Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of my Y, Austin built. I did have a frunk panel that will be fixed this upcoming Monday and a few other minor spots I'll see if they can adjust while they fix the frunk. Definitely give it a walk around and hope you get lucky. The SA was helpful and showed me everything I needed to know and helped me schedule a service appointment for the frunk as well. Overall super happy other than the frunk but driving the car is amazing, worth the wait!

Daily ritual...
Time to change my EDD again...

1681318235786.png

Ah!! But its getting closer!! :p

Cheers

beewang

Daily ritual...
Time to change my EDD again...

View attachment 927700

Ah!! But its getting closer!! :p

Cheers

beewang
They're really keeping you on your toes, beewang! Hope they put you out of your misery soon... Ha!
No EDD update again today. With others getting theirs updated recently, I thought today would be that day. O well.
right with you. Still at May 27 - Jul 8 for my MYP! Blergh...

Latest update. I texted the number that provided me with my VIN asking for a status update on the order and or number I could call about expected delivery. My local Tesla dealership called me within 30min of my text (pretty impressed). She told me my model y will be ready for pick-up on 3/23 and let me schedule a 4pm appt. Hope it goes well and will update on the process and build quality. :)

Received Fremont built Blue MYLR on 3/25

There were very few and minor issues with build quality such as my rear seats did not automatically go down without a little force of my own. I am taking the car in to be serviced to look at potentially making camera adjustments, looking at lower level trim (which isn’t bad at all), a little fabric fraying on driver side door and a few other minor things. Overall, i was very happy with the build quality.

On 3/31 I took a trip from MD to Fla. (Orlando). What a great way to know your car. This is my first TESLA so probably stating the obvious for previous TESLA owners but here's a quick overview of my observations during the trip.
  1. The car came with Matrix headlights. They were great. When driving on a highway in the middle of the night and using the high beams i could not believe how bright and wide the lights were. They light up the other side of the highway. I’ve never seen anything like it.
  2. Used supercharges (obviously) which all worked great and never had a problem. Some of the areas we were in we’re a little less than to be desired when you’re the only one at a stop in the middle of of the night and nothing is opened. Hotel in GA. on the way down had a level 2 charger which was great. Total cost on the way down was $76. and $87 on the way back.
  3. Used the cruise control which was fantastic and never had to step on the brake or accelerator. In traffic on a few occasions cruise made it much easier. On the way back I used the basic autopilot quite a bit and while not perfect worked as expected and made the drive much easier.
  4. Sound system is awesome. Never listened to more 70, 80, 90, hits etc. in my life as well as many other favorites. My wife use the caraoke once and thought she was a rock and roll singer at a supercharger.
  5. Really enjoyed premium connectivity. Real-time traffic visualization and satellite-view map was great. Def. spending the $9.99.
  6. Trunk and frunk space was great.
  7. Seats were very comfortable and never got tired of sitting in them.
  8. Let my brother-in-law drive the car as he was a naysayer. He was pleasantly impressed and could not believe the performance.
That’s it for now but very happy with the purchase so far.

I've already passed the 23-day mark on my MYP. In fact I'm tracking about 50 days according to the EDD I received today.

MYP | Black Ext | Black Int | 21" | No Tow | No FSD
📍San Antonio

OD: 3/11
EDD: Mar - Apr 2023
EDD2: April 19 - May 24 (3/20)
EDD3: April 19 - May 3 (4/11)
I have an identical build. I ordered on 02/16 and am picking up the car this saturday, 04/15. Keeping in mind this was during the end of quarter rush, I believe you will get your vehicle in the neighborhood of late April - early May.

yep! no date limitation now Electric Vehicle & Solar Incentives | Tesla Support

So now I'm not in a hurry in case they drop prices ....again...
The only problem is just the auto loan rates that keep going up as time goes on assuming you are borrowing. If I took delivery now from the same CU I used, it has gone up 1.5%. However I think because the $7500 credit is being maintained, they are keeping the prices steady since people who were going to cancel their orders due to the March deadline will keep theirs now. I see Tesla standing put for now.

The only problem is just the auto loan rates that keep going up as time goes on assuming you are borrowing. If I took delivery now from the same CU I used, it has gone up 1.5%. However I think because the $7500 credit is being maintained, they are keeping the prices steady since people who were going to cancel their orders due to the March deadline will keep theirs now. I see Tesla standing put for now.

We shall see. It's a cash purchase for me. but I think the rates will head south later this year.

• Informative
Reactions: LetsGoElectric
(From another thread) The NJ Charge Up program is almost out of money: Available Funding | Charge Up New Jersey

To prevent any heart attacks, this is directly from their site:
Any eligible electric vehicles ordered, purchased or leased on or before the announced closing date will qualify for a rebate. Dealerships will have 14 days to submit paperwork after that date.

Reactions: Skunis
(From another thread) The NJ Charge Up program is almost out of money: Available Funding | Charge Up New Jersey

To prevent any heart attacks, this is directly from their site:
Wow I didn't even expect that but I guess it makes sense with the surge of EVs now. Ever since the price drops, I see a Tesla very often in NJ now.

Do they get the similar funding for 2024-2025? I'm assuming NJ EV buyers will still not have to pay sales tax but losing the NJ state rebate sucks especially since Tesla will most probably reduce the M3 SR further once the federal tax credit is reduced (NJ rebate would be $4k off).

Last edited: