all colors with 19 and 20" wheels. I didn't see any of the Fremont ones all where Austin. PA series The furthest I noticed the Vin was 83XXX. Not sure if these are AWD or LR.

I went to Tesla a couple of days ago and discussed my options with the SA. There was only one vehicle showing in inventory but the SA told me it will arrive at the location on 12th March. So, at least sometimes, the vehicles showing in the inventory are also not there physically.
That’s my situation. Live in SC, closest outlet is Savannah, GA, found inventory MYLR Black/BW Gemini slated for Ohio. Have to pay delivery fee but…update is EDD in Savannah now scheduled between 3/13-3/15. We shall see. But it’s certainly not there right now. 🤣

Just another perspective...

Giga Austin alone produces at least 3,000 Model Ys per week. Fremont can produce up to 550,000 Model 3 + Model Y per year. Assuming a 40/60 mix, that's another 6,000+. All these Model Y's are being delivered to customers all day, every day, yet we only read about a few of them per day on this forum.

This should serve as a reminder that "99%" of Tesla owners have no voice here. :)
I think Fremont also delivers to Canada and Korea if am not wrong. Also believe all 7 seaters are made in Fremont

• Informative
Reactions: zroger73
I think Fremont also delivers to Canada and Korea if am not wrong. Also believe all 7 seaters are made in Fremont
Can confirm that all Canadian cars come from Fremont (to date). Not sure about Korea. Yes, all 7 seaters and all MYPs come out of Fremont (to date). Until just recently all white seats were out of Fremont but now Austin is making them.