Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MYLR today from Raleigh. Comments:
1. Didn't realize they no longer include the mobile charging cable. No biggie.
2. Definitely fit and finish problems and I'm not particularly picky. Guess I need to do a service request. The SC is 80 miles away though.
3. Just initial impression. Drives a lot like my Camry hybrid. A bit more noise than the Camry. Definitely didn't blow me away handling wise. Have to dial back the regen braking so I don't snap passenger's heads back.
4. Acceleration is very good, particularly at higher speed. No comparison.
5. Had to remind myself I wasn't creating any emissions. Yea! No big adjustment to EV from ICE.
6. Cars coming up from behind me on left or right don't appear on the screen soon enough to prevent blindside swiping. Have to rely on mirrors.
7. Several of the OEM accessories I bought do not fit. The rear side/trunk containers, the right one does not fit. The front console trays, only the back one fits. The front one jams the opening. Disappointing.
I'm sure as i get used to it I'm going to love it. Just giving first impressions.

EDD6: Feb 28 - Mar 13
EDD7: Mar 1 - Mar 14
EDD8: Mar 2 - Mar 14
EDD9: Mar 3 - Mar 14
EDD10: Mar 5 - Mar 14
Finally got my VIN this morning, EDD changed to Mar 5 - Mar 12. I'm in the bay area, so of course it's Fremont built. :)

Do I have to add the car to my insurance before uploading it?
Picked up my car at Fremont today, accepted delivery. Otherwise than two minor gap issues, the car looks great! I submitted service request, hope it will be fixed.

2. Definitely fit and finish problems and I'm not particularly picky. Guess I need to do a service request. The SC is 80 miles away though.
3. Just initial impression. Drives a lot like my Camry hybrid. A bit more noise than the Camry. Definitely didn't blow me away handling wise. Have to dial back the regen braking so I don't snap passenger's heads back.
5. Had to remind myself I wasn't creating any emissions. Yea! No big adjustment to EV from ICE.
6. Cars coming up from behind me on left or right don't appear on the screen soon enough to prevent blindside swiping. Have to rely on mirrors.
7. Several of the OEM accessories I bought do not fit. The rear side/trunk containers, the right one does not fit. The front console trays, only the back one fits. The front one jams the opening. Disappointing.
I'm sure as i get used to it I'm going to love it. Just giving first impressions.
How was your service center experience? I pick up from Raleigh next week. Does the car come with mud flaps or ppf?

How was your service center experience? I pick up from Raleigh next week. Does the car come with mud flaps or ppf?
Service was ok. Wall to wall Teslas on the lot. Only one person checking people in so he was unable to look at the defects i noticed. Generally pleasant as long as you're just there to pick up and accept the car. Much better than the Toyota dealer experience this morning selling my Camry.

EDD is now March 20 - 29 - hopefully sooner than later!

It might be sooner than later.

You can text the 510 number asking for the build date, and asking if it has been shipped out.
I got the vin assignment text on 3/4, and the build date was a day before. The SA said it's already in transit, so hopefully should be a shorter wait time than what the EDD states.

Service was ok. Wall to wall Teslas on the lot. Only one person checking people in so he was unable to look at the defects i noticed. Generally pleasant as long as you're just there to pick up and accept the car. Much better than the Toyota dealer experience this morning selling my Camry.
Yeah been there, it’s like a rental car lot 😀 went for a demo drive and got stuck there with my car as some customer came parked his car behind me. So no mud flaps or ppf I guess?

I had the same problem with the OEM rear storages. I returned and got full refund. I ordered from Amazon and it fits perfectly. The seller is OtriFowd but somehow he is no longer having 2023 MYLR rear storage bins on his Amazon store.
You can buy from the website instead.

Last edited:

I had the same problem with the OEM rear storages.
Thank you to both for bringing it up that some of the OEM accessories won't fit. I was contemplating if I should've bought some of my accessories on the official site or something in case the ones on Amazon don't fit. Now I think it should be fine (Amazon ones) as long as at least one review mentions that it fits for 2023 models haha.

I had the same problem with the OEM rear storages. I returned and got full refund. I ordered from Amazon and it fits perfectly. The seller is OtriFowd but somehow he is no longer having 2023 MYLR rear storage bins on his store.
I did the exact same thing recently lol. OtriFowd bins fit pretty well (the right one you gotta push below the slit so it fits properly). OEM Tesla trunk storage bins apparently do not fit with the MYs made after July 2022 or so (same issue we faced with right side).

Reactions: maytaurustiger
I sent a message to Tesla 510 phone number yesterday late night and I got one scheduled for delivery on Friday!
VIN 7SAY....PF70....

Question: How do you request to pick up the Fremont Sales office, instead of fore them to drop it off.
I want to do inspection and file service requests right away.
Or this does not really matter, since one can file service request later anyway?

Any experiences on this will be helpful.

I tried again and found a weird angle on the front console bin. It fits. Sorry for the misinformation; just need to think like Houdini I guess. As the others have said, the right trunk bin does not fit. Thanks for all your replies. I just put in the OEM floor protectors and they fit fine. And my steering wheel didn't fall off so all is good. Tomorrow in the daylight I'll give it another look.

Congrats and enjoy! For number 3 I’d recommend trying it a while longer if you can. After you get used to one pedal driving and feathering off the accelerator rather than just pulling entirely off of it you’ll enjoy a totally different and IMO better driving experience. And the extra efficiency from the regen is nice too.

Reactions: Lady and JMGNC
I sent a message to Tesla 510 phone number yesterday late night and I got one scheduled for delivery on Friday!
VIN 7SAY....PF70....

Question: How do you request to pick up the Fremont Sales office, instead of fore them to drop it off.
I want to do inspection and file service requests right away.
Or this does not really matter, since one can file service request later anyway?

Any experiences on this will be helpful.
What did you say to convince them to give you a VIN? Every time I text them the answer is always the same — go check the app. 😂

Last edited:
Sorry, didn't answer your question. No mud flaps or ppf. I bought the OEM flaps. Will install tomorrow. The plastic connectors look a bit flimsy, but others have had good luck with them. It did come with a cargo cover!!!

I'm in Raleigh as well, curious if they let you inspect the interior prior to accepting delivery? It seems to be a mixed bag of what experience people have regarding how much you can inspect prior to accepting delivery.