Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like that train has left the station. I've been monitoring waitingfortesla.com on a frequent basis. Two or three weeks ago almost all of MYs that were being dropped into inventory had 20s. Lately, I've noticed a great deal more 19s.

I think changing wheel option may get you an earlier date based upon what vehicles are being planned for one's delivery location. (I tried switching for my configuration for one day and switched back as I decided it's too late to really make a difference. This waffling probably hurt my place in the queue:confused:. )
Try it. You probably get the VIN next day and deliver within a week. It was my case.

Slight off-topic, but does anyone have experience with or has shopped around for Carbon fiber exterior accessories for the MY? I'm particularly looking at the matte CF mirror and camera covers. There are a ton of choices ranging from $90 on AliExpress to $200 so wanted to see if anyone here had done some research..I'm planning to add CF accents to the Red exterior so will eventually have CF rear view mirrors, camera covers, and the spoiler. The two below are what I've currently shortlisted...

I bet you if you added one of the following to your order:
-20 inch Wheels
- Performance
- 7 seater

- EAP
-FSD

You will get a VIN within days. :-D
Well.. you may have just run out of time for the switch to 20 inch wheels. It's mostly 19 inches popping up in the inventory these days. EAP and FSD - no luck really as those are software upgrades and not dependent on the configuration being built at the factory. A colleague added EAP a few weeks back but to no avail. Many of these were true until recently.. but now they're mostly focused on meeting quarterly targets with maximum number of deliveries in the remaining days of the month.

Well.. you may have just run out of time for the switch to 20 inch wheels. It's mostly 19 inches popping up in the inventory these days. EAP and FSD - no luck really as those are software upgrades and not dependent on the configuration being built at the factory. A colleague added EAP a few weeks back but to no avail. Many of these were true until recently.. but now they're mostly focused on meeting quarterly targets with maximum number of deliveries in the remaining days of the month.

Agree

Reactions: FanboyNC