Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ITS OVER !!!

OD 1/15/23
MYLR 5 WHT/Black / 19" Basic
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
01/17 - Approved Tesla (Wells Fargo) loan and done registration process
01/21 - Rcvd Wall charger
01/24 - Installed Wall charger
EDD2 - Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 - Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 - Mar 26 - Apr 15
EDD 5 - APR 15 - May 10
EDD 6 - APR 20 - May 25
Mar 19 - VIN Received (7SAY*****PF**)
EDD 7: Mar 20-Mar 27
Delivery Confirmed on March 22 at 3PM. Reached there 15 Min before and inspected the vehicle. Couldn’t find any single built quality issue. Most plastic parts are better than my Highlander and Rav4. Whole process completed in 10 min and drove around 1:30 hrs to home. We are super excited and enjoying the single pedal driving. Only missing part is USS/Tesla vision. Once, I planned to cancel the order and returned the wall charger. But you people encouraged and finally I received the VIN and quiet decent insurance plan from AllState. Thank you dears for the support and good work.

ITS OVER !!!

OD 1/15/23
MYLR 5 WHT/Black / 19" Basic
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
01/17 - Approved Tesla (Wells Fargo) loan and done registration process
01/21 - Rcvd Wall charger
01/24 - Installed Wall charger
EDD2 - Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 - Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 - Mar 26 - Apr 15
EDD 5 - APR 15 - May 10
EDD 6 - APR 20 - May 25
Mar 19 - VIN Received (7SAY*****PF**)
EDD 7: Mar 20-Mar 27
Delivery Confirmed on March 22 at 3PM. Reached there 15 Min before and inspected the vehicle. Couldn’t find any single built quality issue. Most plastic parts are better than my Highlander and Rav4. Whole process completed in 10 min and drove around 1:30 hrs to home. We are super excited and enjoying the single pedal driving. Only missing part is USS/Tesla vision. Once, I planned to cancel the order and returned the wall charger. But you people encouraged and finally I received the VIN and quiet decent insurance plan from AllState. Thank you dears for the support and good work.

Regarding removal of USS to eventually introduce Tesla Vision:

Just got this update notification for my MY and plan to update sometime today + test tomorrow:
View attachment 921009

Finally, received VIN today.
Randomly checked the app, had a message to accept Tesla vision terms. Immediately assigned the VIN only after accepting.

EDD 3/28-3/31
Seattle area and MSM. ✌️
Hope delivery goes smooth.

Congrats. I hope blue is not to far behind. Good to see Seattle getting some deliveries. It felt like there was a massive dry spell for the northwest.

Interesting. We have the same order spec. My VIN was assigned this past Sat, about 400 units behind your build. Congrats on scoring it in Mar.
Evidently the car arrives on 3/31 to the SC and I asked what if you need more time to prep the car, will I have to wait til Saturday 4/1 to get it delivered? Rep said no, in that case, we would ask you to come pick up at the SC late around closing time on Friday. Appears they really want to deliver Q1 no matter what

Today's the day alright - for the first time since I ordered on Jan 20, my EDD is now past all previous EDDs.

This car...IF and WHEN it ever arrives...better be a profound, life-changing experience for me. Having bought dozens of new automobiles over the decades, I have NEVER waited on one before. Once I decided to buy something, I took it home that same day. :)

1680013638155.png

Last edited:
Today's the day alright - for the first time since I ordered on Jan 20, my EDD is now past all previous EDDs. :)

View attachment 922166
Ha, just checked myself and saw I got pushed back to 4/8-5/6 with a 1/22 order date. What really bothers me from this experience is Tesla sending me a text to expect a VIN in 1-2 weeks on 2/28, talk about a fake out.

Ha, just checked myself and saw I got pushed back to 4/8-5/6 with a 1/22 order date. What really bothers me from this experience is Tesla sending me a text to expect a VIN in 1-2 weeks on 2/28, talk about a fake out.
You guys made me check... no change on ours. Guess we were "lucky" to get b-slapped a bit earlier with our EDD shift.. kind of like ripping the bandaid off vs the slow tug.

Yeah.. T pushed me back also... But saw 2 cars with same config as mine for sale in TX. They won't deliver them to NJ.

Same here! My huge far away window has not moved at all since March 7. I keep checking afraid that it will go even further into June.
Yep, I think I have checked 10 times already today. I check the app and tesla.com just in case. I think I am obsessed!
Only 10????? ☺️ And each time I am so afraid that it will be pushed further, uggh

Same here! My huge far away window has not moved at all since March 7. I keep checking afraid that it will go even further into June.

Only 10????? ☺️ And each time I am so afraid that it will be pushed further, uggh
I do not remember when my last EDD change came. I know it was moved forward by like two days and then pushed back within a few days by 10 days. Very frustrating.

My hope is after 3/31 things settle down with TX and CA and closer locations to the Gigafactories due to Q1 end push. Then they start sending out VINs for the rest of us.

I do not like it but I guess that is how Tesla works their logistics.

Almost thought I found my build at Devon, PA. Same exterior color and 19" but has Black/White interior and tow hitch. I think if it did not have the Black/White interior I would have started making calls to see how to snag it and get it matched to me with the lower price point. I would have sucked up the xtra for the tow (never will use it).

Reactions: erktrek