Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone check
Screenshot_20230316_221436_Chrome.jpg
the IRS website for ev tax credit. Looks like they increased the time till 2032. Can someone look and let me know if I am looking at wrong?

Starting to get a little antsy here. I see some with NJ deliveries who ordered day before me getting VINs. I know that Blue is probably not the most popular color but thought I would get an update and still hoping for one due to the quarter end push.

Holding out hope that I get an updated EDD and a VIN in the next couple of weeks.
Blue checking in here with an OD a day before you. Hopefully soon on a VIN.

Welp. Was supposed to take delivery today. Just got a call saying car has charging issues and needs to be diagnosed. Will get a call tomorrow for the results. Not off to a great start. At least they found it before we took delivery and had to deal with it after the fact. What can you do…. 😭☹️😩
Update on the diagnosis. SA said one of the HV battery packs was not plugged in. Car is fixed now and everything is good to go. Does this happen often out of the factory?🤔 🤔 This will be my wife’s car and if the car dies while she’s driving I don’t think she’s ever gonna drive again 😂😂

I am MSM and have same EDD no vin. OD was 1/25. Will see if they can push these cars out in time. Would really love to get a Vin or some sign that this latest set of EDD is real. I have some ducks I need to get in their proper line. :)
2nd person with OD just before mine who had their EDD moved up on 3/12. My OD is 1/29 but agreement shows as 1/30. Maybe I am just a week behind because of that?

You have the tow hitch and that may be helping you. Cannot believe one day sooner and your EDD is the next couple of weeks and mine is late April at the earliest.
Just updated my sig to add in my other EDD (4/15 - 5/31) which came right after the 3/20 - 3/31.. talk about a let down. What I'm saying is your EDD still might shift lower like mine (and a few others) did but for now it looks like 2nd Quarter production.

2nd person with OD just before mine who had their EDD moved up on 3/12. My OD is 1/29 but agreement shows as 1/30. Maybe I am just a week behind because of that?
Don't want to discourage you but you don't have the "tow" like me. People around and after my OD with tow have been pulled in to March, and mine got pushed out. I'm talking about far east region. It's just a trend that I saw here and on reddit. Once they clear this quarterly backlog, they should be on to us. Either that, or we get lucky with a few cancellations and get VINs assigned. I have seen a few April-May EDDs get VIN assigned out of the blue. Fingers crossed!

Don't want to discourage you but you don't have the "tow" like me. People around and after my OD with tow have been pulled in to March, and mine got pushed out. I'm talking about far east region. It's just a trend that I saw here and on reddit. Once they clear this quarterly backlog, they should be on to us. Either that, or we get luck with a few cancellations and get VINs assigned. I have seen a few April-May EDDs get VIN assigned out of the blue. Fingers crossed!
Yes, fingers crossed. Do they have that many tow hitches sitting around? LOL! I have no need or want for a tow hitch.

The one guy above does not appear to have a tow hitch so there is hope right?

Hi Please review if my analysis is correct.
I place order on Jan 8th along with couple of friends. I placed order for basic model Y with white interior, My friend ordered 7 seater with white interior same city same zip code. His vehicle got delivered Feb 24th. Mine initially was allocated Feb 3 to 17 then changed to Feb 19 to Mar 19 and then now mar 23 to Mar 31. I have enquired with other people who got deliveries and who placed order 1 week after us. I was wondering what is the logic. then I gathered some data. Please who spent more money like color/7 seater/Autopilot/FSD got priority in the delivery. And further analysis showed me even worst results - People who had Tesla loan and Trade-in got priority as well. At this point you may think I am wrong, basically some people who had basic config also got deliveries in short, these people are nothing but cancellations from later 2 years reservation. Some areas which has less orders also got prioritized to put more cars on the road so that they can show presence and lure people to Tesla.

So basically what I am trying say is that, Tesla wont care Customer instead they look at your pocket. They do false promises which they never keep and hide things out. Being a Technical Car company, they should know exactly how orders placed vs delivered. Simple kids math instead they divide that in to different categories to make money.

I am waiting for my order and wish you good luck for yours...

It is just your first lesson. You will learn more once you receive the car. Just a hype. Tesla ships its products without quality control. Too many defects and take long time to get an appointment for fixing the defects. Their service representative is terrible and big lie. Do you see the bump paint color is totally different to the rest of the car? He told me it is fine to him. I came to the Tesla service center in Trade street, San Diego, CA.

Attachments

• 52B919DB-C295-4ADA-A5A8-9E7E5AE83E1A.jpeg
    52B919DB-C295-4ADA-A5A8-9E7E5AE83E1A.jpeg
    386.9 KB · Views: 69
Still seeing several W/B 19" LR in Austin over the past week. I called on 02/25 and they said I could have it matched to my account, but I would have to pick it up in Austin. I decided it wasn't worth a trip out and on 02/28, I changed my order from W/B/19" LR to W/W/19" LR, keeping the same pricing from when I originally ordered (01/26). Still shows an EDD of 03/10 - 03/31, but I've come to terms that I will most likely get my order after March. 🥹
I saw an inventory B/W/20"/5 and S/W/20"/5 and decided to get either one. By the time I got ahold of the Austin service center, the blue was gone so I got the silver instead. Was on hold for like 20 minutes and then the rep was able to match it to my account, keeping the same order price from January. Sucks that I spent money to "save money" but I am glad that I no longer have to stress about the vehicle.

OD: 1/25 W/B/19"/5 EDD: 03/04-03/31
OD2: 2/28 W/W/19"/5 EDD 03/10-03/31 then 04/04-05/09
Matched 03/17 with S/W/20"/5