Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• IMG_2792.jpeg
    IMG_2792.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2793.jpeg
    IMG_2793.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: Diamond_Dogs23
How do you know the built day? I texted asking, but crickets :(
Three sources:

1) It was listed under Dates > Factory Build Date on WaitingForTesla.com.
2) Tesla told me during a phone call while I was switching from an order to an inventory build that it was built that day and sitting at a rail yard in Austin waiting to be transported and dropped off in Dallas the next day.
3) The same date was also listed on the manufacturer's certificate of origin that was included in the self-registration packet that I received a week after I took delivery.

Three sources:

1) It was listed under Dates > Factory Build Date on WaitingForTesla.com.
2) Tesla told me during a phone call while I was switching from an order to an inventory build that it was built that day and sitting at rail yard in Austin waiting to be transported to Dallas the next day.
3) The same date was also listed on the manufacturer's certificate of origin that was included in the self-registration packet that I received a week after I took delivery.
Did you get charged a fee for using Plaid?

Thanks, that's good info. My wife swears they will accept a regular check.. will verify tomorrow though.
The day before delivery, the 510 number texted me to verify I was paying cash. I said yes and they said "you can pay final balance through the app directly or via a cashier's check." I've read in other forums where people paid with their own check though. I think Tesla probably just takes the info off the check and does some verification of funds process with the bank, but I don't know that for sure. I see people already covered this.

As for plaid, it didn't say there was a fee. And at least for my bank, you never provide plaid with your bank credentials. It sent me to my bank's app, I put credentials there (actually just face recognition), and my bank sent a token to plaid. This is similar to OAuth where the site you're authenticating to never gets your login credentials. Of course maybe other banks aren't as well integrated and you may have to put username/password directly to plaid- I would avoid that too. Or just change your password after, but better to keep both secret with the token exchange they used in my case.

Last edited:
Pick up went great, more details to follow when I’m in front of a computer. if you have a tow hitch, the Paramus location will not take the cover off to verify that the tow hitch was installed.
Arrived to the Paramus location right at my pickup time. Pickup was interesting; I had to walk the lot until I found the car. Everything was done in the app - there was NO human from the showroom who walked me through anything. I did have an issue where Plaid wasn't connected to my bank account even though I had already gone through the process. 5 tense minutes later, the car was paid for.

I did run the entire "external" potion of the github checklist before making payment and did not find anything wrong with the car. Once unlocked, I continued to run the remainder of the checklist and did not find anything wrong.

Overall, it's a great car.

As previously mentioned, Paramus told me that they no longer open the tow hitch cover as they were scratching too many of them and were forced to replace them. The person there recommended that I but they tools to open the cover (which, HEY TESLA, if they're telling me to buy them they should come standard) which I already have. They should arrive today (supposed to arrive Saturday but UPS lost the package) so I can confirm the hitch is there.

Thursday the car will be fully wrapped in a glossy PPF (and they're also doing the screen in a matte protector).

And now I wait to have the home charger installed - that's more waiting on my town to decide what they're going to do (I don't have off street parking) than anything else. Already started the paperwork with PSE&G and have the electrician (one that I normally use) coming out to start that paperwork with them.

Overall, a great car and a decent pick-up experience.

If there are any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Any pics?? :) - am going to the SC today to verify details of the NJ $2K paperwork.. I guess you didn't have to do anything?
Send an email to "[email protected]". Yesterday (around 11pm) I received an email with small paper to be signed. Say them, you didn't receive anything yet.
Hello ,

Due to the program nearly out of available funding. Please submit these documents by 04/27/23 so we are able to submit your application by the May 1st program deadline. The program makes mp guarantee that your order will be eligible for the incentive but is allowing Tesla to submit the application for review.

We do apologize for the short turnaround time but due to the program funding availability, we want to ensure you are able to receive the incentive as stated in your contract.

Thank you for placing an order for a Model 3/Y! In order for you to receive the incentive and for Tesla to reserve the amount to the CUNJ Program, we would need the following:

-Signed Terms and Conditions for CUNJ
Note: This VIN may be different than what you are matched to as it is a placeholder the State programs requires due to the vehicle not being fully delivered at the time of this email. This will be adjusted once the vehicle has been delivered.

-Valid New Jersey Driver License

Attached is both the Terms and Conditions Packet and the signature page specific to your Model 3/Y order.

If we do not receive the License and executed Terms and Conditions by the deadline, we cannot guarantee that you will receive the incentive at time of delivery.

If all required documents are not collected and submitted to the program your application will be voided. If this occurs, Tesla will invoice you, as reimbursement for the rebate amount deducted at the time of purchase.

Please reply to this email with the signed copy of the terms and conditions.

Thank you!

Send an email to "[email protected]". Yesterday (around 11pm) I received an email with small paper to be signed. Say them, you didn't receive anything yet.
Hello ,

Due to the program nearly out of available funding. Please submit these documents by 04/27/23 so we are able to submit your application by the May 1st program deadline. The program makes mp guarantee that your order will be eligible for the incentive but is allowing Tesla to submit the application for review.

We do apologize for the short turnaround time but due to the program funding availability, we want to ensure you are able to receive the incentive as stated in your contract.

Thank you for placing an order for a Model 3/Y! In order for you to receive the incentive and for Tesla to reserve the amount to the CUNJ Program, we would need the following:

-Signed Terms and Conditions for CUNJ
Note: This VIN may be different than what you are matched to as it is a placeholder the State programs requires due to the vehicle not being fully delivered at the time of this email. This will be adjusted once the vehicle has been delivered.

-Valid New Jersey Driver License

Attached is both the Terms and Conditions Packet and the signature page specific to your Model 3/Y order.

If we do not receive the License and executed Terms and Conditions by the deadline, we cannot guarantee that you will receive the incentive at time of delivery.

If all required documents are not collected and submitted to the program your application will be voided. If this occurs, Tesla will invoice you, as reimbursement for the rebate amount deducted at the time of purchase.

Please reply to this email with the signed copy of the terms and conditions.

Thank you!
Just sent an email.