Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just fyi for those of you who live in places with snow/mud but didn't get mud flaps and PPF installed by your service center and want to DIY- the mud flaps can be easily installed by a complete halfwit in 3 minutes on the first side and 1-2 minutes on the second side and look great:

2F489A70-F6AE-42E0-A61F-93F1294589E6 Small.jpeg

If that same halfwit is impatient and installs the PPF outside after dark (cause the garage is full of garbage and no room to pull a car in), it might come out looking like a halfwit did it after dark 😅

50E764DA-4E5E-4B0C-B429-EC64EBAF10D4 Medium.jpeg

The edges are aligned nicely because I, I mean the halfwit not me 😅, could feel the edges with his fingers and make sure they were lined up nicely. Maybe the slip solution was too soapy (I think it was), or maybe he just shouldn't have done it in the dark because you miss small bubbles that way. If you go this route, maybe don't make the solution quite as soapy as they say, and don't do it after sunset just cause it's hot outside during the day.

Any pics?? :) - am going to the SC today to verify details of the NJ $2K paperwork.. I guess you didn't have to do anything?
I'm still waiting for the paperwork from the state; Tesla rep said the bundle of papers I had to sign did not include that paperwork and it would be emailed to me.

Pics after I get the PPF installed; that happens on Thursday.

What are you planning to do? Also need it for bike rack?

Until the CyberTruk shows up, I will use a trailer to haul things once in a while. Other than that, I am really looking for a multi-functional rack that can be for Bikes and Skis (thinking like the old Yakima roof rack but for hitch). If anyone comes across a good multi-functional Hitch Rack, please let me know! :)

beewang

Reactions: erktrek
Note: This VIN may be different than what you are matched to as it is a placeholder the State programs requires due to the vehicle not being fully delivered at the time of this email. This will be adjusted once the vehicle has been delivered.

This above right there is proof to me that we all qualify. They can put a placeholder VIN and update it when the car is delivered.
This is such a load of crap... They told me that they couldn't do exactly that last week. i.e. put placeholders unless the vehicle was being picked up.

Email just came in ~2 hours ago for the NJ state rebate.

Cool! So my wife just got the same rebate email, she signed the required page and we scanned it in and sent it back. Wonder if this was all that was needed also wonder if the email I sent prompting them earlier did something..

@Skunis did you get the rebate email yet?

Anyone know why the Tesla Location under the registration tab shows a location that is farther than the closest one to us? It was originally showing Tesla Littleton and is now showing Tesla Aurora, however Littleton is much closer to our registration and living address for delivery.

Anyone know why the Tesla Location under the registration tab shows a location that is farther than the closest one to us? It was originally showing Tesla Littleton and is now showing Tesla Aurora, however Littleton is much closer to our registration and living address for delivery.

Just call them and tell them the delivery center you want to pick-up your ordered car. Its not a problem during the order process. It only becomes a problem that they have the car designated to Center "B" and you wanted to move it to Center "A".
Cheers!

beewang

Reactions: erktrek