Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP
Red/Black/hitch
OD: 02/06/2023
Profile Completion: 2/7/23
EDD: Feb-Mar
EDD1: Mar 15-Mar 31
EDD2 2/28 - Mar 18-31
EDD 3 3/19-April 7-May 5
3/20 Found car online, reserved and have VIN

OMG. These people are crazy. After getting several MYLR W/W 7 seater accelerated delivery options I found my exact configuration in Dallas. I am in Austin. I plunked down the $250 for the privilege to get that car and contacted Tesla to change it to my original order. The upcharge of $1k is gone and they agreed with my original price. They would not budge on the $250. The website clearly states this is non refundable and non transferable. They couldn’t answer they the VIN car wasn’t part of my accelerated delivery option. Money hungry screw anyone over attitude.

Now I have to figure out how to get to Dallas as they won’t move the car… WTH! I know this should be an easier transaction but still feel like I’m being screwed. Now I have to list everything possible wrong at delivery because it is well over 100 miles back to Austin.

MYP
Red/Black/hitch
EDD2 2/28 - Mar 18-31
EDD 3 3/19-April 7-May 5

OMG. These people are crazy. After getting several MYLR W/W 7 seater accelerated delivery options I found my exact configuration in Dallas. I am in Austin. I plunked down the $250 for the privilege to get that car and contacted Tesla to change it to my original order. The upcharge of $1k is gone and they agreed with my original price. They would not budge on the $250. The website clearly states this is non refundable and non transferable. They couldn’t answer they the VIN car wasn’t part of my accelerated delivery option. Money hungry screw anyone over attitude.

Now I have to figure out how to get to Dallas as they won’t move the car… WTH! I know this should be an easier transaction but still feel like I’m being screwed. Now I have to list everything possible wrong at delivery because it is well over 100 miles back to Austin.
There are some online checklists you can print out.. also TMC has one too but not sure how old it is.

MYP
Red/Black/hitch
EDD2 2/28 - Mar 18-31
EDD 3 3/19-April 7-May 5

Tesla in Minnesota twin cities area also serve customers from Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota. Someone from Iowa drove 2 hours (more than 100 miles) to pick up the car last Saturday. We also have people arranged the delivery via courier to ND which is 4 hours away.

Tesla charge tranportation fees $500-$2000 for their inventory cars. If they won't move the car, do they give you an option to arrange the delivery via carrier? Maybe you don't want to do the carrier delivery but that should be an option at least.

The Tesla App now reads, "Make Your Final Payment - Pay remaining balance now to avoid delays in delivery." Of course, Tesla wants me to pay now but I plan to pay via certified check after inspection and acceptance of the car. But given how they jerked me through 46 EDD changes I'm a little concerned they'll prioritize other buyers paying electronically.

Who here has paid by certified check? Who by electronic transfer using the Tesla App?
See my reply 9960 to PapaGeo on payment. Don't sweat the app saying "make final payment now". Delivery day with bank check works fine. I did text that's how I'd be paying to my SA so they'd know.

MYP
Red/Black/hitch
EDD2 2/28 - Mar 18-31
EDD 3 3/19-April 7-May 5

Interesting when i talked to Tesla CS and also chat, they said they cannot honor the original price i locked in 2 months ago and i have to pay the current price.

Finally got VIN yesterday! OD:1/21. MYLR/MSM/19”/basic. Did not want to spend $2-$4k more to speed up delivery. Just HODL till the end, lol.

Hang in there everyone, and you should get through this delivery hell soon!
I am sure many people will see a surprise movement (improvement) in the next few days as the quarter end is here.

See my reply 9960 to PapaGeo on payment. Don't sweat the app saying "make final payment now". Delivery day with bank check works fine. I did text that's how I'd be paying to my SA so they'd know.

