Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So no VIN this morning.. but another "accelerated delivery" section appeared and as usual with no cars matching my desired config and definitely at a higher cost. Wonder why this should be showing up if delivery is around the corner?

(answer: EDDs change all the time so delivery may in fact NOT be around the corner)

:rolleyes:

edit: to be slightly less snarky, with accelerated delivery I could probably have a vehicle within a week or so as opposed to 2-4 weeks if the EDD holds. Willing to wait for my desired config and price.

And another "accelerated delivery" popped up again after the earlier one went away. This attempt at upselling is getting annoying - both vehicles that are supposedly of "similar config" are listed at $7500 and $8000 MORE than my order, are seven seaters, have 20" wheels, no tow hitch and one is a different color. Nice comparison metrics they got working. 🤬

• Funny
Reactions: BailMY and slyderz3
Scheduled to pick up a MYP in white on the 17th. I should have checked the calendar and did not realize it 's St Patrick's day.
I will wear some Green.

MYLR W/W no options OD 1/18 EDD moved around then pushed out to mid May.
Switched order to White model Y Performance and received a VIN and then delivery date.

Last edited:
Reactions: xxxadixxx
Hey gang, I got to see my new MYLR today and they agreed to deliver a day early (tomorrow). Also for those in AZ a truck load of new Teslas was delivered Sunday in Tucson and another truck seen today full of Teslas with maybe more for tucson and some for Phoenix too perhaps. I took a ton of pics and videos as many suggest. One minor paint blem found on lower front passenger door but other than that, it looks great. Panel gaps look fine to me. Didn't get to do more than peek inside as it's not mine yet... but there was a tech there preparing to get mine ready for tomorrow. Actually followed him off the lot (he was driving my car) to a hand car wash a couple hundred yards down the road. My credit union wired their part today (Tesla needed "proof" of that in the wire receipt the CU received).

Now I can reclaim my carport shed which is chock full of floor mats, cargo mats, trunk/frunk mats, screen protector and a host of other goodies. Quite a contrast to a week ago today when I awoke to a "new" EDD of 4/16-5/21, only to have that changed hours later with the receipt of my VIN. They down played that big time today! Hope you all get good news soon! Here's a pic I captured today. It was really cool to walk up and find that VIN!
IMG_1945.jpeg

And another "accelerated delivery" popped up again after the earlier one went away. This attempt at upselling is getting annoying - both vehicles that are supposedly of "similar config" are listed at $7500 and $8000 MORE than my order, are seven seaters, have 20" wheels, no tow hitch and one is a different color. Nice comparison metrics they got working. 🤬
I think it might automatically show up when there's a good amount of vehicles in existing inventory for your model (not configs). My OD was 1/13 with the EDD being 1/22 - 2/19 and it also showed the "Accelerated Delivery Available" since there were quite a few vehicles in existing inventory.

Reactions: erktrek
td;dr: Might have to forfeit current VIN. Anyone have insight on VIN reassignment timeline? Will I be placed at the end of the queue (April-June delivery) or will I be reassigned the next available VIN that matches my configuration?

Context: EDD was between 3/19-3/25. I got a text yesterday, 3/13, evening saying that the car is ready and prompting me to arrange pickup. Got another text this morning saying that if I don't schedule pickup by tomorrow the VIN is being reassigned. I'm away at the moment and can't make their 3-day window. Local store rep isn't willing to put a hold on it or even honor the EDD window I had planned around.

I'm pretty annoyed about the situation. Looks like I'm going to lose this VIN, potentially lose out on the tax credit, and potentially lose out on the low interest rate financing I had secured. They should at least respect the EDD...
When is your order date?

I think it might automatically show up when there's a good amount of vehicles in existing inventory for your model (not configs). My OD was 1/13 with the EDD being 1/22 - 2/19 and it also showed the "Accelerated Delivery Available" since there were quite a few vehicles in existing inventory.
Yeah agree however it's an example of how not focused on customer service they are - this could be so much more "tempting" if they simply matched most of what I'm getting and have only one thing different like 20" wheels or no tow hitch or maybe just a different color. Items like Autopilot, FSD and 7 Seaters are too much of a difference. They could have a "check inventory button" always present somewhere on the page for general perusal but the "Accelerated Delivery Available" popup should be reserved for closer matches otherwise it's an annoying distraction.

