Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
She did test drive it. Was very apprehensive. Pulling out of the SC she ran over the curb. LOL! She kept looking out the rear view mirror as she drove it and kept commenting on it. I kept telling her she will use the camera. It is amazing and the screen is huge. She is stuck in the old ages of turning your head around to look back lol.

It is a big change for her. If we do get the MY, it will just take time to get use to it with the rear view camera and the one pedal driving.
Very similar experiences for my wife - she is concerned about the lowered visibility in the back but does realize the need for using the screen. I hope she will come around but if not then I'll be the one mostly driving it (selfishly not a bad thing)

On a side note - Your experience with hitting the curb demonstrates a reason why it may not be a good idea to buy the demo cars. Lots of people are trying out EVs for the first time and stuff like this or worse probably happens all the time.

Very similar experiences for my wife - she is concerned about the lowered visibility in the back but does realize the need for using the screen. I hope she will come around but if not then I'll be the one mostly driving it (selfishly not a bad thing)

On a side note - Your experience with hitting the curb demonstrates a reason why it may not be a good idea to buy the demo cars. Lots of people are trying out EVs for the first time and stuff like this or worse probably happens all the time.
I 100% agree with the demo purchasing. I am not sure what is in "spec" for a demo. Could leave you calling to get the rims repaired. I have done that on my own M3 (I could not stand the curbed rims) and it is not all too expensive (about $150 a rim).

I think my wife will come around to using just the screen and then looking at side view, rear view, and turning her head left and right. That is how I do it as the Tesla camera is not wide angle (our 10+ year old Honda CRV has wide angle and I can see far left and far right).

I am the one that posted the insurance premium on our MY at $56.

You are correct, that is with a 100 safety score. HOWEVER, the above is not how it works. Acceleration and speed do not count against you. You can floor it at every stop light and drive 90mph in a 65mph (or 30mph) zone and you will still have a 100 safety score. That is how it works, we have had it for over a year now. What DOES count against you is tail gating, harsh braking, forward collision warnings, etc (you can read more on the Tesla Insurance site).

It was pretty easy for us to get 97+ in the beginning and now that I know how it works I keep 99-100 all the time. Also, you can have a really bad day and get a 65 safety score for that day, and still have a 99-100 for the month (what your premium is based on). I drive about 1500 miles a month and a 99-100 is pretty easy if you know what "not" to do. Just sharing my experience for others.
It's not that easy to maintain that score if you have to drive your car after 10pm, TESLA should make it after 1AM instead of just 10PM it's totally unacceptable.

It's not that easy to maintain that score if you have to drive your car after 10pm, TESLA should make it after 1AM instead of just 10PM it's totally unacceptable.
And they have lower charging rates after 11PM. As low as half the price from peak charging rate. There are still options of cheaper rate before 10 but one has to work extra to get that. Depending on location ofcourse.

In my 2019 Model 3, the extent of the blind spot detection is making the offending cars red on the display. I've added a TesLogic, and it gives me a very clear red flashing of the turn signal indicator when my blind spot is occupied.
Do you recommend the TesLogic? Is it easy to install? The YouTube videos make it look relatively easy.

Just wondering if its novelty would quickly wear out, or if it is something that is really useful.

Do you recommend the TesLogic? Is it easy to install? The YouTube videos make it look relatively easy.

Just wondering if its novelty would quickly wear out, or if it is something that is really useful.
I've had it since August, and I like it. When I bought it, I was more interested in extra info about the battery than in the live display in front of me. However, having the information directly in front of me instead of off to the side has turned out to be very helpful. I appreciate having more obvious turn signal indicators, plus speed, speed limit, etc... front and center. I launch the app and put my phone there every time, even for very short trips. If I don't, I really miss it.

It's also nice to have the main screen show battery level in miles while the phone shows it in percentage. I've wanted both at the same time for a long time. It's also nice to have odometer data showing all the time.

Note: The guy in the video linked above complained about the magnetic mount not holding well. He put the metal disk INSIDE his case instead of outside. If you place it on the outside, it holds the phone solidly. It never moves.

Last edited:
Reactions: bridge-player
How do people get useful communication with the SAs? Twice I have sent a polite question asking for an update and both times I got back a canned answer that I will be notified in the app. Grrrrr
My SA seems really nice and doesn’t just give generic answers. Is the SA who answers from your specific DC? If so, I guess the reason mine is super nice is because they just became a DC. Months ago, they were only doing service and test drives.

My SA seems really nice and doesn’t just give generic answers. Is the SA who answers from your specific DC? If so, I guess the reason mine is super nice is because they just became a DC. Months ago, they were only doing service and test drives.
I don’t know where they are. I did a test drive at the mall store (Prudential center, Boston). My order does not list a delivery center, just my address. I also tried to going back in person and even though the store was empty, the guy was in a rush pushing me out of the door without any type of information. I sure hope the customer service will improve once I have the car, but it does not look promising.

Reactions: imgcs
I don’t know where they are. I did a test drive at the mall store (Prudential center, Boston). My order does not list a delivery center, just my address. I also tried to going back in person and even though the store was empty, the guy was in a rush pushing me out of the door without any type of information. I sure hope the customer service will improve once I have the car, but it does not look promising.
If you scroll down when looking at the registration information on the app, it'll tell you what your Tesla location is! I've tried to talk to someone on the website before, and they were definitely not helpful.

Judging from the results from waitingfortesla since 4/1. It appears that Tesla is pumping out nothing but MYAWD (with the Chinese Battery), and I am guessing they want to capitalized on unloading them before the 4/15/2023 Treasury deadline for teh $7,500.00 tax credit.

As such I am speculating that my EDD will likely be extended to 4/16~5/4.

Fukc!ing Tesla!!

beewang

• Love
Reactions: LetsGoElectric
Home Delivery means that someone at the Tesla Delivery Center will drive your car over to you. They dont do that anymore (without a fee).

I am not interested of them driving my new car and charging me $$$$

Cheers!

beewang
I texted them again, asking which DC. They actually gave information this time ;). It will be Dedham! I much rather prefer going to the DC in case there are any issues. It is not too far from home, I drive by the door every time I go to Costco.

Reactions: erktrek
Delivery day today!
OD: 1/24, Austin build. Cargo cover but no Matrix lights.
Basic MYLR picked up at Irvine SC
No real issues, slight paint bubbling and sticker residue on glass roof
In and out within 15 min!
72F4F919-6E38-4675-9DA2-D8B9F7BB5854.jpeg

Last edited: