Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This does not make sense at all! Especially others are seeing their dates move back and forth. Most people ordered in Jan are getting their deliveries back in the March time frame (regardless if they keep their original MYLR or updated to MYP).

It may not feel like wasting time finding out why from Tesla at this point. But if there is any specific reason that may make you feel better, you should find it out for your own good. Any other unacceptable reasons will at least for you to be happy of cancelling becuase Tesla was not worth your money.
Ok maybe there's still hope we will get ours by EOQ! Identical specs and order date, current EDD 3/19 - 3/31.

MYLR Blue/Black/19/tow O/D 1/22
You’re lucky. My OD is 1/27. They push EDD to 04/18-5/23 and no VIN yet. I text SA for help, but no response from them. This is really frustrating

Quotes from Tesla insurance is Monthly.

I was told their rate changes each month based on your actual driving record in the previous month (collected over the air) and you can cancel any time.
Tesla SA told me they have seen about $200/month for MYLR.
My Statefarm agent had seen much lower from Tesla insurance.

I never got a quote from Tesla App and their phone# always put me on hold forever.
I would not want this kind of customer service when I have an emergency, so I stick with Statefarm.
My Statefarm insurance agents picks up at first ring during working hours, and calls me back when I left a message.
I see. Yeah I was quoted monthly rate of $154 with my wife as the driver. My quote from Geico that I've been using for years for 2 vehicles including the Tesla was $160 a month. I think I'll stick with Geico then. I haven't attempted to add another driver and vehicle to Tesla insurance yet but the rate will probably surpass $200 a month.

MYLR Blue/Black/19’s
OOD 1/23
Edd - Jan-march
Feb EDD - 3/10 - 3/31
Last week of Feb EDD - 3/14 - 3/3
SoCal

Still no txt for VIN assignment
Still no txt regarding anything, it’s like I’m being ghosted?

Anyone else in similar situation with same build?
I got my VIN already and will have pickup appointment tomorrow morning. See my signature for time line. Just text your SA to see if anything else that you need to do. If there’s nothing, at least they know that you’re looking for a VIN to be assigned. Best of luck!

Quotes from Tesla insurance is Monthly.

I was told their rate changes each month based on your actual driving record in the previous month (collected over the air) and you can cancel any time.
Tesla SA told me they have seen about $200/month for MYLR.
My Statefarm agent had seen much lower from Tesla insurance.

I never got a quote from Tesla App and their phone# always put me on hold forever.
I would not want this kind of customer service when I have an emergency, so I stick with Statefarm.
My Statefarm insurance agents picks up at first ring during working hours, and calls me back when I left a message.
Wow, there was another poster in this thread earlier that mentioned Tesla insurance in one case being under $70 a month.

My quote from Farm Bureau is $1690 a year with 250 / 500 deductible MYP

I picked up my red/black MYP this morning. Everything went smoothly and the car is perfect. I have to say this new comfort suspension is night and day better than what came on my wife’s blue MYLR back in June of last year. We replaced the suspension on that one with Redwood’s GT Ohlins setup. I’m almost ready to say I prefer the OEM MYP suspension over the Ohlins. But I want to get a few more miles on it before I announce that judgment. I was sure I’d want to at least replace the 21” Uberturbines with something smaller, but now I’m thinking there’s no need.
I would like a little more sidewall bulge to protect the rims. Maybe 265/40 in front and 295/40 in the rear.

I see. Yeah I was quoted monthly rate of $154 with my wife as the driver. My quote from Geico that I've been using for years for 2 vehicles including the Tesla was $160 a month. I think I'll stick with Geico then. I haven't attempted to add another driver and vehicle to Tesla insurance yet but the rate will probably surpass $200 a month.
I got $90 per month from AAA with 1k deductible and 100/300k limits for Model Y Performance.

Reactions: bigboi
Wow, there was another poster in this thread earlier that mentioned Tesla insurance in one case being under $70 a month.
That was me with the $60 Model Y insurance per month. I think the difference is I'm in IL, not CA. CA has different rules for Tesla insurance where safety score is not used. We keep a 99-100 safety score. Pretty easy once you drive a few weeks and see what to avoid.

Also, the Tesla quote will be with a 90 score, since they have to start you somewhere until you drive some. I think our quote was $110/month with a 90 score. But keeping a 99 score lowers to $60 a month.

Screenshot_20230311-153441.png

Last edited:
I picked up my red/black MYP this morning. Everything went smoothly and the car is perfect. I have to say this new comfort suspension is night and day better than what came on my wife’s blue MYLR back in June of last year. We replaced the suspension on that one with Redwood’s GT Ohlins setup. I’m almost ready to say I prefer the OEM MYP suspension over the Ohlins. But I want to get a few more miles on it before I announce that judgment. I was sure I’d want to at least replace the 21” Uberturbines with something smaller, but now I’m thinking there’s no need.
I would like a little more sidewall bulge to protect the rims. Maybe 265/40 in front and 295/40 in the rear.
So the 2023 MYP actually rides quite a bit better than the previous year MYL Making me feel better switching to the performance model. Thinking the same thing on the tires or just moving the rear tires to front wheels and adding 295 40's on the rear
That was me with the $60 Model Y insurance per month. I think the difference is I'm in IL, not CA. CA has different rules for Tesla insurance where safety score is not used. We keep a 99-100 safety score. Pretty easy once you drive a few weeks and see what to avoid.

Also, the Tesla quote will be with a 90 score, since they have to start you somewhere until you drive some. I think our quote was $110/month with a 90 score. But keeping a 99 score lowers to $60 a month.

View attachment 916484
That is a great price for comprehensive insurance!

Reactions: ev4robert

View attachment 916484
So, how difficult is it to get a 100 score? What factors are most important? I have been doing a 90 day deal with Travelers and I am doing well in all categories except for acceleration. I drive a 2015 pilot and I literally have been going as slow as I can off of stop signs etc. And it doesn't matter. My overall score is still fine but wondering how Tesla does it.

My quote from Farm Bureau is $1690 a year with 250 / 500 deductible MYP

I am sure the other poster was right.
My Statefarm agent also said Tesla insurance is much cheaper than theirs, I get $160/month with 5500 miles/year and $1000 deductible.

The SA is obviously being conservative.

So, how difficult is it to get a 100 score? What factors are most important? I have been doing a 90 day deal with Travelers and I am doing well in all categories except for acceleration. I drive a 2015 pilot and I literally have been going as slow as I can off of stop signs etc. And it doesn't matter. My overall score is still fine but wondering how Tesla does it.
One issue is driving between 10pm and 4am

• Informative
Reactions: slyderz3