Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a question... I just placed my order today this morning as I posted above and now I just received a notice that my VIN has been assigned and my estimated delivery date has been updated to March 31 - April 7. WTF? I was expecting this to take at least 2-3 months. I am not at all ready to take delivery but how is this even possible when so many others are still waiting??

Edit: Just received a call and a text that I could pick up the Tesla I ordered tonight. LMAO. I just ordered this morning! I don't have anything at all ready to go since I was expecting on waiting for a while.
They’re trying to fit it in last minute before the quarter ends today.

I wonder how many people are going to switch back from MYP to MYLR if they ordered the MYP just to get an earlier delivery for the tax credit.

I'm certainly considering it!
If you ordered the MYP just to get earlier delivery, I think you're going to continue to second guess yourself and you'll be miserable.

Even after learning today of the 'new April 18 IRS guidance date', I am very happy that I chose the MY P for reasons that I shared with you in an earlier post. In fact, I feel that had I gotten the LR, I think I would have always experienced a touch of envy every time I spotted a P on the road.

I encourage you to arrange with Tesla SC to test drive a P and LR. Compare them side by side and then decide which you will be more happy with in the long run.

If you ordered the MYP just to get earlier delivery, I think you're going to continue to second guess yourself and you'll be miserable.

Even after learning today of the 'new April 18 IRS guidance date', I am very happy that I chose the MY P for reasons that I shared with you in an earlier post. In fact, I feel that had I gotten the LR, I think I would have always experienced a touch of envy every time I spotted a P on the road.

I encourage you to arrange with Tesla SC to test drive a P and LR. Compare them side by side and then decide which you will be more happy with in the long run.
This is great advice and it most definitely varies from situation to situation. In our case we chose the MYLR as we need more of a family car and "range anxiety" or more appropriately lack of EV experience has led us to want to maximize for range as much as possible. In terms of "look" the MYP def wins there, no question. I guess if I really wanted more power I could always get the "performance boost".

Now for our eventual 2nd EV.... :cool:.

Reactions: WyoDude
I think I just jinxed myself. We was on our way to pickup the car, a text message came say Tesla rescheduled my delivery ftom 4pm Gilroy to 6pm Fremont. Calling Fremont center and ask “Ate you sure you have the car”. The rep said “oh we plan to make your car in the next couple hours or so. Please don’t leave til we call you” 😂🤣 ohh the blessings and the curses for living closed to Fremont factory
Delivery appointment moved to 6pm Friday Mar 31 at Fremont factory. While we’re on the call with the rep to confirm that the delivery would happen, a text message came saying “your delivery at 6pm. Don’t come til the slot assigned ya-da ya-da” so my husband said “Let’s go down there. They pulled this crap all day already”. Traffic was bad around Fremont area. While we was sitting in traffic another text came and confirm how are we paying “cash” check or via app and “see you tonight”. When we got there, it was a zoo/mad house/circus or all of the above. No parking anywhere and must be hundred of ppl there waiting to pick up their cars. While waiting in line to check in, my appt moved up to 8pm. We later found out, most afternoon delivery around Bay Area (Gilroy, Cupertino, and Dublin) got sent to Fremont and everyone moved from 4pm to 6pm then to 8pm. 🤣😂 At 8pm, we went back inside and talked to the rep. She liked “oh your car almost ready. We will call you soon”. I overheard another rep saying to the man next to me “oh your car doesn’t exist yet. But if you like, we will give you exact same car with 20 in rim. No additional charge“ At 9pm, no text came to assign the car slot/location, nor call. We went back inside. Some got their cars and left but still around 50-60 ppl there. Rep was telling us “oh you car in the back. Let us ask the team bring it up front” At 10pm “oh we’re processing your paperwork“ Finally my name got called at 11pm. Still around 20-25 ppl waiting around at that time. We walked out the lot to find my car and was amazed. Hundred of brand new 3 and Y are there (mostly Y) in all colors (not many mSM though) but lots of reds and blues and again mostly while. We inspect the car (if you can call that inspection while we was both exhausted) sit inside the car playing with the radio while 3 men did the last step. Cargo cover, matrix light and additional license plate in the trunk and 60% battery charged. No issue was found. We didn’t left until 11:30 pm or so and got home close to 1am. Quick look around car in the bright garage light And Still no issue. Finally the wait is over. But Oh boy if you live in the Bay Area try to avoid to pick up your car at the end of the quarter.

