Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you looked at waitingfortesla.com? I think some DE & MDers got screwed a day or so ago with their EDDs as well, though the orders were not inventory orders.

It's ridiculous - Tesla should just have said in late Jan that orders placed would be fulfilled in June and then got rid of the EDD all together. I realize in a few years ago people had to wait like 6 months to a year to get theirs but I thought this had changed thanks to the awesome power of the Gigafactory..

🤬
I agree this is ridiculous. I remember when we did our demo drive the SA told us to put the reservation in as he felt (maybe he knew) the delivery date was going to be pushed from (Feb-March) out later within a few days. We made the reservation the next night and later that week the delivery dates were pushed. I still got mine for end of March but then the Valentine's Day Massacre happened. :(

Reactions: erktrek
OD: 1/13. EDD46: Mar 22-28. After being inside three different delivery windows and having to cancel three different trips, the torture MAY end soon. Got VIN yesterday. Pickup will be at Fremont.

The Tesla App now reads, "Make Your Final Payment - Pay remaining balance now to avoid delays in delivery." Of course, Tesla wants me to pay now but I plan to pay via certified check after inspection and acceptance of the car. But given how they jerked me through 46 EDD changes I'm a little concerned they'll prioritize other buyers paying electronically.

Who here has paid by certified check? Who by electronic transfer using the Tesla App?

OD: 1/13. EDD46: Mar 22-28. After being inside three different delivery windows and having to cancel three different trips, the torture MAY end soon. Got VIN yesterday. Pickup will be at Fremont.

The Tesla App now reads, "Make Your Final Payment - Pay remaining balance now to avoid delays in delivery." Of course, Tesla wants me to pay now but I plan to pay via certified check after inspection and acceptance of the car. But given how they jerked me through 46 EDD changes I'm a little concerned they'll prioritize other buyers paying electronically.

Who here has paid by certified check? Who by electronic transfer using the Tesla App?
You just don't tell them how you're going to pay. You can always setup plaid payment on the day of delivery. I plan to do so, and get my certified check only a day in advance.

Does anyone have experience of delegating car pick up to friend. Does Tesla allow that if I do all tasks/ payment remotely? i have a business travel planned which can not be moved. I asked this question in chat but did not receive any response from Tesla rep. 😒

Does anyone have experience of delegating car pick up to friend. Does Tesla allow that if I do all tasks/ payment remotely? i have a business travel planned which can not be moved. I asked this question in chat but did not receive any response from Tesla rep. 😒

From the Account Page:

Who must be present at delivery?
All persons listed on the registration must be present to sign at delivery. If you are trading in a vehicle, all registered owners must be present.
Unless you have someone with Power of Attorney I guess.

Reactions: davewill
Fanboy: The certified check vs. plaid is a bit of risk mitigation? (system down/connectivity, easier to inspect first, etc)??? Sounds like an interesting idea I hadnt considered...
I had my credit union wire their small payment a day ahead of delivery. Tesla wanted the wire confirmation number from that. I thought about plaid, but picked up the $50K proceeds from my truck sale and got a certified Chase bank check and paid on delivery day. Within 2 minutes of giving the girl the check and accepting delivery, my checklist went away and my Tesla appeared in my app instead.