Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Breaking news! VIN received!
Showed up in app and I clicked through the Tesla vision screen.

View attachment 929289
View attachment 929291
Thanks for posting this. I see they have changed this Tesla Vision disclaimer since the time when I accepted my MY. They no longer are promising performance parity of Tesla Vision with performance of ultrasonic sensors. I can say that the TV version of park assist in my new MY is much worse than the USS based park assist in my 2022 M3. If this feature is important to you, consider canceling your order and waiting until they figure this out, perhaps with better software or hardware.

Thanks for posting this. I see they have changed this Tesla Vision disclaimer since the time when I accepted my MY. They no longer are promising performance parity of Tesla Vision with performance of ultrasonic sensors. I can say that the TV version of park assist in my new MY is worse than the USS based park assist in my 2022 M3. If this feature is important to you, consider canceling your order and waiting until they figure this out, perhaps with better software or hardware.
I currently drive an old ‘98 Volvo … so anything would be a major improvement ;)

I just saw this on the Government website officially confirming that the Y has the full credit after today. I know a Tesla said it but it is still nice to see it from the other side as well.
IMG_7725.jpeg

I got my VIN assigned today. How many days do I have from today to make the final payment ?
My membership with USSFCU is still pending and If that gets approved in a day or two then i'll apply for the loan. I just want to make sure that I have enough time to get the loan processed from USSFCU or should I just finance with Tesla and refinance with USSFCU next month ?

I'm open to suggestions. Please and Thanks !

Reactions: erktrek
I got my VIN assigned today. How many days do I have from today to make the final payment ?
My membership with USSFCU is still pending and If that gets approved in a day or two then i'll apply for the loan. I just want to make sure that I have enough time to get the loan processed from USSFCU or should I just finance with Tesla and refinance with USSFCU next month ?

I'm open to suggestions. Please and Thanks !
It can take 2-3 weeks. Depending on many factors such as how far you are form the factory that built your car. I am in Chicago. Got my VIN on 24th Feb and delivery on 8th March. The car came from Austin.

• Helpful
Reactions: tpjmy and erktrek
Thanks for posting this. I see they have changed this Tesla Vision disclaimer since the time when I accepted my MY. They no longer are promising performance parity of Tesla Vision with performance of ultrasonic sensors. I can say that the TV version of park assist in my new MY is much worse than the USS based park assist in my 2022 M3. If this feature is important to you, consider canceling your order and waiting until they figure this out, perhaps with better software or hardware.
Yeah, I'm not thrilled about the lack of USS (or radar for that matter). I don't *need* it but wish it was still possible to get. It doesn't look like they're going to add USS back though.

I'm still planning to proceed as it's unclear there would be a better time to buy in the next year based on the pricing, state/fed tax rebates, and the absurdly high resale value of my 6-year-old Prius Prime. I've wanted a Tesla for so long, and the M3 actually began production just weeks after I got the Prius in 2017. I've had a bit of buyer's remorse ever since.

NJ charge up paused funding. $2K discount is not showing up in my account anymore. This is really screwed up.

1681785683279.png

• Informative
Reactions: nj201 and erktrek
NJ charge up paused funding. $2K discount is not showing up in my account anymore. This is really screwed up.

View attachment 929387
my edd is tomorrow morning 4/18, here in NJ, and the app just showed me now I owe another 2k!!! The press release from NJ implies that orders through 4/17 at 9pm would keep the 2k if paperwork is in by May 1st. No idea what’s going to happen at the dealer tomorrow. Will be chaos.

Reactions: erktrek
From the NJ press release:

Based on the program’s current rate of application approvals and eligible vehicle orders, NJBPU estimates that the program’s Fiscal Year 2023 (FY23) funding will be committed by purchases, orders and leases made through April 17, 2023. To accurately capture all eligible orders for the program and ensure that residents have adequate time to receive and register their new EVs with the support of available program funding, the eligibility window for the FY23 program will be paused as of 9:00 p.m. EST on April 17, 2023.

A letter issued by the NJBPU Secretary’s Office provides details on this action, giving applicants sufficient time to accept delivery of their vehicle and complete the purchase and lease paperwork for vehicles ordered within the eligibility window (July 25, 2022 through 9:00 p.m. ET on April 17, 2023) while still accommodating any delays due to supply chain disruptions. Dealerships and showrooms will be required to enter all eligible orders as described in the updated Terms and Conditions. The program administrator will accept and review all applications with an eligible vehicle order, purchase, or lease date within the eligibility window.

In order to qualify for the Year Three Charge Up incentive, New Jersey residents had to order, purchase, or lease an eligible EV in the State on or after July 25, 2022 and before the pause of the program on April 17, 2023 at 9:00 p.m. EST. To learn more about the Charge Up New Jersey Program, additional eligibility requirements, and funding level information, please visit chargeup.njcleanenergy.com.

my edd is tomorrow morning 4/18, here in NJ, and the app just showed me now I owe another 2k!!! The press release from NJ implies that orders through 4/17 at 9pm would keep the 2k if paperwork is in by May 1st. No idea what’s going to happen at the dealer tomorrow. Will be chaos.
This is from the NJ Secretary. I am still not sure if Tesla reserved funds at the time of order.

https://www.nj.gov/bpu/pdf/SecretaryLetterChargeUp2023.pdf

Anyway, good luck with the dealer tomorrow. Let's hope this is just a bug on Tesla. Please post your update.

Wow , have you got the text of the new disclaimer ?