Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a successful delivery in Cherry Hill yesterday afternoon. No major issues; was such an easy and painless experience. The last minute discount didn't hurt either ;)

Attachments

• tessie.jpeg
    tessie.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 85
Your math doesn't make much sense. If you finance at 5.5% for 60 months it is $57.30/month ($3,438.21). $49.01 at 72 months ($3,528.98). In any case, I'd rather have the funds to do something else with each month...
yeah that is more accurate for sure, it was quick napkin math off the top of my head. Elon mentioned interest rates in the earnings call so my theory that they cut prices to also keep up with higher rates still stands IMO. I think the average rate is at or close to 6% now and you have to have decent credit to get that. Lots of other economic factors at play here as well. Buying right now is sort of a gamble, prices could go lower but they could also raise prices towards the end of the year if the economy doesn't take a big hit as is expected.

the 3k stings a bit but nothing I am going to lose sleep over. I do feel bad for people who bought on the price increases this year and really bad for people who bought in 22, they are getting the worst of it.

Is it getting the worst of it?? or is it because ppl need cars to drive?
The supply chain issue during the pandemic caused an inverted market for cars (new, used, and rental).
Sure! The smart thing to do is to unload your car, (ANY car!) in the last 2 years but why did we?? Is it because we needed a car?? It certainly wasn't because we wanted to hang onto a (normally) depreciating asset.

(Most) Ppl buy cars because they NEED a car to use and not purchase it for self-fulfilling purposes.

Just my 2 cents,

beewang

I picked up the car yesterday evening. Arguing with the Sales rep about the 2k rebate didn't help much. They were giving everyone the same canned responses. Given that it is a Point of Sale rebate, Tesla customer rebate sends the application once the vehicle delivery has been made. Since NJ closed the rebate offer as of 9:00pm on 4/17, no new applications could be sent in. The May 1st extensions were for sales prior to the 4/17 cutoff. Tesla does not send in rebate applications for orders placed in order to reserve/secure funds. I did email [email protected], but didn't even get the canned response from them.
Anyways, we were exhausted with the excruciating wait from 1/23 and just wanted the process to be done and over with. I inspected the car thoroughly. No major issues. One headlight had a noticeable gap, which we made a service appointment to have rectified (if possible). A small scuff that was buffed out. The paperwork process was simple. We signed, for the key cards, paired the phones and were off.
The only bright spot was the car and drive back home was simply awesome. All the hype is truly worth it. The next morning's price drop stung as well, but I just chalked it up to my rotten luck.
It is funny that they said sales prior to that date. The email I received said they were allowed by NJ to submit orders and sales between 4/3 and 4/17.

So basically, they admitted they did not follow the rules that NJ provided all along but got away with it and we the consumer are screwed.

Had a successful delivery in Cherry Hill yesterday afternoon. No major issues; was such an easy and painless experience. The last minute discount didn't hurt either ;)
Congrats to my fellow 4/19er brother! :D

A few thoughts from the delivery center yesterday:
1) Tesla is selling/delivering ALOT of cars! I was told every unclaimed new Tesla in the parking lot will be gone by the time they close. The lot will be "refilled" with new Teslas in the late afternoon and overnight for the next day's delivery. "Damn, that is a lot of cars!!" If you want to know why no one "answers the DAMN phone at the delivery center", just stop by and you will know why.

2) There was ppl who showed up and totally surprised by the $3K discount. Completely ignorant of the $3K drop in price overnight... Lucky bastrds!

3) Seriously thinking about getting the software upgrade for performance on my LR for $2K. That's is going to be the next debate.

cheers!

beewang

Hah! I woke up in the middle of the night and checked!

Well... explain this:
- Why the F am I still clicking this thread every 5 mins starting at 4 AM PST in the morning??!!
- Better yet... WTF am I still refreshing waitingfortesla checking for Model Y LR and Performance inventory in the Pacific Northwest region?? on my phone waiting at the checkout lane at Fred Myers (!!!???)...

Realizing now that it has become an addiction in the last 3 months..... urghhh. I am warning you guys. This is like a bad horror movie... it will stay with you forever.. :p

beewang

Last edited:
Congrats to my fellow 4/19er brother! :D

A few thoughts from the delivery center yesterday:
1) Tesla is selling/delivering ALOT of cars! I was told every unclaimed new Tesla in the parking lot will be gone by the time they close. The lot will be "refilled" with new Teslas in the late afternoon and overnight for the next day's delivery. "Damn, that is a lot of cars!!" If you want to know why no one "answers the DAMN phone at the delivery center", just stop by and you will know why.

2) There was ppl who showed up and totally surprised by the $3K discount. Completely ignorant of the $3K drop in price overnight... Lucky bastrds!

3) Seriously thinking about getting the software upgrade for performance on my LR for $2K. That's is going to be the next debate.

cheers!

beewang
4/19er sister* 😅💓

I will say the Cherry Hill delivery center was a lot smaller than I thought it would be, but they were busy! My appointment was at 4:30 so I was one of the later pick ups for that day I believe.

My dad drove me up from Delaware and was shocked at how quick the whole process was. He also asked me about 5 times "how do you start the car??" LOL

4/19er sister* 😅💓

I will say the Cherry Hill delivery center was a lot smaller than I thought it would be, but they were busy! My appointment was at 4:30 so I was one of the later pick ups for that day I believe.

My dad drove me up from Delaware and was shocked at how quick the whole process was. He also asked me about 5 times "how do you start the car??" LOL
I used Cherry Hill when I got my M3SR. Princeton was not open yet. I actually had the car driven to my house.