On a somewhat related note - I've got the trade-in and financing items finalized in the app - but not the insurance item as it doesn't make any sense to me to add the vehicle to insurance until the day of delivery (why pay for something we don't actually own yet). Does this in any way delay delivery if we don't complete this step in the app prior to getting an updated EDD? I already have a VIN effective 3/24/2023.

I had my credit union wire their small payment a day ahead of delivery. Tesla wanted the wire confirmation number from that. I thought about plaid, but picked up the $50K proceeds from my truck sale and got a certified Chase bank check and paid on delivery day. Within 2 minutes of giving the girl the check and accepting delivery, my checklist went away and my Tesla appeared in my app instead.
I may apparently do that as well. Use the 40K from the sale of my 4 series, put in the extra and get the check a day in advance or so.

Reactions: Mainuh
Fanboy: The certified check vs. plaid is a bit of risk mitigation? (system down/connectivity, easier to inspect first, etc)??? Sounds like an interesting idea I hadnt considered...
When are you picking up? If it's a weekend, don't risk it. If not, you can always try the plaid that day, and if it doesn't work go to your bank and get the check. Good luck!!!

Reactions: PapaGeo
I tried texting my SA about the sudden EDD bump and got an automated response:
1679331941442.png

MYP
Red/Black/hitch
EDD2 2/28 - Mar 18-31
EDD 3 3/19-April 7-May 5

Updated app and delivery day scheduled for 3/27 in Austin. They decided to move it after all. Still make me think this was my car destined for me but they kept trying to push the WW 7 seaters. Now I can take my time on the delivery day checklist. Funny thing is I bought a VW Passat TDI back in 2015 and have a plastic gap tool they left in the car. I’ve been saving that thing for this occasion. Going to see how the gaps are with the tool. I hope I am pleasantly surprised. Everything that has happened to date has me being skeptical. I’ll try to be more optimistic. Might have to dispute the $250 charge just for the principality of the shituation.

Update received today via text and email.
MYLR MSM/Black /19"/ 5 seat / tow hitch - Dublin,CA

3/19 at 4:32pm VIN assigned PA087 (Austin)
DD : 3/22

Checking via SMS to get manufacturing date.

I was provided in the scheduler 3 dates to choose this week, 3/22-24. Opted for 1st date and time. It's been great being able to read the experiences from the community. Hoping for excellent delivery and build. I'll provide feedback later this week.
Wishing you all speedy communications from Tesla as well.
Has anyone else with MYLR in Bay Area gotten an Austin build? This is kind of roundabout logistically given the proximity of Dublin to Fremont. What about VIN sequence, do you think PA087 is recent? Not sure if this car was declined by someone during deliver or cancelled and thus I got lucky. It's not like I received my VIN while this car was in manufacturing process. When you browse Waiting for Tesla for a prospective car model and look at date history, it is interesting to see date available / not available for each car. I have not received a response back to share yet on build/manufacture date. It would be great to hear from an insider that could share what really goes on with build timing vs $$, EDD, and VIN assignment

Well I was certainly surprised today... which caused a different kind of movement. 🤣
Sorry to hear that and I am glad that you keep the good spirit. Until the last couple of days, there should still be hope.

For myself, I felt much relieved when I kinda gave up on half of the EV credits when I swithed to MYP. My delivery date this week does not increase my hope much until I complete my pick up.

Has anyone else with MYLR in Bay Area gotten an Austin build? This is kind of roundabout logistically given the proximity of Dublin to Fremont. What about VIN sequence, do you think PA087 is recent? Not sure if this car was declined by someone during deliver or cancelled and thus I got lucky. It's not like I received my VIN while this car was in manufacturing process. When you browse Waiting for Tesla for a prospective car model and look at date history, it is interesting to see date available / not available for each car. I have not received a response back to share yet on build/manufacture date. It would be great to hear from an insider that could share what really goes on with build timing vs $$, EDD, and VIN assignment
I have seen people taking delivery of Austin built in California. I don't recall if it was in the Bay Area or LA. To me, Tesla's logistics are a mystery.