Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt they'll drop it that much, unless no tax credit.
Looking at the Model Y price history document, the lowest they sold the MYLR was $48,990 and that was probably without any/much tax incentives.

I would imagine if Tesla was VERY desperate to sell inventory at end of Q3 or some time in Q4 and they're facing competition from others, we could possibly see price decreases around there. I personally think Tesla might do a $500 or $1k price decrease in 1-2 months if Q2 inventory isn't selling as fast as they'd like.

Again all speculations and my personal opinions.

Reactions: Skunis and erktrek
Was mostly curious if it was a demo vehicle or a reject due to the verbiage I was seeing on the accelerated delivery page.

Both of the cars you linked were 7-seat interiors, but my order is for a 5-seater.
I noticed the pattern with Tesla. They pumped out alot of cars with the $2K wheels option since the quarter-end 3/31 just to try to entice you to take the "accelerated delivery" and book the $2K add'l margin (the cost diff for Tesla from 19" to 20" wheels is negligible, as such it is almost all add'l progit margin). Also noticed they are pumping out cars with white interiors.

just my 2 cents,

beewang

Reactions: Skunis
I noticed the pattern with Tesla. They pumped out alot of cars with the $2K wheels option since the quarter-end 3/31 just to try to entice you to take the "accelerated delivery" and book the $2K add'l margin (the cost diff for Tesla from 19" to 20" wheels is negligible, as such it is almost all add'l progit margin). Also noticed they are pumping out cars with white interiors.

just my 2 cents,

beewang
Of the 302 non-Performance Model Y's currently in inventory, almost exactly half are 19" and the other half 20".

Of all Model Y's currently in inventory, 249 have black interiors and 88 have white interiors. :)

Reactions: erktrek and Skunis
Was mostly curious if it was a demo vehicle or a reject due to the verbiage I was seeing on the accelerated delivery page.

Both of the cars you linked were 7-seat interiors, but my order is for a 5-seater.
Re-ran the query and speculating your car was build on 4/5

1681235495386.png

1681235347716.png

Text the 510 till they fix the price

It's updated. w/o follow up!

Description Total in USD
Model Y All-Wheel Drive $49,990
Pearl White Paint Included
19’’ Gemini Wheels Included
All Black Premium Interior Included
Five Seat Interior Included
Autopilot Included
Subtotal $49,990
Destination Fee $1,390
Order Fee $250
Total $51,630- $7.5K Tax credit= $44,130! Almost lowest SR release pricing and I believe this has more range/features since then?

Hoping to get A-TX build with 4680 batteries etc.

So I placed an order on March 29th and I just checked the app. VIN has been assigned and a new disclaimer about Tesla vision before proceeding with delivery.

Very quick turnaround. Almost makes me think it was a previously rejected car. Do we have a VIN tracker to keep track of where we’re at?

Reactions: Skunis
MYP, Black/white, tow hitch.

That is a HEAVILY profit margin car from what most people are waiting / buying for. I dont think you need to worry about being a previously reject car. Money Talks! Fat Margin at $7,000 is gonna get you on front of the line.

Performace Upgrade $4,000
White Interior $1,000
Tow Hitch $1,000
Black Paint $1,000

I'd more concerned if you order was an MYLR White/Black 5 seats and you got allocated a car in 2 weeks.

Cheers!

beewang

An update on my delivery. Tesla texted us last Thursday and said that the car came in early (a week early). We picked the car up on Saturday and had no major issues. The gaps, functionality, fit, and finish were all good. The only issue was a round scratch on the trim above the driver's side window that will be replaced tomorrow at our house.

The SA allowed us to look inside before taking delivery. Overall delivery went well though the SA on E. Sahara wasn't going out of their way to inform us about the vehicle. I had to ask for a quick overview of setting everything up and after asking they were happy to give the overview.

As of day 3, everything is going well.

Good luck with all your deliveries and I hope they come soon.
Hello there fellow Vegas member! I have the same exact build with later OD, and it looks like I might be getting my VIN soon...

You all are killing my hopes of getting our order in the next couple of months. 🤣 I knew the EDD of a few weeks was not going to happen but was hopeful. Didn’t realize people were still waiting for orders place months ago. But we kind of ordered on a whim after test driving a 50k mile car that sitting on a lot. So we didn’t research the wait times. Not a big deal but now we get to feel like kids waiting for Christmas again.