Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One cool thing with Tesla insurance is teenagers are are priced no different. We have a non Tesla car with 2 teenagers. Savings was huge versus State Farm.
That reminds me of a difference between Farmers Insurance group and Farm Bureau, if you own a muscle car and just wanting liability insurance.

Farmers Ins. What year and Model... OK
NEXT engine over 400 cubes? Yes. Cha-ching,
4 speed? yes Cha-ching, Tach? yes Cha-ching positraction? yes Cha-ching.
Oh OH I can see where this is Going...

Farm Bureau: what year and model of car... OK here is your quote. So a Geo Metro costs me the same as an Old muscle car, Sir? Yep.

Good By Farmers... Hello Farm Bureau.

The Only thing they needed on the MYP was the VIN and the sale price.

Reactions: scionbox
I picked up MYLR W/B/19" (base) earlier this week in Richmond, VA. Austin build (no matrix headlights or mud flaps). 4 miles on the odometer. Only issues were a loose rear view mirror which was quickly fixed and missing key cards which were replaced. No other issues - looked good!
Strange thing is it was built in January with the pre-price drop sticker price and a state inspection sticker also from January (my order date was 1/21). Not sure why an early January build (and VA inspected in January) was delivered in March?? I'm not complaining too much - I really enjoy it.

Hi, in terms of charging cable, your SA is correct - none is provided except for a J1772 adaptor that will help if you want to use a non-Tesla charging station. As for my case, I did order a wall connector and a mobile connector (Tesla used to provide the mobile connector with new vehicles, but no more!).
thank you for the answer/information. My friend that bought in 2019 received one with the car. 😞

Reactions: greenearth2129
I can't think of any reason why not to give the whole vin or at least up to the last 2-3 numbers... Once they're registered in the buyers home state, and address and other personal info can be found by a VIN lookup (just like a registration check). THey use VIN lookups for stolen vehicles with stolen plates. (former state LEO here)

No charging cables come with it anymore. I believe that changed some time in 2022. Their reasoning was supposedly Elon said very few people use them. I bought the mobile one to keep in the car for emergency/travel. And bought the wall charger and wired that up in the carport.
thank you for the answer/information

I found a car in local inventory with my exact configuration. I purchased it and then went in person to the local SC where they switched the inventory car to my initial order. I was able to keep my original pricing (minus the $250).

New/final EDD: Mar 22 - 29

Local inventory location meant the car has been built and slated to travel but not actually here yet. So unless there’s severe weather or something else that causes a delay, should be good to go.

My original EDD was still showing Mar 11 - 31 and no VIN had been assigned at the time the SA made the switch.
What’s the chances of any severe weather in MSP this time of year?! 😆 Good luck and enjoy the new car. I had successfully done the same as you with inventory keeping the same price.

Anyone that’s traded in a car through Tesla, how was the experience? I’m considering trading in one of my cars, but worried that they’ll provide a lower number than what is quoted in the app once I get there. I have a 4 hour commute to get to the delivery center and don’t want to be stuck with a lower than expected offer.
The trade-in offer through the app once you accept is final until it’s expiration. As long as you take delivery and bring your trade-in that day before the offer expires then it will not change. Barring any weird exception such as the car you bring does not match the info/photos you provided. Such as missing your driver door, quoted a sedan and you bring a tractor, etc.

The trade-in offer through the app once you accept is final until it’s expiration. As long as you take delivery and bring your trade-in that day before the offer expires then it will not change. Barring any weird exception such as the car you bring does not match the info/photos you provided. Such as missing your driver door, quoted a sedan and you bring a tractor, etc.
Thanks, that makes me feel a little better! I’m still waiting on a new offer from Tesla as I canceled the old one a few weeks back. If it’s close to the KBB instant cash offer I received, I’ll just go through Tesla. Otherwise I’ll likely sell the car beforehand.

Reactions: chobra
Anyone that’s traded in a car through Tesla, how was the experience? I’m considering trading in one of my cars, but worried that they’ll provide a lower number than what is quoted in the app once I get there. I have a 4 hour commute to get to the delivery center and don’t want to be stuck with a lower than expected offer.
I was worried about this as well but they paid me exactly what the offer was in the app. The only thing they looked at was the odometer, nothing else. Car condition was average to below average in most areas.

Reactions: chobra
I picked up my red/black MYP this morning. Everything went smoothly and the car is perfect. I have to say this new comfort suspension is night and day better than what came on my wife’s blue MYLR back in June of last year. We replaced the suspension on that one with Redwood’s GT Ohlins setup. I’m almost ready to say I prefer the OEM MYP suspension over the Ohlins. But I want to get a few more miles on it before I announce that judgment. I was sure I’d want to at least replace the 21” Uberturbines with something smaller, but now I’m thinking there’s no need.
I would like a little more sidewall bulge to protect the rims. Maybe 265/40 in front and 295/40 in the rear.
Everything I've read states that the comfort suspension was not installed in the MYP since it has different suspension components and tuning. In any case, it's good to hear how satisfied you are with your new MYP.

Last edited:
Everything I've read states that the comfort suspension was not installed in the MYP since it has different suspension components and tuning. In any case, it's good to hear how satisfied you are with your new MYP.
I don’t know what to tell ya. All I know is my MYP rides a lot better than I expected, or experienced in the older Model Ys.

Wow, that's a great price for the other 3. I have 14' Prius and 21' Bolt for less than $600 half year. Can't believe Tesla would cost an additional $1,100 for a year.
I know on the other 3 it was a great price. This was doing the driving monitoring for 90 days to get a discount. Can't imagine what they would charge without that discount. I think I'm going to try tesla insurance for a couple months and see how it goes. I did notice that tesla has a $1k deductible and my traveler's has a $500 deductible. I need to also confirm tesla insurance glass coverage.

Reactions: scionbox
So glad this worked for you. My problem was that I had switched to the AWD version when my delivery date was changed to April/may. So, I had to eat the new price even though it was my original configuration. So frustrating. What SC did you go to?
I went to the Eden Prairie one. I had also been communicating with my SA prior to purchasing the inventory car about my configs showing up in local inventory so it wasn’t a surprised to him when I bought the second inventory car.

Reactions: scionbox and Tcorn