Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, my worst nightmare may be coming true. Toyota has reached out that they have a RAV4H that we may want (it is not coming in for a month though which makes this decision even harder). The sales guy is not too bright. Texting me they have a unit and do we want it. I asked what it is and he says "RAV 4". No duh! That is what we want but what is the trim level, color, options/packages, etc. Been around 5 minutes and no response yet.

I am a truthful guy so told my wife but we cannot get to the dealer until Saturday to look at it and test drive it. I also need to set up financing. I refuse to use the dealer. They charge like 3-4% more than a credit union. So, that will take me a few days to set up as well.

Price would be about the same for both cars (Tesla is more but with State and Fed rebates it brings it down to just about the same price after our trade in.)

Man, I really want the MY but I am not the only one that makes that decision. If Tesla just helped me out and got the car to me sooner.

Last edited:
Is anyone financing through Tesla? Or is everyone doing credit unions? I was just going to go through Tesla since I saw that it takes a bit for credit union applications to be looked at.
I went through Tesla - got approved for 5.49% for 72mos approx 5 seconds after submitting my app lol can always refinance down the road. They're currently lower than my local credit unions so I went with it for now

What does this mean? I don't see EDD anymore. Never received VIN.

1680703705590.png

Reactions: Diamond_Dogs23
What does this mean? I don't see EDD anymore. Never received VIN.

View attachment 925240
Congrats! Your config is a tough one Blue/White 5 seater 19" so I am hopeful that mine is coming up soon!

I rarely find anything with my config on waitingfortesla.

I am trying to call the SC right now. Talk to a nice guy there and he gave me the time of day and they will note file that I can accept a turned down car in same config.

Thinks we are closer to 4/26 date but cannot guarantee.

Last edited:
So many people in NJ getting VINs. Did they just forget about PA?
I would not say so many. I am still waiting but hopefully it gets closer.

I did talk to the Tesla SC and a nice guy chatted with me for 20 minutes. Did note the file that I would be happy to take a MYLR in my config if someone just decided not to buy the car. He asked if I would take other options or colors but I cannot. I need to keep car under $55k for NJ rebate and I already have a M3 in MSM so wife does not want MY in same color. I do not want white (gets too dirty to me not that it is not a beautiful color) or black for the same reason. The blue has been growing on me as I see them on the road.

So, back to the post...I am in the same boat as you and you have a later OD and an earlier EDD than I do. How that happens I have no idea lol.

So many people in NJ getting VINs. Did they just forget about PA?
There are plenty us in NJ who have not gotten VINs while having ODs in late Jan. Some folks may have switched their orders to speed up the process.

Our Accelerated Delivery page has offered 2 different MYLRs this morning - a white one with otherwise same config as ours incl. tow for $5600 more (NOT going to happen) and now a MSM MYLR with no tow but 1108 miles and 20" wheels for $600 more (also NOT going to happen). At least these offerings are more in line with our desired config than the 7 Seater MYAWD they kept trying to push 2 weeks ago