Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've read a few reports where people said this happened right before they got their delivery date.

I've also read at least one report where the VIN disappeared and didn't come back - possibly because the vehicle was damaged or destroyed in transit.

I truly hope its the former. On hold trying to connect with them. On the account they also have "Accelerated Delivery Available" option where they are trying to upsell me by 3-4K.

Hey, I’ve been lurking for the past week or so, checking the Tesla app every few hours it feels like lol. Had a question about finding a car on waiting for Tesla. I have the discord notifications going. If a car is found, do I have to purchase another $250 to reserve it then call the delivery center to move it to my current order? Wondering how you all have handled that.

My order info is:
MY5LR W/B/19” - basic build
OD: 1/24 (1/23 at night technically)
EED: Feb-March
EED2: Mar 6-31
EDD3: March 9-31
EDD4: March 28-31

Still no VIN or anything from them since the email about trading in a car.
The timing on this today lol. Just when I told myself to stop checking the app every hour, and only checked it this morning then about 30 minutes ago, I got my VIN! Oddly enough, still don't have any text or email about the VIN, but shows up in the app and on the 'Manage' link.

Hopefully other Central FL folks are getting their VINs tonight.

New EDD: March 22-26
Had to accept the Tesla Vision thing in the app and now have the option to submit insurance information. On the phone with Progressive right now.

CS is looking into it, but while I'm on hold I noticed it got added back both in the app and the account.
That IS interesting.. hard to shake the idea that they are trying to push vehicles they want to unload for more profit before fulfilling our orders. At least you have a VIN no matter how elusive it seems to be.

edit: no changes yet on our account, hopefully the 3 inventory cars will move soon and not hold up things.

Reactions: James2023y
So this isn't the end of it. The CS agent on the phone informed me that the vehicle was damaged and was likely a major damage and its not going to come to Colorado Springs anytime soon if at all. So its essentially gone. He had nothing of a similar configuration he could offer. Will call me tomorrow but I guess its not going to work out since there's nothing on Waiting For Tesla either in my five seat LR or Performance configuration. Meanwhile, the buyer of my car is supposed to come and pick it up tomorrow so I have to decide whether I cancel selling my vehicle.

So this isn't the end of it. The CS agent on the phone informed me that the vehicle was damaged and was likely a major damage and its not going to come to Colorado Springs anytime soon if at all. So its essentially gone. He had nothing of a similar configuration he could offer. Will call tomorrow but I guess its not going to work out since there's nothing on Waiting For Tesla either in my five seat LR or Performance configuration. Meanwhile, the buyer of my car is supposed to come and pick it up tomorrow.
Aww crap that's awful... sorry to hear. Seems like Tesla should prioritize your replacement ASAP at least they should if they currently cared about customer service and doing the right thing but that's just not their focus right now. 😞

Aww crap that's awful... sorry to hear. Seems like Tesla should prioritize your replacement ASAP at least they should if they currently cared about customer service and doing the right thing but that's just not their focus right now it seems. 😞

I have no hope that they will go out of the way to help me. The VIN is still showing in the app and the account but the agent on the phone confirmed the situation with the damage so unless they say that this was in error I don't know what will happen. He did say he will call back tomorrow with options but again given Tesla's lack of customer service, I don't expect much.

I have no hope that they will go out of the way to help me. The VIN is still showing in the app and the account but the agent on the phone confirmed the situation with the damage so unless they say that this was in error I don't know what will happen. He did say he will call back tomorrow with options but again given Tesla's lack of customer service, I don't expect much.
Let us know how it works out.

I want to say that I don't mean to denigrate the many awesome folks who work at Tesla - they just seem constrained by the hyper-focused and frenetic culture there. I hope something can be done.

Reactions: Vomhorizon
The timing on this today lol. Just when I told myself to stop checking the app every hour, and only checked it this morning then about 30 minutes ago, I got my VIN! Oddly enough, still don't have any text or email about the VIN, but shows up in the app and on the 'Manage' link.

Hopefully other Central FL folks are getting their VINs tonight.

New EDD: March 22-26
Had to accept the Tesla Vision thing in the app and now have the option to submit insurance information. On the phone with Progressive right now.
Congrats... trust it is an Austin VIN, given your location and the new EDD?

Let us know how it works out.
I ended up matching to a White MYLR with induction rims. $2k less than my current configuration but the vehicle is currently at the SC in Colorado Springs so hopefully not a reject but at this point I'm willing to roll the dice and fly there to check it out. If I have to reject it..I have to reject it..but I am going to take that risk and sell my vehicle tomorrow. I am still not 100% convinced that my Red MYLR was actually damaged since the VIN popped back up while I was on hold and that would not have happened, one would assume, if the vehicle was damaged. I will try to see if I can get them to switch me back if it turns out that it wasn't damaged.

Looks like it turned out okay for me. In the worst case I'll probably be able to get the vehicle sooner and not risk the tax credit and will save $2K over what I was paying for the vehicle that was supposedly damaged in transit..But it was the red that I really wanted :(

Last edited:
Any movement in AZ?

W/B MYP no updates since OD of 2/5. EDD 3/18-3/31 and that's right around the corner but no VIN yet.
I ordered on 1/18 and another participant on this board ordered on 1/16 and neither of us have a VIN yet. As you can see my EDD got pushed out to Q2 a week ago.

OD of 2/5 is quite late, but one never knows. I had edited my order to MYP with no options. It made no difference in my EDD. It's almost as if Tesla said 'screw Arizona, we don't care about that market'.

So this isn't the end of it. The CS agent on the phone informed me that the vehicle was damaged and was likely a major damage and its not going to come to Colorado Springs anytime soon if at all. So its essentially gone. He had nothing of a similar configuration he could offer. Will call me tomorrow but I guess its not going to work out since there's nothing on Waiting For Tesla either in my five seat LR or Performance configuration. Meanwhile, the buyer of my car is supposed to come and pick it up tomorrow so I have to decide whether I cancel selling my vehicle.
There is a MYLR Red/Black/19 showing in Denver inventory right now. If it is on ground, I would try to take it if I were in your place.

There is a MYLR Red/Black/19 showing in Denver inventory right now. If it is on ground, I would try to take it if I were in your place.
I saw that and when I was on the phone, the person told me that he could not confirm that I would be able to pick it up before 3/31 since he was seeing a tentative arrival into market of around 3/26-29. His recommendation was to go for a vehicle that was either in transit (like the one I had which was damaged) or one that was already there if receiving it in March was important to me.

Reactions: geekfam
I saw that and when I was on the phone, the person told me that he could not confirm that I would be able to pick it up before 3/31 since he was seeing a tentative arrival into market of around 3/26-29. His recommendation was to go for a vehicle that was either in transit (like the one I had which was damaged) or one that was already there if receiving it in March was important to me.
White looks nice and bright in the sun. and u save $2000 that u can spend on PPF/ceramic coating/accessories. Best value for money :D

Reactions: starise and Tcorn