Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No it does not. Neither does Tesla charger get PSEG install or reduced off hours rate discount. Though I think the Fed Tax does apply.

It pretty much comes down to JuiceBox or ChargePoint to get the credits in NJ. Bought an extra J adapter to leave on home charger.
According to their site I thought the Tesla one would, no?

What do they pay for? Is it just for installation or the actual charger itself?
If I read this right, the charger and installation costs. They'll also assist financially if you need additional service run to the home. Again, if I understand this all correctly.
So, I was looking at the application and I have to buy the home charger first because you have to provide the charger ID or serial number.
Yes
That is crazy. I do not understand why that matters now? I just want to apply and get approved. I would still have to have the electrician complete a form and then provide all the proof or purchase and install.

Why so much red tape?

Good old fashion NJ corruption. I'd rather jump through a few hoops to make sure people who are actually installing a private home charger get the money.
Makes no sense. I am not spending $400+ to get denied and then have to return the item and just install a NEMA 14-50 outlet and use the less expensive mobile charger.
I'm spending the ~$400 for the charger either way; might as well get as much "grant" money as I can.

Reactions: starise and imgcs
If I read this right, the charger and installation costs. They'll also assist financially if you need additional service run to the home. Again, if I understand this all correctly.

Yes

Good old fashion NJ corruption. I'd rather jump through a few hoops to make sure people who are actually installing a private home charger get the money.

I'm spending the ~$400 for the charger either way; might as well get as much "grant" money as I can.
From the PSE&G FAQs (same for JCP&L):

1680129263849.png

• Informative
Reactions: LetsGoElectric
Updated app and delivery day scheduled for 3/27 in Austin. They decided to move it after all. Still make me think this was my car destined for me but they kept trying to push the WW 7 seaters. Now I can take my time on the delivery day checklist. Funny thing is I bought a VW Passat TDI back in 2015 and have a plastic gap tool they left in the car. I’ve been saving that thing for this occasion. Going to see how the gaps are with the tool. I hope I am pleasantly surprised. Everything that has happened to date has me being skeptical. I’ll try to be more optimistic. Might have to dispute the $250 charge just for the principality of the shituation.
Ok. Delivery done MYP Red/tow. The wait time sucked. On Tuesday I received a call from Tesla. I thought the worse when the agent told me they needed to reschedule my delivery from 3/29 @ 1100. I asked how or why when the delivery was scheduled for the next day. She said that the car was in Austin but at another SC and that they couldn’t get a truck to move it to my designated SC. Oh, I can work with that so I changed the location and appointment by 1 hr. The delivery was today at 1200. Arrived and looked it over. I have to say I am very pleased with the build quality. The Red paint is beautiful. Not a blemish to be found. Everything worked as advertised. Has the parcel shelf but no protective film on rear doors. The biggest hick up came when we asked for the keys then had to sign a waiver because the temp tags were not yet sent from TX DMV. I said WHAT. I am not signing a waiver to let Tesla off the hook. Where is my tag? I paid for it. I’m not leaving with out a temp tag. The girl looked at me like I was from another planet then went and got a Supervisor or Manager. Michelle was great. She had a stack of the waivers as the Travis County DMV couldn’t keep up with the demand of deliveries being made. I thought about it for a second and understood the issue. Needless to say Michelle diffused the situation, took care of syncing our phone keys and was wonderful. Really can’t be happier now that we have the car. What a machine! I have a BMW 535d M Sport as the other driver and this does ride better. Very comparable. I recently changed the 535 to non RFT and enjoy the handling and firm ride. The MYP is SOLID. We made sure every switch, door, trunk, drunk and windows worked as advertised. I can’t say enough how well put together this car is. I hope everyone waiting gets their cars timely and enjoys the heck out of them.
IMG_0471.jpeg
IMG_0470.jpeg

WOW, Congrats. I have same config with 1/22 OD and still no VIN. EDD pushed to mid April-Mid May. Enjoy u r car. Which State are you in?
I live in CA and am picking up my car from the Rocklin store which is just west of Sacramento. It is about 3 hours from Fremont so a quick transport once it was built.

Hope you get your's soon since I sort of feel guilty about people with the same order who ordered before me not getting theirs before I get mine.

Reactions: bk2023
Welp, got a text from Tesla this morning that our DD was delayed from 3/28 at 4:00 PM to 3/31 at 10:00 AM. We couldn't do the 10:00 AM timeslot so it was changed to 3/31 at 4:00 PM. Figured this might happen due to transportation and delivery related delays - it's going to make for a longer week LOL.

Got no text this time around and Tesla changed the DD time, I just happened to check the app and noticed that the DD time was changed from 4:00 to 6:00. Texted Tesla and they said that's the latest timeslot they have for that day and I cannot change it back to 4:00 PM. My wife has her midterm that evening at 8:00 PM. This presents an issue for us. I then asked who has to legally be present to take delivery - because in the app I'm the primary registrant and she is the secondary registrant - and the financing is in both our names. Tesla responded back that our vehicle isn't even arriving at the DCuntil 6:00 that evening - what about the prep time? Their answer is that it'll take time to prep - but the latest they can schedule the DD time for is 6:00 PM. This is rather aggravating given my wife has an exam later that same evening that cannot be moved. Tesla also indicated they only see one registrant - but didn't say who it was - so I've asked who that is, should be me if I'm the primary but if they only see one who knows?. If it's me - can only I show up to take delivery even if the financing is in both names? No answer back yet...

Last edited:
Does anyone know the specs for the MYAWD? Is the only difference the battery? Is this the newer battery the 4680?
Yes these are the newer MY AWD models built only in GigaTexas that have the structural 4680 packs. Not sure if there are any other differences though.

Reactions: Skunis and erktrek
Graduating from this thread today.

Took MYP delivery 11am @ NYC BK Tesla

OD 2/4, EDD 1 3/10-31, VIN 3/9, Schedule text 3/23, Actual Delivery 3/29

Car passed whole checklist from Github. Came with front license bracket NOT done and allowed to install the custom bracket on the spot but you have it leave with front license. Matrix headlight (played lightshow once). Trunk cover lid is magnetic. Software update is not there yet for Tesla Vision.

Arrived 11am, scanned QR code, greeted within 30seconds and signed all documents in under 3mins. Inspected my car and stuff for a good 30-40 mins. Then went ahead and hit the PAY button on the app and app automatically paired phone OTA.

Drove off the ramp by the SA and did a short spin with him and then we part way.