Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had lunch with my brother-in-law today and checked out his new Austin-built Model Y he took delivery of yesterday. Overall, it appears to be well-assembled. I noticed the rear hatch was slightly off-center. I don't think that's something he'll ever notice, so I didn't say anything about it. I shared what I've learned over the past couple of weeks with him. I'm not a fan of the red - to me, it's too dark and isn't worth the $2,000 premium. I'd like it a lot more if it was similar to Mazda's Soul Red Crystal Metallic (see photo for comparison), which is about a fourth the price.

IMG_5463.jpg

MMP-23.jpg

I had lunch with my brother-in-law today and checked out his new Austin-built Model Y he took delivery of yesterday. Overall, it appears to be well-assembled. I noticed the rear hatch was slightly off-center. I don't think that's something he'll ever notice, so I didn't say anything about it. I shared what I've learned over the past couple of weeks with him. I'm not a fan of the red - to me, it's too dark and isn't worth the $2,000 premium. I'd like it a lot more if it was similar to Mazda's Soul Red Crystal Metallic (see photo for comparison), which is about a fourth the price.

View attachment 930925
MMP-23.jpg
The question everyone wants to know is if yours is $3000 better. Sorry. Too soon?

Enjoy the rides.

I like that you are right side up in the profile pic now.

The question everyone wants to know is if yours is $3000 better. Sorry. Too soon?
I've already forgotten about the $3,000 price drop and have been immensely enjoying my new Model Y. :)

They arrived home to discover their A/C unit's compressor exploded (literally), so that $3,000 refund will be applied toward the $4,100 repair. :(

Got the price reduction and a VIN all in one morning. 😊

MYP | Black Ext | Black Int | 21" | No Tow | No FSD
📍San Antonio

OD: 3/11
EDD: Mar - Apr 2023
EDD2: April 19 - May 24 (3/20)
EDD3: April 19 - May 3 (4/11)
VIN & $3k Reduction: (4/19)
EDD3: April 29 - May 8 (4/19)

The VIN came first. And where the EDD normally appears in the app, it said this with a "My Account" button underneath:

⚠️ Tesla is making changes that impact your order. Review details in your Tesla Account before proceeding.

When clicking through to my account, it takes me directly to the message below with a prompt underneath that to "Proceed with Delivery". When I clicked that essentially accepting the Tesla Vision message, and the app then gave me a new EDD (above):

Tesla Vision
We have taken the next step in Tesla vision. Your vehicle now fully relies on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability. This new approach will enable improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. With this move, your Model Y is no longer equipped with ultrasonic sensors, which will temporarily impact the availability of some features like Park Assist, Autopark, Summon and Smart Summon. In the future, these features will be restored via over-the-air software updates.
MYP | Black Ext | Black Int | 21" | No Tow | No FSD
📍San Antonio

OD: 3/11
EDD: Mar - Apr 2023
EDD2: April 19 - May 24 (3/20)
EDD3: April 19 - May 3 (4/11)
VIN & $3k Reduction: (4/19)
EDD3: April 29 - May 8 (4/19)
EDD3½: May 3 (4/22)*

* I received 3 texts in 3 days from the (510) area code number requesting I add my financing info. I ignored them all waiting on the EDD3 day to get closer. The SA finally added his own message telling me to go ahead and move forward because the car is scheduled to arrive on May 3rd. App hasn't changed, but I've got it on my calendar now. 🤞

The NJ charge up discount, it's showing for me now again, but the delivery won't be happening I believe before 1st May. Anyone knows if delivery has to be before 1st may for that?
I'm not so sure. If you go to the NJ sure it's states application sure by May 1st and includes orders. My hope is that Tesla came to their senses and applied for all of us that ordered before April 17th.

Reactions: erktrek
MYLR R/B 19", northeast PA
OD 1/22
VIN 4/4, Austin build.
Pick up day today (4/22).

Overall car seemed very good but some potential gap issues. Got one on my "record" while there, then of course found another potentially worse one once I got home. Dealer is an hour away so not optimal to go back but am happy to finally have the car. Was like most of you feeling like I was cursed and it would never actually show up!. Attached is the worst, top of car, rear passenger side.

Attachments

• IMG_0799.jpg
    IMG_0799.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 50
So.... I got a hold of an awesome advisor that let me schedule a delivery appointment for after I get back from AZ. He said my car gets there this Wednesday, 4/26 and they usually only like to have them on the lot for 7 days or less, but he is making an exception since it's only 4 days more. Such a great person to deal with and Im so fortunate to have spoken to him. I was getting NO replies from the 510 text, so I called and left a message at my delivery center and he called me back a few hours later. Oh yeah, still haven't told my wife I even ordered the car. My plan is to take her for a "road trip" at which point we turn in the 13 year old mini van for the beautiful MYLR in blue ;)

OD 1/26 | MYLR blue/black/19/tow | NY
EDD1 (2/1): Mar 14-31 | EDD2 (2/14): Apr 10-May 22 | EDD3 (2/22): Apr 08-May 13 | EDD4 (3/7): Mar 15-31| EDD5 (3/16): Mar 19-31 | EDD6 (3/20): Apr 22-May 27 | EDD7 (4/11): Apr 22 - May 6 | VIN 4/15 Fremont-EDD 4/30-5/8

So..... Oh yeah, still haven't told my wife I even ordered the car.
These are the stories that make life great! 👍👍 Hope all goes well with the plan! We are getting our MY for 25th anniversary. Figured it was time to try something out of the ordinary for us. Always been a muscle car, hot rod, sport truck family. So why not live a little with an EV is basically a gokart that is decently quick!

Checked the Tesla app this morning and the EDD was May-June! Then, around 4:00pm received text and email from Tesla in which they asked me to schedule the delivery by Friday, 4/28! The VIN was assigned this afternoon at the same time. Here is the info:

OD: 2/2
MYLR/White/Black/19"/5/No hitch
Central OH

Apparently, I'll get a Fremont built.
My question is which one is better really, Fremont or Austin? Any noticeable differences? overall quality? battery? performance? noise? Or I shouldn't bother my head at this point.

Thank you in advance.

My Amazon hubcap showed up! Replace the factory 19 inch hubcap with these ... Luv it!!

View attachment 930566
Looks great! The style matches the 20 inch induction wheels.

I'm debating on whether to get induction or uberturbine style wheel covers for my MY's 19-inch wheels. Don't like how the induction wheel covers have larger gaps so might go with the ladder option. I currently have aftermarket black Gemini wheel covers which I installed a week after picking up my MY.

Hey Tesla community, I have a quick question about pre-conditioning the battery on my Model Y. Do I need to do it every single time I drive the car, or just in the mornings? And what about on the weekends when I may go out at random times? I want to make sure I'm taking the best care of my battery and getting the most out of it. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!