I did have to take the car for a couple of issues I noted that weekend. It is pretty small.

Princeton is smaller I believe. They keep their cars over at an empty lot at the Quakerbridge Mall.

Still waiting for delivery scheduling here. My SA texted it's in transit with ETA of 4/28.

My trade-in had to be renewed and dropped by $300. Currently debating whether to attempt to private sale my Prius, which I already spent like 6+ hours detailing back when my EDD was late March. I still think I could get $1500 more as private sale vs. trade-in with sales tax credit.

Also really confused about how to properly set up the insurance part of the tesla app. My agent sent over a copy of my current policy but can't give a policy with the new vin listed on it. They said the dealership is supposed to fax them something.

I tried to ask Tesla SA about delivery date and insurance and they mentioned "Tesla is part of the Drive Program and will send the Certificate of Origin and RTA to your insurance agency." I am confused what that means. I wrote back but it's been a couple days with no response.

Reactions: groenqueen
Yes. Those are built but not in transit.
Are they really not in transit? I would have thought they were in transit or just about to be loaded on a truck. If they are still at the factory, they should be able to give more choice at each delivery location. When I look at inventory for Portland Oregon, I see zero cars. But Seattle has 8. If some are at the factory, why wouldn't they show them in Portland as well. They could just load it on a different truck.

Are they really not in transit? I would have thought they were in transit or just about to be loaded on a truck. If they are still at the factory, they should be able to give more choice at each delivery location. When I look at inventory for Portland Oregon, I see zero cars. But Seattle has 8. If some are at the factory, why wouldn't they show them in Portland as well. They could just load it on a different truck.

As a fellow Oregonian, I feel your pain.
Yeah, it doesnt work that way when you are producing 2K cars per day. Everything is (pre)planned and scheduled. Each truck has X amount of slots for cars. This isnt UPS whereby throwing in "one extra car to this truck" will do.

If you see a car you want now (suggest to take one before 5/1 if you want a fighting chance of getting the $2K DEQ's OCVRP rebate https://www.oregon.gov/deq/FilterDocs/EV-StandardRebatevehicles.pdf) In WA, I'd try to lock it down and chase the car down by ways of "Planes, Trains and Automobile".

cheers,

beewang

Well... explain this:
- Why the F am I still clicking this thread every 5 mins starting at 4 AM PST in the morning??!!
- Better yet... WTF am I still refreshing waitingfortesla checking for Model Y LR and Performance inventory in the Pacific Northwest region?? on my phone waiting at the checkout lane at Fred Myers (!!!???)...

Realizing now that it has become an addiction in the last 3 months..... urghhh. I am warning you guys. This is like a bad horror movie... it will stay with you forever.. :p

beewang
Still waiting for delivery scheduling here. My SA texted it's in transit with ETA of 4/28.

My trade-in had to be renewed and dropped by $300. Currently debating whether to attempt to private sale my Prius, which I already spent like 6+ hours detailing back when my EDD was late March. I still think I could get $1500 more as private sale vs. trade-in with sales tax credit.

Also really confused about how to properly set up the insurance part of the tesla app. My agent sent over a copy of my current policy but can't give a policy with the new vin listed on it. They said the dealership is supposed to fax them something.

I tried to ask Tesla SA about delivery date and insurance and they mentioned "Tesla is part of the Drive Program and will send the Certificate of Origin and RTA to your insurance agency." I am confused what that means. I wrote back but it's been a couple days with no response.
I certainly made more money selling privately. FB marketplace is a great and easy way to sell a car with no transaction fees.

Just makes sure to do some googling to find out what exactly you need to do / provide / etc when selling a car in your state.

As a fellow Oregonian, I feel your pain.
Yeah, it doesnt work that way when you are producing 2K cars per day. Everything is (pre)planned and scheduled. Each truck has X amount of slots for cars. This isnt UPS whereby throwing in "one extra car to this truck" will do.

If you see a car you want now (suggest to take one before 5/1 if you want a fighting chance of getting the $2K DEQ's OCVRP rebate https://www.oregon.gov/deq/FilterDocs/EV-StandardRebatevehicles.pdf) In WA, I'd try to lock it down and chase the car down by ways of "Planes, Trains and Automobile".

cheers,

beewang
I picked a close match from Portland inventory on 4/7 and I have an estimated delivery 4/28 - 5/2, so I've got fingers crossed. Tesla has done a lot of things that "didn't work that way" until Tesla decided to do it, so I'm sure they could do it if they wanted to. I accept, though, that they don't do it now as I wait impatiently for delivery.

Reactions: beewang and Dr.O
If you had told me I would save 3K if I could wait another two or three weeks I would have been more than ok with that.If I had a crystal ball that worked, I would have probably popped for the Performance verion at 1K more than I paid. That extra 4K hike at the time combined with the slightly lower range wasn't enough to pull me over, but at these new prices I think I would have jumped. Granted The MYLR no P is still PLENTY.

Looks like there is a 3K silver lining to this cloud for those still waiting.

I am just going to enjoy my car and not think much about the price fluctuations. I am not about to mention any of it to my wife. Wouldn't do any good. Like someone else has said, prices are likely to lower yet again.

If I hadn't ordered 3-4 months ago though, I might be leaning more in the direction of waiting for the New Model Y in the Fall. If a new customer can take waiting to order for 6 more months the Y won't be the same car. Tough call. At this point I am more than content with my new car. Let the chips fall where they will.
Enjoy your cars guys!

Just be careful with Tesla Trade-in. Some users are complaining in other forums that they are actually getting a lot less than quoted price. I decided to go with CarMax or Carvana after the pickup.