Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got back from Fremont factory. Thousands of Model Y in the parking lots waiting to be transport. Majority have 20”.

Based on what I saw, if you’re waiting for:

Gray: you’re a winner
Black: you’re a winner…sort of?
White: holy #%+$ you’re definitely a winner
Blue: ummm…maybe tomorrow?
Red: sorry mate…
Do you recall how many were long range vs performance models?

To everyone that received message about scheduling delivery, does it come by via email, text or just shows up in the app? I've seen multiple people here mention they were notified by email only. I ask because I constantly check the app but if it doesn't come by the app I'll resort to checking emails every 5 seconds instead lol

I received in text message from the 510 phone number, also in email.
You web account should always have the schedule delivery request.
I think I have seen notification on my phone app too, but that was after I have done the schedule.
So for me, the answer is all of the above.

Just got back from Fremont factory. Thousands of Model Y in the parking lots waiting to be transport. Majority have 20”.

Thanks for the intel!:cool:

If I was still in the bay area, I would have gone there to check every day (and not refreshing my app every hour)!!

Last edited:
70% long range
30% performance

Is this from the big parking lot with thousands of cars?

On the smaller lot next to sales/delivery center, there are 100+ cars to be delivered to local people, I feel MYP is about 40-50%.
Maybe Silicon Valley engineers are more willing to spend more on MYP.
Or maybe more frustrated Bay Area buyers switched to MYP to get earlier delivery dates.

To everyone that received message about scheduling delivery, does it come by via email, text or just shows up in the app? I've seen multiple people here mention they were notified by email only. I ask because I constantly check the app but if it doesn't come by the app I'll resort to checking emails every 5 seconds instead lol

For me, all three… But text is where I noticed first. The text and the email have the same time stamp.

Reactions: bigboi
Y’all complaining about no USS. Just go to the Dollar Tree Store and ask for the “Tesla Special”. Comes with 4 cockblocks.

Problem solved. See attached. Available for limited time at a store near you.

EABA9B1D-A58D-4239-A4CA-20C9DE7A1277.jpeg

That's great INFO!! The fact that Tesla insists on putting on 20" wheels, tells me that option is a highly profitable item. I am DEFINITELY not getting that option and will wait for my 19" standard wheels.

What's the deal with the cars I'm seeing on WaitingForTesla that say they can only be registered in certain states? Found a MYLR (MYP ordered) that I may be interested in but I'm not in one of the states listed for registration eligibility.

Since Tesla sells directly to customers, they have to abide by a range of rules/laws and regulations about vehicles being sold out of state. There are some that only allow sales inside the state, others with a select few states, and yet others where Tesla can sell to certain other states but with higher taxes.

I went by my local Tesla dealer today and there are so many order cars for pickup in the lot you can't fit another car in. Easily over 100 cars. They couldn't take any more cars now until they get these picked up. It causes me to wonder if Tesla centers are reporting they are temporoarily out of space.

Not one of them is my car, but there are a ton of White with black interior Ys there. At least half of them are.

Holy Hell!
Im sure you contacted Tesla at some point, did they give you a reason for the HUGE delay?
Lmao what do you expect the Tesla SAs to say when you get them on the phone? They aren't the ones manufacturing and assigning the cars to people. If you want to yell at them, it's not going to change anything except get them annoyed/pissed.

If you call them and generously plead or even show up to the Tesla location consistently, maybe they'll keep an eye on any available cars for you so you can get one ASAP. Otherwise you can't really do much. The "customer service" for Tesla is practically non-existent.

Thanks for the advise.

1. No, the plastic covers for both front seats was not removed but I noticed they were teared.

2. Service request already scheduled, first thing I did this morning after I made the post.
Actually, according to the SA I met yesterday, it is 7 days or 100 miles. But I will not take any chance.