Also the fact that they are popping up close to the start of the EDD is kind of irksome as well, why do this? Not going to suddenly switch if I am anticipating a delivery soonish unless the system knows something I do not. There should be an EDD range check as well.

I love the idea of a Tesla EV (and Tesla's "mission") so these are just minor quibbles in the scheme of things.

Reactions: Tcorn
td;dr: Might have to forfeit current VIN. Anyone have insight on VIN reassignment timeline? Will I be placed at the end of the queue (April-June delivery) or will I be reassigned the next available VIN that matches my configuration?

Context: EDD was between 3/19-3/25. I got a text yesterday, 3/13, evening saying that the car is ready and prompting me to arrange pickup. Got another text this morning saying that if I don't schedule pickup by tomorrow the VIN is being reassigned. I'm away at the moment and can't make their 3-day window. Local store rep isn't willing to put a hold on it or even honor the EDD window I had planned around.

I'm pretty annoyed about the situation. Looks like I'm going to lose this VIN, potentially lose out on the tax credit, and potentially lose out on the low interest rate financing I had secured. They should at least respect the EDD...
Respect the EDD? It's an estimate and Tesla more than kept their end of the bargain by delivering earlier. I get that it's not convenient for your schedule, but there are many people who would love to be in your position.

Where are you able to see accelerated delivery? Sorry, I’m kinda new to this whole thing. Thanks.

Where are you able to see accelerated delivery? Sorry, I’m kinda new to this whole thing. Thanks.
When logged into your Tesla account, on the manage page a link may be displayed that is titled "Accelerate Delivery" or something like that. If units are currently or 'soon-to-be' available, i.e., not assigned to a RN, and somewhat match your configuration, you can review the units available and select one of them. However, I think you must pay current pricing as indicated. I've heard conflicting reports on this. Anyway, proceed with caution.

I share @erktrek 's annoyance they don't represent a good trade-off due to the price difference that I would have to pay to take that other unit.

Hey, I’ve been lurking for the past week or so, checking the Tesla app every few hours it feels like lol. Had a question about finding a car on waiting for Tesla. I have the discord notifications going. If a car is found, do I have to purchase another $250 to reserve it then call the delivery center to move it to my current order? Wondering how you all have handled that.

My order info is:
MY5LR W/B/19” - basic build
OD: 1/24 (1/23 at night technically)
EED: Feb-March
EED2: Mar 6-31
EDD3: March 9-31
EDD4: March 28-31

Still no VIN or anything from them since the email about trading in a car.
Best bet is to spend the $250. There inventory cars go so fast changes of getting ahold of someone at Tesla before it sells is pretty slim. I spent the extra $250 and consider it an expedited shipping charge. I had been messaging my SA about inventory cars and then when one popped up with my config and I bought it, it wasn’t surprise. They were then able to transfer the inventory car to my original order so I could keep my original pricing. Inventory car matched my config EXACTLY.

Respect the EDD? It's an estimate and Tesla more than kept their end of the bargain by delivering earlier. I get that it's not convenient for your schedule, but there are many people who would love to be in your position.

No. Tesla moves their dates all around and then expects people to rearrange their lives or lose their car. They have the power to do it right now but that doesn't make it right or good.

Best bet is to spend the $250. There inventory cars go so fast changes of getting ahold of someone at Tesla before it sells is pretty slim. I spent the extra $250 and consider it an expedited shipping charge. I had been messaging my SA about inventory cars and then when one popped up with my config and I bought it, it wasn’t surprise. They were then able to transfer the inventory car to my original order so I could keep my original pricing. Inventory car matched my config EXACTLY.
It doesn’t make sense that Tesla doesn’t assign that to your order automatically.

Today, I have received a message to complete my financing details. Do we have to update them to receive a VIN or we can do it after we get the VIN as well?
Does it impact delivery if not complete before a VIN is assigned?
I got the same message today as well and I'm in Seattle too. Let's hope that means we are getting closer.
I filled out my loan info just in case that does speed things up.