Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR W/B/19 in/5 seat no add on - OD: 1/17. I recite a text from 510 saying expected to receive VIN this month. Today I received this text. The weirdest thing is it let me schedule a Sunday appt Mar 26. I’m an hour from Fremont but they send me to Gilroy to pick up. so Bay Area ppl get ready they might want you to get down and pick up your cars the next couple days or so
View attachment 921113
Hi bk2023,
Two questions:

1) When did you receive the "expect to receive VIN this month." text and
2) how many days after this did you get the appointment text?

Thanks in advance,

I feel like we

And yet again new EDD is Apr 9 - May 7...:(
I got Vin assigned and also delivery scheduled for March 31st at Princeton location. SA said they are extremely busy and no appointments available online so I texted and asked me to put me in any slot. He put me for March 31 at 4 PM tentatively.. Finger crossed 🤞 I get delivery that day before mo th ends...:)

Reactions: Skunis
We are a little stumped on how to proceed as the app is asking us for insurance before we can schedule a delivery date. Somewhat Catch-22 because it also says that insurance has to be in place "three days before Delivery Date." Hoping that the app just hasn't caught up, otherwise we will be on the phone with Tesla in the morning. Hang in there folks.
I had my carrier make up a temp card effective on the delivery date and sent it in about ten days before. They told me it's not a big deal, but they can't give you the car without some evidence that it is insured. At least in the PDRNJ.

Reactions: Wamoosh
Curious as to whether or not this is unusual: We got our VIN late last night (03/24/23). We got our text to schedule delivery this AM around 11, so ~16 hours after VIN assignment. Our pickup date is 03/29/23, only 5 days after VIN assignment. This very short window has us a little bit anxious about this vehicle being someone else's reject, particularly since we are in Texas and understood that an Austin-build had to leave the state before coming back for delivery. Thoughts?

Also, we see references to "build date" and people being able to track the movement of their vehicle on trucks/trains around the country (USA) prior to arrival at the delivery center. How do we get those pieces of information? And how the heck do we find our "Senior Advisor:? Do these actually exist anymore? Thanks all.
MYLR/White/Black/19"/no tow.

MYLR Blue / Hitch / 19s
OD: 1/22
Profile Completion:1/23
1/23 1st EDD Jan-Mar
1/26: 2nd EDD 3/12-3/31
2/14: 3rd EDD 3/27-3/31
2/22 4th EDD 3/25-3/31
2/28 5th EDD 3/20-3/31
3/7 6th EDD 3/17-3/31
3/17 EDD STILL 3/17-3/31
3/18 7th EDD 4/13-5/18
3/25 TEXT TO REAPPLY + 8th EDD 4/9-5/7
I'm thinking with them texting me to resubmit my financing application; combined with a new estimated delivery date, and the Tesla page looking slightly different; maybe they're serious about getting me a VIN soon now. (But I'm starting to sound like a broken record player at this point)

Curious as to whether or not this is unusual: We got our VIN late last night (03/24/23). We got our text to schedule delivery this AM around 11, so ~16 hours after VIN assignment. Our pickup date is 03/29/23, only 5 days after VIN assignment. This very short window has us a little bit anxious about this vehicle being someone else's reject, particularly since we are in Texas and understood that an Austin-build had to leave the state before coming back for delivery. Thoughts?

Also, we see references to "build date" and people being able to track the movement of their vehicle on trucks/trains around the country (USA) prior to arrival at the delivery center. How do we get those pieces of information? And how the heck do we find our "Senior Advisor:? Do these actually exist anymore? Thanks all.
MYLR/White/Black/19"/no tow.
Reply to the text that was sent to you for setting up your vehicle's delivery. Ask them for the vehicle's birth date and state your concerns re previous reject. A Sales Advisor should get back to you within a few hours.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about the short window between VIN assignment and delivery. Tesla is delivering as many units as possible to bolster EOQ results.

Are you sure your assigned vehicle was built in Austin? I thought Texas bound vehicles were built in Fremont in order to avoid round tripping them.

Reactions: Wamoosh
Finally stopped raining so I could take a picture of the Y I picked up on Thursday! 😃. Just Super Liner floor mats, Spigen screen protector, a can of Slime Rescue (fix a flat), and of course, the orange logo decals so far 😁
Meet Torangey…

Attachments

• D2862C4F-CA0D-4944-A082-897BE9E304C9.jpeg
    D2862C4F-CA0D-4944-A082-897BE9E304C9.jpeg
    621.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited: