Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He fooled 300K+ drivers into paying 15K for becoming beta testers only IF they specially qualify! Even those who paid 5K in 2018 would have been better off investing that money in stocks.

Musk constantly baits/bullies others online and on twitter and the media/individuals unnecessarily reacts. In the end Musk gets the attention he desires; Media gets the clicks and regular Joe's are baited. I like the car quite a bit. I also think Musk is a jackass of greatest magnitude. Especially since last year, he has gotten crazier.

Fooled? You mean like in the explicit terms of the agreement or that it's clearly stated that FSD is in fact Beta and level 2 autonomy and the driver is responsible at all times... This is a common TeslaQ talking point and is very misleading. The implication is that the customers did their due diligence and were somehow misled and also that it has/had to work perfectly or it's a complete failure (black and white fallacy).

I can't fathom someone paying $15K without figuring out what they are getting for that money especially if it's for a "software" upgrade. I do agree that the early purchasers of Tesla got screwed just not the current Beta testers or the ones who had to do the safety score thing.

The issues I have with FSD are:
  1. Folks with older vehicles were sold the promise of FSD and their cars weren't capable. Regardless of what they paid for it - the expectation and promise was there. They were either out of luck or had to have their hardware physically upgraded. Not cool in my book.
  2. While beta testers may be fully aware and agree to the terms + accept any risk - everyone else on the road that may come in contact with a vehicle operating in FSD mode has not. To be fair the issue is a regulatory one encompassing all such advanced systems and not specifically Tesla.
  3. Concern about HW 3 and the reduced sensor set being able to handle FSD as it evolves and gets even more capable.
  4. We are not interested in spending that much money for a beta product without getting some kind of compensation, assurances for future-proofing.

I can't speak to your last bit but I did end up muting Elon on Twitter.

Last edited:
I have a delivery date for next week. When I pulled up Plaid to pay it didn't go through. My CU has a daily limit I'm guessing? I want to make sure they don't double bill me if I try it again. It was odd because Plaid seen the money in my account and connected with Tesla, but it didn't go through. :(

Anyone else have a similar issue?

Hopefully all will be well for my DD. Apparently the date can still swing. I set the date, but they reserve the right to change it. Makes getting the car a challenge for me since they only give a three day window. I have to backtrack to my wife's job, pick her up and go back to Tesla that day which pushes the time later. Should be able to make it work but it's a push. Ironically we took a few days off the week before but Tesla didn't offer those slots. I'm hoping we get lucky and maybe they push to one of those earlier dates instead.
At this point I'll just be glad to be done with the process. This seems to be really drawing out.

Thanks! After seeing all the posts in this forum and Reddit, I expected a record breaking quarter. They barely reached the target in Q1. M3 sales are already slow and they will drop drastically after April 17th. MY demand is also slowing down now. Musk mentioned that 2 million deliveries would be achievable by the end of 2023. I don't see how it is possible without a price cut. They may need to cut more prices again to increase the demand.
The first quarter of the year is the slowest when it comes to car sales. Add in the fact the U.S. economy is having issues and that rising interest rates make it less attractive for people to take out loans to buy cars and it is pretty amazing that Tesla had a record setting quarter. A big factor in Tesla meeting their projected sales goal for this year will be how the economy goes for the rest of the quarter and if interest rates continue to climb.

Reactions: erktrek and starise
[plays the Jeopardy theme song]

Surely, it can't be much longer. Surely. :)

1680531026965.png

First forum post - wanted to chime in here.

Order: Black/Black MYP
OD: 2/15
Vin Received yesterday: 04/02
EDD: 04/16 - 04/22

Getting excited but NOT getting my hopes up... would be really ideal to get delivered before the 18th. We shall see.

FYI - no email or text regarding VIN. Just found it in the app.

puruttya-fuhhh.gif

(kidding of course, congrats and hopefully Tesla fulfillment doesnt pull the rug out from under you like they have for some of us more northerly folks..)

View attachment 924477

(kidding of course, congrats and hopefully Tesla fulfillment doesnt pull the rug out from under you like they have for some of us more northerly folks..)
MYP so faster fulfillment. :(

Crossing fingers they do not pull rug either.

At the same time hoping they place an earlier rug for both of us and any others waiting patiently (are we really?) in NJ for our MYLR.

View attachment 924477

I know, Ive been watching anxiously as others delivery dates moved around about the same time that my EDD got pushed to 04/02 - 05/06 at the end of march. We shall see what happens. This process really feels like a lottery to a first timer like me.

I know, Ive been watching anxiously as others delivery dates moved around about the same time that my EDD got pushed to 04/02 - 05/06 at the end of march. We shall see what happens. This process really feels like a lottery to a first timer like me.
And it should not be a lottery. I am hoping all us Eastcoasters get some love from Tesla now that they have pushed all the EOQ deliveries out to those closest to Gigafactories.

Fooled? You mean like in the explicit terms of the agreement or that it's clearly stated that FSD is in fact Beta and level 2 autonomy and the driver is responsible at all times... This is a common TeslaQ talking point and is very misleading. The implication is that the customers did their due diligence and were somehow misled and also that it has/had to work perfectly or it's a complete failure (black and white fallacy).

I can't fathom someone paying $15K without figuring out what they are getting for that money especially if it's for a "software" upgrade. I do agree that the early purchasers of Tesla got screwed just not the current Beta testers or the ones who had to do the safety score thing.

The issues I have with FSD are:
  1. Folks with older vehicles were sold the promise of FSD and their cars weren't capable. Regardless of what they paid for it - the expectation and promise was there. They were either out of luck or had to have their hardware physically upgraded. Not cool in my book.
  2. While beta testers may be fully aware and agree to the terms + accept any risk - everyone else on the road that may come in contact with a vehicle operating in FSD mode has not. To be fair the issue is a regulatory one encompassing all such advanced systems and not specifically Tesla.
  3. Concern about HW 3 and the reduced sensor set being able to handle FSD as it evolves and gets even more capable.
  4. We are not interested in spending that much money for a beta product without getting some kind of compensation, assurances for future-proofing.

I can't speak to your last bit but I did end up muting Elon on Twitter.
You make good points here. I do agree that the buyers should have done better DD on their purchase. What is TeslaQ?

That being said, wasn't he constantly claiming that it was ready or coming soon? That the prices are going up, so buy now etc etc. He played on people's FOMO. Not cool! He could/should have been lot more honest about timelines and capabilities. He grossly exaggerated knowing they were false claims.

Anyway, I still like the car plenty and don't like his dishonesty and bullying. I wish he used his perch/wealth to be a role model and example to others. He accomplished quite a bit at Tesla and I am thankful for that at least.

Reactions: erktrek