3. I would have taken the car anyway even if I saw it.
If there is no Tax Credit deadline pressure, I might still take it because the problem is not serious to me and I have a trip coming up.
Hmm...I think they should be removing the plastic from both the inside and outside of the car prior to the buyer picking the car up (unless this was a home delivery?) but they're probably getting so many orders/pickups that they are doing a poor job at that.

Regardless, good job putting in the service request. As long as there is absolutely nothing else wrong with the car, I also agree with accepting the car. Worst case scenario you could research how to try fixing it or buy seat covers to hide the issue if service can't do anything.

When I picked up my MY last month, there were TONS of white MYs/M3s and quite a few midnight silvers while only a few black, blue, and red. I also did see a few Model Ss/Xs.

I believe I only received a text message regarding scheduling delivery date.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antique_High80
Took delivery today boys! No defects so far but I've not the whole checklist just the obvious. I had it delivered by independent carrier, that took a week after it was at the SC for a few days. The door handles suck for the icy weather we're getting right now in ND.

Didn't come with mudflaps, ppf, or car cover. Has matrix lights. Everything still wrapped in plastic, all the panels, doors, door sill, etc. Tape on corners of roof, stickers on wheels and door handles. Was surprised how thin and flimsy the interior panels were. About 1/3rd the thickness of any car I've seen. The accelerator pedal is hilariously cheap.

Overall we're happy with the car, though we expected higher quality of the above mentioned things. The tires are about a 5/10 in the wet snow like we had this evening, and it handles more like a front wheel drive than AWD which doesn't inspire confidence for winter driving, but I'm sure it's the tires. The rear window was useless for visibility. The side mirrors give a pretty narrow view, am definitely getting those wide angle mirrors someone here suggested. All the side windows front and back kept fogging up couldn't figure out how to help that situation besides lower the windows to let cool air in. It doesn't feel great for fresh winter weather, I'll probably favor my old SUV for that

I know I've said a lot of negative things, just pointing out those things as everything else has been good to excellent.

Attachments

• 20230310_154318~2.jpg
    20230310_154318~2.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Picking up in Brandon, MS tomorrow afternoon (MYLR5, OD: 1/30, MSM, black, 19, no extras, Austin build). A little weirded out because on Sunday (3/5) they pushed me from late March to late April/May, then out of nowhere on Tuesday I received a VIN and then delivery appointment. Also, I also texted the 510 number to ask the build date, but they "do not have that information." Isn't that something people are usually able to get from them?

I'm trying to keep an open mind that it's not a reject.

Took delivery today boys! No defects so far but I've not the whole checklist just the obvious. I had it delivered by independent carrier, that took a week after it was at the SC for a few days. The door handles suck for the icy weather we're getting right now in ND.

Didn't come with mudflaps, ppf, or car cover. Has matrix lights. Everything still wrapped in plastic, all the panels, doors, door sill, etc. Tape on corners of roof, stickers on wheels and door handles. Was surprised how thin and flimsy the interior panels were. About 1/3rd the thickness of any car I've seen. The accelerator pedal is hilariously cheap.

Overall we're happy with the car, though we expected higher quality of the above mentioned things. The tires are about a 5/10 in the wet snow like we had this evening, and it handles more like a front wheel drive than AWD which doesn't inspire confidence for winter driving, but I'm sure it's the tires. The rear window was useless for visibility. The side mirrors give a pretty narrow view, am definitely getting those wide angle mirrors someone here suggested. All the side windows front and back kept fogging up couldn't figure out how to help that situation besides lower the windows to let cool air in. It doesn't feel great for fresh winter weather, I'll probably favor my old SUV for that

I know I've said a lot of negative things, just pointing out those things as everything else has been good to excellent.
Congrats! Maybe the missing PPF and the mud guards are due to the carrier delivery. Ever tried to creat a ticket for that since other twin city deliveries are getting them at the pick up? If then can do it for free, you can stop by whenever you are in the area this summer?

Reactions: Tcorn and bekk