Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One issue is driving between 10pm and 4am

Well I am definitely asleep during those hours 🙃. I may give it a try. My current insurance with 4 cars and 2 over 50 drivers wants $1100 per year for the tesla even with my excellent score on their app.

Reactions: erktrek
Any idea on the glass coverage for tesla insurance? It doesn't say in the coverage shown on the app.

Looks like they do - under claim types..

Glass Only​

As part of your Comprehensive (other than Collision) coverage, Tesla provides you with glass coverage for the repair or replacement of any damaged glass, including the windshield, side windows and rear window.

Reactions: Lady and scionbox
Any idea on the glass coverage for tesla insurance? It doesn't say in the coverage shown on the app.

I heard something about this when I moved back to Minnesota. Auto glass covreage is required with no deductibles with comprehensive coverage. I assume you are going to get comprehensive coverage. - This is state requirement that applies to ALL insurance companies that underwrites auto policies in Minnesota

Here is what I found from the State.

Attachments

• MN Insurance.jpg
    MN Insurance.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 68
Anyone that’s traded in a car through Tesla, how was the experience? I’m considering trading in one of my cars, but worried that they’ll provide a lower number than what is quoted in the app once I get there. I have a 4 hour commute to get to the delivery center and don’t want to be stuck with a lower than expected offer.

Looks like they do - under claim types..

That was the first thing I confirmed with Farm Bureau.

I did have it at 100 deductible but figured $250 was OK as well. Maybe just a little paranoid about all that roof Glass :)

Reactions: erktrek
You’re lucky. My OD is 1/27. They push EDD to 04/18-5/23 and no VIN yet. I text SA for help, but no response from them. This is really frustrating
Hang on tight! See my signature and my previous posts on pushed EDD. They pushed mine out to late May the same day it was built in Austin. EDD’s don’t mean a thing until you get a VIN. I have same OD.

Reactions: maytaurustiger
Anyone that’s traded in a car through Tesla, how was the experience? I’m considering trading in one of my cars, but worried that they’ll provide a lower number than what is quoted in the app once I get there. I have a 4 hour commute to get to the delivery center and don’t want to be stuck with a lower than expected offer.
You can get a quote for a trade-in on the Tesla app

Teslas are a relatively rare sight in the sea of gasoline and diesel-powered full-size pickup trucks and SUVs in rural Northeast Texas where I live.

My county has just over 124,000 residents. There are only 225 EVs here - 32 of those are Model Ys. I saw two Model Ys this past week and both were white with 20" wheels - just like the one I ordered.

This report from 2009 states the manufacturing cost of an aluminum wheel was around $50 each. Size, complexity, and finish will obviously have some effect on this cost, but there shouldn't be a huge difference in cost between a Gemini wheel and an Induction wheel in terms of manufacturing cost. The 20" wheel has a bit more material and a different finish, but doesn't have the added cost of a plastic cover. If the Gemini wheels cost Tesla ~$75 each, the Induction wheels may cost about $80-85. There's nothing fundamentally unique about a Tesla wheel that would make it more expensive than any other aluminum wheel. Based on Model Y production, Tesla or their supplier(s) are making thousands of these wheels every day.

So, Tesla might pay $500 for set of 19" wheels and tires or $560 for a set of 20" wheels and tires, but they charge $2,000 for something that costs them $60 more making them hugely profitable.
Unless your an investor, you may not like the real Tesla margin per car.... It's an industry best at 9K per car according to this author. Tesla could afford to give substantial discounts in January to protect their marketshare. See the attached article Charted: Tesla’s Unrivaled Profit Margins

But between you and I, if we get the tax credit, it's still a good deal for us...

OD: 1/16
EDD3: April 5 - May 10

Yo! Good morning.

Why do posters not post the entire VIN number. What personal information are they protecting?

I spoke to a SA yesterday about charging cables/adapters. He stated that no cable or adapters come with the car. Is this true?

I am in the process of running a 60 amp line out to our detached garage. Do most people buy two charging cables keeping one in the garage and one in the trunk? Or when unplugging from the garage receptacle throwing it into the car for taht "just in case" one needs it?

Thanks in advance for the info/advice.
Go to cars.com or any car selling website (including dealership) where they post the full VIN. Or find the VIN of your own car.

Try to google the VIN or google VIN lookup website to load the VIN you obtained. You may find out what personal or information it reveals.

Reactions: Yomanjm
So, how difficult is it to get a 100 score? What factors are most important? I have been doing a 90 day deal with Travelers and I am doing well in all categories except for acceleration. I drive a 2015 pilot and I literally have been going as slow as I can off of stop signs etc. And it doesn't matter. My overall score is still fine but wondering how Tesla does it.

It can be hard to get a 100 the first month, until you learn what dings the most. Tailgating and slamming on the brakes for a yellow light are the ones to be careful of. Acceleration doesn't count against you. You can floor it all you want.