Delivery appointment moved to 6pm Friday Mar 31 at Fremont factory. While we’re on the call with the rep to confirm that the delivery would happen, a text message came saying “your delivery at 6pm. Don’t come til the slot assigned ya-da ya-da” so my husband said “Let’s go down there. They pulled this crap all day already”. Traffic was bad around Fremont area. While we was sitting in traffic another text came and confirm how are we paying “cash” check or via app and “see you tonight”. When we got there, it was a zoo/mad house/circus or all of the above. No parking anywhere and must be hundred of ppl there waiting to pick up their cars. While waiting in line to check in, my appt moved up to 8pm. We later found out, most afternoon delivery around Bay Area (Gilroy, Cupertino, and Dublin) got sent to Fremont and everyone moved from 4pm to 6pm then to 8pm. 🤣😂 At 8pm, we went back inside and talked to the rep. She liked “oh your car almost ready. We will call you soon”. I overheard another rep saying to the man next to me “oh your car doesn’t exist yet. But if you like, we will give you exact same car with 20 in rim. No additional charge“ At 9pm, no text came to assign the car slot/location, nor call. We went back inside. Some got their cars and left but still around 50-60 ppl there. Rep was telling us “oh you car in the back. Let us ask the team bring it up front” At 10pm “oh we’re processing your paperwork“ Finally my name got called at 11pm. Still around 20-25 ppl waiting around at that time. We walked out the lot to find my car and was amazed. Hundred of brand new 3 and Y are there (mostly Y) in all colors (not many mSM though) but lots of reds and blues and again mostly while. We inspect the car (if you can call that inspection while we was both exhausted) sit inside the car playing with the radio while 3 men did the last step. Cargo cover, matrix light and additional license plate in the trunk and 60% battery charged. No issue was found. We didn’t left until 11:30 pm or so and got home close to 1am. Quick look around car in the bright garage light And Still no issue. Finally the wait is over. But Oh boy if you live in the Bay Area try to avoid to pick up your car at the end of the quarter.
Sounds like the new year count down party, lol. Congrats on getting in Q1 by 30 minutes. 🙃

EDD 5 didn’t change until this morning. Thought I was “on call” all day yesterday lol..

However, still unsure how my updated EDD that was updated today starts today…

MYLR5 MSM/Black/19"/no options

OD/Profile Complete: 1/27
EDD 1: Jan - Mar
EDD 2 (1/31): 3/26 - 3/31
EDD 3 (2/14): 3/27 - 3/31
EDD 4 (3/4): 4/19 - 5/24
EDD 5 (3/22): 3/31 - 4/14
EDD 6 (4/1): 4/1 - 4/13

So Cal (OC)

My wife though Tesla was not being truthful when I got a text on Monday saying yo go ahead and schedule my delivery Appt. since they anticipated my car being in the next day or two and I'd get the VIN as soon as the car was built. It wasn't till Wed morning that I got the VIN and my delivery went as scheduled on Thursday. After reading your story I'm like yeah they probably didn't have our car built till Tuesday at some time, or maybe even very early morning Wed. At first I sort of wanted to pick up at Fremont but I would have hated the madhouse you described and very happy I picked up at Rocklin when it was actually slow and we are avout the only people picking up at that time.

Reactions: bk2023 and erktrek
My wife though Tesla was not being truthful when I got a text on Monday saying yo go ahead and schedule my delivery Appt. since they anticipated my car being in the next day or two and I'd get the VIN as soon as the car was built. It wasn't till Wed morning that I got the VIN and my delivery went as scheduled on Thursday. After reading your story I'm like yeah they probably didn't have our car built till Tuesday at some time, or maybe even very early morning Wed. At first I sort of wanted to pick up at Fremont but I would have hated the madhouse you described and very happy I picked up at Rocklin when it was actually slow and we are avout the only people picking up at that time.
We believe that they didn’t “bake” our car until 2-4 pm PST and had I not nagged at them late Wed night when I saw an exact config in “Bay Area” inventory my VIN probably won’t show on Thursday either. But I have to give it to Elon, even with all the madness and working late (granted they got pay extra I hope), the staffs was excellent. and yes you made a right choice picking up your car at local SC. Stuck in Bay Area traffic in another Tesla did give us some anxiety 🤣😂

Reactions: Ckerr
So, I happened to drop by the local Tesla store yesterday. The floor was empty except for one lonely Model S. Took the opportunity to check on my order. I had a VIN, but there had been no notification of the fact. My EDD went from Mar 29-31 to April about a week and a half ago. One of the guys there looked up my order and said that it was scheduled to arrive from Austin on the 3rd, pickup Apr 4-6. I wonder just when they thought they would give me a heads up and let me know that? I'd have been pissed if I didn't know that before Mon or Tue. I'm already a little pissed that I have to pick it up on a work day.

MYLR, W/B/19
OD: 1/23
EDD: Apr 2-16

Reactions: starise
I was able to pick up my car yesterday evening in Raleigh. The wait has finally ended. I didn't find any issues at all while doing my inspections. I didn't use any checklists or anything and also am not super critical, however it looked great to me. I am very happy with the vehicle so far.

It is a Freemont build and I did get the cargo cover as well as matrix headlights.

After two and half months of wait (OD 1/19) finally, I picked up MYLR from Princeton, NJ yesterday.

I uploaded insurance card, completed payment via plaid and other formalities before hand. When I got there, car was ready, agent told me where it is and said my name tag is on dashboard, he opened car while we walked to car, we checked everything inside and out. Except for few gaps, all looked good. He helped me open tickets for it and were were on a road within 15 mins.

Very smooth delivery process, we were done earlier than expected. There were so many new Tesla in a parking lot but they didn't seem busy. There were only three other families taking delivery while we were there.

Good luck to everyone. Everyone in this forum helped tremendously with so much information which made it easy while waiting for two and half months.

Attachments

• 20230331_160246.jpg
    20230331_160246.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 116
ODD 01/23/2023 MYLR
Got VIN on March 24th
Delivery scheduled for 7th April
Went to the Springfield NJ showroom as I passing by, I asked the salesperson about possibility of my Model Y having HW-4, he said some might have and some might not, not sure what to make of this answer. Can anyone with recent delivery of 2023 Model Y confirm of anyone getting HW-4 in the Model Y.