Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I am not alone here. Have you reached out to your SC ? If so, did they get back to you ?
Check this link from Tesla to see if it's the same. I have a Volvo PHEV and a Nissan leaf EV which makes the noise when charging or after a ride for some time. It's the battery cooling system is my understanding. Tesla has put audio file to check. That's the first time I have seen it a manufacturer do it 😃

Given the IRS's ambiguity around the exact date in March that they can be expected to give a notification on the tax credit rules etc, I feel that all March deliveries will be eligible for the full credit. That's just my opinion but if it does not happen, tens of thousands of Tesla and EV buyers will be impacted given the volume of vehicles expected to be delivered in March across all EV makers. I am currently working through some federal goverment rule changes that impact my line of work and there they gave very clear dates around the date at which they will publish their proposal, the date range during which they will accept comments, and the exact date on which the final notification would be released as adopted. I see no other way than to let the status quo apply for all march deliveries irrespective of when in March the ruling eventually comes out on.

Last edited:
Given the IRS's ambiguity around the exact date in March that they can be expected to give a notification on the tax credit rules etc, I feel that all March deliveries will be eligible for the full credit. That's just my opinion but if it does not happen, tens of thousands of Tesla and EV buyers will be impacted given the volume of vehicles expected to be delivered in March across all EV makers.
Most likely might get some time in March before it comes due to all the complexities in the 2nd part with regard to the battery minerals. But the fact that it can come any day from March 1st is a $7500 or $3750 anxious thing.

Check this link from Tesla to see if it's the same. I have a Volvo PHEV and a Nissan leaf EV which makes the noise when charging or after a ride for some time. It's the battery cooling system is my understanding. Tesla has put audio file to check. That's the first time I have seen it a manufacturer do it 😃

Thanks for the reply. I did come across the link when I first heard the noise and was researching what the noise was. Unfortunately, the noise that I experienced matches none of those listed there.

Reactions: dion009
OD 1/16 (Tesla doc has 1/17)
MYLR5 W/B/19"/Tow (Changed to W/B from Blue/B with TXT 510# to SA few days after OD)
EDD1 (1/18) 2/12-3/19
EDD2 (2/5) 2/19-3/19
EDD3 (2/17) 3/3-3/10
VIN (2/17) PF692
DD 3/3

Got my car today @ Mt. Kisco NY. Came in 15 minutes early. My car was there with my name, unlocked and waiting. Everyone @ Mt.Kisco was really chill and helpful. "Take your time, no rush, please let us know if need any help" Looked car over in/out and it was flawless, at least to my eye :) Matrix lights, cargo cover, adapter. One little issue with front passenger side window rolling down every time I tried to close it was resolved by tech in 5 minutes. Did my trade in BMW 335XI - also easy and no issues, no games. Speaking of trade in. I did get a better offer from Carmax and Driveway. Initially I liked the Driveway better b/c they were willing to come to my house to pick up the car and their offer was close to Carmax. With Carmax I would have to drive the car over 40 miles and reading their reviews did not motivate me to try them out. Anyway, as soon as I was done with virtual inspection of Driveway they came back with low ball offer that they did not even try to explain when asked. So, I basically told them to put their offer where the light does not shine ... At this point I did not want to deal with another dealer and more bait and switch tactics. My trade in deal with Tesla and my SA at Mt.Kisco was straight forward, no headaches and to me it was worth a bit lower price for my BMW then I could possibly get by selling to another stealership. And I did not want to deal with private sale. I am happy with my new MYLR and the delivery experience at Mt. Kisco NY SC. I like MYLR suspension. It is a bit softer than BMW but still plenty of feedback from the road which to me is a good balance between comfort and drive feel. Acceleration and cornering seems on par with BMW if not a bit better. The car is quite. I am not sure about booming sound. It might be there but was certainly not overwhelming or bothering me much but might have to try to adjust the stops and see if it will do anything. Driver side mirror view is surprisingly small. When properly adjusted there is no blind spot but I think I am going to try a slightly curved mirror instead to get a bit bigger view. The hood I can't possibly see so parking in a tight spot without sensors is a bit tricky. I am sure I will get used to it soon. Wish you all best of luck and many joyful miles!
Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm in CT and Mt Kisco is my delivery SC. You mentioned getting the matrix lights. Do you know if you have an Austin or Fremont build? I'm REALLY hoping I get lucky with the matrix lights too.

Noooooo

MYLR MSM/Black/19"/no options

OD/Profile Complete: 1/27
EDD 1: Jan - Mar
EDD 2 (1/31): 3/26 - 3/31
EDD 3 (2/14): 3/27 - 3/31
EDD 4 (3/4): 4/19 - 5/24

No changes made to original order

So Cal

This was after I had a very vivid dream of opening the app and seeing a VIN - only to wake up to this update.

Also, noticed waitingfortesla site went from 400 MYs to 21 this morning. Something must have happened…

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm in CT and Mt Kisco is my delivery SC. You mentioned getting the matrix lights. Do you know if you have an Austin or Fremont build? I'm REALLY hoping I get lucky with the matrix lights too.
My MYLR is Fremont build. VIN is PF with F for Fremont, CA and if you have PA in your VIN A stands for Austin, TX. For the last month + all MYLR from Fremont came with Matrix lights as far as I know.