Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arrived to the Paramus location right at my pickup time. Pickup was interesting; I had to walk the lot until I found the car. Everything was done in the app - there was NO human from the showroom who walked me through anything. I did have an issue where Plaid wasn't connected to my bank account even though I had already gone through the process. 5 tense minutes later, the car was paid for.

I did run the entire "external" potion of the github checklist before making payment and did not find anything wrong with the car. Once unlocked, I continued to run the remainder of the checklist and did not find anything wrong.

Overall, it's a great car.

As previously mentioned, Paramus told me that they no longer open the tow hitch cover as they were scratching too many of them and were forced to replace them. The person there recommended that I but they tools to open the cover (which, HEY TESLA, if they're telling me to buy them they should come standard) which I already have. They should arrive today (supposed to arrive Saturday but UPS lost the package) so I can confirm the hitch is there.

Thursday the car will be fully wrapped in a glossy PPF (and they're also doing the screen in a matte protector).

And now I wait to have the home charger installed - that's more waiting on my town to decide what they're going to do (I don't have off street parking) than anything else. Already started the paperwork with PSE&G and have the electrician (one that I normally use) coming out to start that paperwork with them.

Overall, a great car and a decent pick-up experience.

If there are any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
What tool did you get for the tow hitch cover? That 3d printed one that looks like a ring with a couple tabs sticking out?

What tool did you get for the tow hitch cover? That 3d printed one that looks like a ring with a couple tabs sticking out?
I think this is the REAL solution:

Hey all! Reporting back... whelp on my way to the SC my wife sends me a txt that she got the schedule delivery msg.. of course. We take delivery May 2nd.

The whole SC parking lot was completely filled - there was no parking available for customers. It really is a bad location being right on Rt 70 and a very narrow property - essentially one lane going around the building with limited available spaces. Initially got stuck in the parking lot because a flatbed truck couldn't get out due to a customer who had simply left her car in the middle of the lane (no doubt she was frustrated as well). This took about 10 mins to sort out - the truck driver apologized (not his fault) and an employee that walked by did too abd said they have raised the space issue but nothing could be done for this location. Ultimately had to park on a secondary street a little bit away which was fine.

The visit itself was absolutely worthless... Showroom was completely empty except for 3 SAs. The SA I spoke with was friendly but seemingly clueless and parroting the line "we know what you know" which is disingenuous at best and insulting at worst. They have more resources to find out info then we do and certainly their supervisor should have more access / could find out via internal means. Sigh, no sign of anyone going the extra mile at this SC. Did find out that our car may be delivered the 28th but could be late. I was hoping it had been delivered so I could maybe snap some pics but no go.

The gist of it is you will receive an email like @L1TR said. Since our pickup is after May 1st we will be sending a request to the rebate email address beforehand but are not hopeful and will likely get billed $2K by Tesla after the fact. From what I am reading NJ says the paperwork must be filed by May 1st but the Tesla folks could offer no insight. Understandably they don't want to promise something they can't deliver on BUT that is not the same as being knowledgeable about their own internal policies / contacts and providing useful customer assistance.

Btw they want to charge $70 to install the roof rack at time of pickup or via remote service..

The best service is no service indeed...

Last edited:
Hey all! Reporting back... whelp on my way to the SC my wife sends me a txt that she got the schedule delivery msg.. of course. We take delivery May 2nd.

The whole SC parking lot was completely filled - there was no parking available for customers. It really is a bad location being right on Rt 70 and a very narrow property - essentially one lane going around the building with limited available spaces. Initially got stuck in the parking lot because a flatbed truck couldn't get out due to a customer who had simply left her car in the middle of the lane (no doubt she was frustrated as well). This took about 10 mins to sort out - the truck driver apologized (not his fault) and an employee that walked by did too abd said they have raised the space issue but nothing could be done for this location. Ultimately had to park on a secondary street a little bit away which was fine.

The visit itself was absolutely worthless... Showroom was completely empty except for 3 SAs. The SA I spoke with was friendly but seemingly clueless and parroting the line "we know what you know" which is disingenuous at best and insulting at worst. They have more resources to find out info then we do and certainly their supervisor should have more access / could find out via internal means. Sigh, no sign of anyone going the extra mile at this SC. Did find out that our car may be delivered the 28th but could be late. I was hoping it had been delivered so I could maybe snap some pics but no go.

The gist of it is you will receive an email like @L1TR said. Since our pickup is after May 1st we will be sending a request to the rebate email address beforehand but are not hopeful and will likely get billed $2K by Tesla after the fact. From what I am reading NJ says the paperwork must be filed by May 1st but the Tesla folks could offer no insight. Understandably they don't want to promise something they can't deliver on BUT that is not the same as being knowledgeable about their own internal policies / contacts and providing useful customer assistance.

Btw they want to charge $70 to install the roof rack at time of pickup or via remote service..

Congrats on a delivery date!!!

Thanks for the update and exciting that you now have a solid DD.

It is really sad they have no information or have been informed to say the least amount they can so they cannot be held to anything.

I emailed the rebate email and let's see if we get responses. Hopefully they send the rebate form as we really should be able to get it. Orders not delivered yet still qualify from the way I read it. To me, that is why the rebate shows back up on our accounts.

