Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR, white/black/19"
OD: January 20
EDD: Jan - Mar 2023 (original)
EDD: March 3 - March 31 (updated January 25)
EDD: February 23 - March 23 (updated February 14)
EDD: February 25 - March 11 (updated February 23)
EDD: February 26 - March 11 (updated February 26)
EDD: February 27 - March 11 (updated February 27) (also got the "VIN expected in 1-2 weeks text")
EDD: March 8 - March 22 (updated February 28)
Changed to 20"/tow on March 2
EDD: March 7 - March 16 (updated today, March 7)

Still no VIN, though.

MYLR, white/black/19"
OD: January 20
EDD: Jan - Mar 2023 (original)
EDD: March 3 - March 31 (updated January 25)
EDD: February 23 - March 23 (updated February 14)
EDD: February 25 - March 11 (updated February 23)
EDD: February 26 - March 11 (updated February 26)
EDD: February 27 - March 11 (updated February 27) (also got the "VIN expected in 1-2 weeks text")
EDD: March 8 - March 22 (updated February 28)
Changed to 20"/tow on March 2
EDD: March 7 - March 16 (updated today, March 7)

Still no VIN, though.
I'd check the source code or look for an updated MVPA on your account. With a 9 day window you almost certainly have a VIN assigned. My VIN didn't show up on app or website till almost a week after it was assigned and I only found it in a new MVPA on my account (document section). Source code only showed it a couple days after the MVPA and still before it showed on my account/app.
My only clue was an email from Tesla saying final payment was now due.

• Helpful
Reactions: zroger73
I'm so Mad right now. I've ordered on 1/18 which is really not that late. They just push me to April 9- to May 14 today! I can't even speak to anyone to complain about this. 7500 just went down the drain. Tesla keep bragging how quick they are with production and they can't even fulfill orders from the first couple weeks.
Yep, a bunch of us have had this happen. sucks.

Reactions: maytaurustiger
I'd check the source code or look for an updated MVPA on your account. With a 9 day window you almost certainly have a VIN assigned. My VIN didn't show up on app or website till almost a week after it was assigned and I only found it in a new MVPA on my account (document section). Source code only showed it a couple days after the MVPA and still before it showed on my account/app.
My only clue was an email from Tesla saying final payment was now due.
I'll keep checking, but as of this moment, there's no MVPA in my documentation section - only the Order Agreement and Lemon Law Disclosure - neither of which contains the VIN. There's no VIN in the source code, either.

They are running out of shipping time to get cars to the east for EOQ numbers. So they will be saving all the cars to deliver to N.Cal or some closer states for the last 2-3 weeks of March.
Not sure where they deliver the end of March Austin cars to as it is a bit more complicated with Texas needing to ship the car out of state and back in. For Fremont people pick up direct from the Fremont DC.

I'm so Mad right now. I've ordered on 1/18 which is really not that late. They just push me to April 9- to May 14 today! I can't even speak to anyone to complain about this. 7500 just went down the drain. Tesla keep bragging how quick they are with production and they can't even fulfill orders from the first couple weeks.
Super Mad me too. Same OD: 1/18, Blue-BLK, 19, NJ. EDD got pushed today to 4/9-5/14. Unbelievable.

Reactions: maytaurustiger
I'll keep checking, but as of this moment, there's no MVPA in my documentation section - only the Order Agreement and Lemon Law Disclosure - neither of which contains the VIN. There's no VIN in the source code, either.
Hopefully you will get it really soon. Seems like such a short window (that starts today) to not have a VIN.

They are running out of shipping time to get cars to the east for EOQ numbers. So they will be saving all the cars to deliver to N.Cal or some closer states for the last 2-3 weeks of March.
Not sure where they deliver the end of March Austin cars to as it is a bit more complicated with Texas needing to ship the car out of state and back in. For Fremont people pick up direct from the Fremont DC.
Read in reddit forum that they've contracted 2 more logistics to get max and fast deliveries to meet quarterly targets. Not sure if they'll necessarily be for the East Coast folks though (who are quite far away); although some of us did see EDD improvements today. Only time will tell!!!

It wont be 7500, at most it would end up being 3,750. Having said that, I dont think we're going to hear guidance this month from the IRS.