Thanks for the update and exciting that you now have a solid DD.

It is really sad they have no information or have been informed to say the least amount they can so they cannot be held to anything.

I emailed the rebate email and let's see if we get responses. Hopefully they send the rebate form as we really should be able to get it. Orders not delivered yet still qualify from the way I read it. To me, that is why the rebate shows back up on our accounts.
Yeah am semi excited but still getting over the lackluster visit - they really need to up their customer service game at the showroom - not doing Tesla any favors though arguably we're already locked in so why should they care. I'll get over it.

I just emailed as well. Will let everyone know if I hear anything.

Reactions: Skunis
Yeah am semi excited but still getting over the lackluster visit - they really need to up their customer service game at the showroom - not doing Tesla any favors though arguably we're already locked in so why should they care. I'll get over it.

Yeah, I have to say that I always had similar experiences when visiting the store or SC. Their customer service is quite disappointing. I could understand it if they were really busy, but like you I always found the stores empty.

Reactions: imgcs and erktrek

I remember that SC. I had to use them once for service before Princeton. They were ok.

The one thing I remember is my car had some damage on one of the rims. I did not notice it as they delivered the car to me and it was raining. When I did notice it, it was after the 100 miles or 72 hours when I took the aero covers off to put the cap and lug nut caps on when they were delivered. I reached out to the SC and told them about it. I described it as curb rash (probably was not the best way to describe it) and they accused me of doing it myself. The manager of that SC back then was no help and just refused to fix it (only $150). There was no way to appeal to Tesla as they let their SCs run themselves. It was a horrible experience and I found a picture years later that I zoomed in on the day of delivery that shows the damage to the rim.

Needless to say, I will be inspecting the Model Y with a fine tooth comb! LOL!

Send an email to "[email protected]". Yesterday (around 11pm) I received an email with small paper to be signed. Say them, you didn't receive anything yet.
Hello ,

Due to the program nearly out of available funding. Please submit these documents by 04/27/23 so we are able to submit your application by the May 1st program deadline. The program makes mp guarantee that your order will be eligible for the incentive but is allowing Tesla to submit the application for review.

We do apologize for the short turnaround time but due to the program funding availability, we want to ensure you are able to receive the incentive as stated in your contract.

Thank you for placing an order for a Model 3/Y! In order for you to receive the incentive and for Tesla to reserve the amount to the CUNJ Program, we would need the following:

-Signed Terms and Conditions for CUNJ
Note: This VIN may be different than what you are matched to as it is a placeholder the State programs requires due to the vehicle not being fully delivered at the time of this email. This will be adjusted once the vehicle has been delivered.

-Valid New Jersey Driver License

Attached is both the Terms and Conditions Packet and the signature page specific to your Model 3/Y order.

If we do not receive the License and executed Terms and Conditions by the deadline, we cannot guarantee that you will receive the incentive at time of delivery.

If all required documents are not collected and submitted to the program your application will be voided. If this occurs, Tesla will invoice you, as reimbursement for the rebate amount deducted at the time of purchase.

Please reply to this email with the signed copy of the terms and conditions.

Thank you!
just sent an email as well, as i also didn't receive anything. I hope they respond soon, thanks for sharing this info!

Reactions: Skunis and erktrek
I don't know. For me, the Gemini covers look as good, if not better, than any of the aftermarket covers. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Yes! Of course.. and I do need more ppl who like the Gemini Wheel covers, cuz I need to unload them on EBAY :p

Looks like I can get $50 each on ebay and that is what I'll be doing this weekend. :)

beewang

Tesla customer service agents are useless. Hard to find any information. FYI, my email also has this note. Please DM if you are interested in full email details.
Note: This VIN may be different than what you are matched to as it is a placeholder the State programs requires due to the vehicle not being fully delivered at the time of this email. This will be adjusted once the vehicle has been delivered.

Reactions: Skunis and erktrek

This above right there is proof to me that we all qualify. They can put a placeholder VIN and update it when the car is delivered.

This above right there is proof to me that we all qualify. They can put a placeholder VIN and update it when the car is delivered.
I suspect that our order will just miss the cut and we will lose the discount. No confidence in the process at this point.

Preparing for the worst, hoping for the best..

I suspect that our order will just miss the cut and we will lose the discount. No confidence in the process at this point.

Preparing for the worst, hoping for the best..
I do agree with you. It really should be easy for them to pull all orders from NJ and send this email and form out.

They just do not seem to care and go back to the agreement that gives them an out where they do not warranty we will get any discount.

Reactions: erktrek and imgcs
I think this is the REAL solution:

That is a great solution! I've been kind of wondering what I'm doing to do with that with regards to using a bike rack. Pulling it off regularly seems like a recipe for broken tabs and scratches. And just leaving it off is ugly and sloppy looking. I ride a few times per week usually so taking the cover on and off is way more hassle than I'm interested in so this product would have been perfect- if they weren't sold out like @Davcenmt2 said.

I checked on Amazon and they don't sell that thing unfortunately. Next best thing I guess is buy another cover ($32 on Amazon) and dremel a cutout in it. Since it's just a bike rack I don't need access to the wiring harness receptacle so a 2x2 square hole would work. But it won't come out looking as nice as that one you linked. What are you planning to do? Also need it for bike rack?