Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Mobile Connector I have used for the last two weeks was more than adequate for my needs, but I just couldn't stand not having the capability to charge at the maximum rate at home "just in case", so I installed a Wall Connector this evening. I used my last two breaker spaces. I left the industrial NEMA 14-50 receptacle that I installed for the Mobile Connector a few months ago...in case I decide to get into...welding. ;)

IMG_5484.JPG
IMG_5475.JPG

IMG_5478.JPG

IMG_5481.JPG

Last edited:
I was asked to select the delivery date one of these Apr 27 - 29th dates. Today I got a text saying car is ready and I can schedule the delivery anytime. I have changed my delivery date from Apr 28th to 27th. It’s a Austin build. I heard Austin build has some issues, wondering if anybody can tell me what to inspect? Also, what to check during the delivery? I appreciate any advise. Thanks.🙏

Reactions: Skunis and zroger73
Until the CyberTruk shows up, I will use a trailer to haul things once in a while. Other than that, I am really looking for a multi-functional rack that can be for Bikes and Skis (thinking like the old Yakima roof rack but for hitch). If anyone comes across a good multi-functional Hitch Rack, please let me know! :)

beewang
The Tesla bike rack has a ski/snowboard attachment you can add on. It's a rebranded Yakima though (I forget the model name) and you can get the exact same rack with ski/snowboard attachment for quite a bit cheaper if you don't pay the Tesla Tax.

In my case, I didn't do that because that rack only holds straight tube bikes, which my ebike is not. I opted for the 1UP super duty rack because the ebike is 52 lbs. To me it's a much better setup because it can hold bikes of all shapes and sizes and you don't have to worry about them swinging into your car if you have to slam on the brakes. It's actually cheaper just to buy a separate dedicated ski rack as well, although it's more stuff to store between seasons.

Reactions: erktrek and beewang
The Mobile Connector I have used for the last two weeks was more than adequate for my needs, but I just couldn't stand not having the capability to charge at the maximum rate at home "just in case", so I installed a Wall Connector this evening. I used my last two breaker spaces. I left the industrial NEMA 14-50 receptacle that I installed for the Mobile Connector a few months ago...in case I decide to get into...welding. ;)

View attachment 931928View attachment 931929
View attachment 931930
View attachment 931931
Looks pro-grade! With those fat wires you won't have to worry about it getting hot.

I was asked to select the delivery date one of these Apr 27 - 29th dates. Today I got a text saying car is ready and I can schedule the delivery anytime. I have changed my delivery date from Apr 28th to 27th. It’s a Austin build. I heard Austin build has some issues, wondering if anybody can tell me what to inspect? Also, what to check during the delivery? I appreciate any advise. Thanks.🙏
Mine was an Austin build and it only had one minor problem, I was very happy with it. I picked it up yesterday and posted some details here Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023. It includes the checklist I used, which I liked. Hope it helps.

I was asked to select the delivery date one of these Apr 27 - 29th dates. Today I got a text saying car is ready and I can schedule the delivery anytime. I have changed my delivery date from Apr 28th to 27th. It’s an Austin build. I heard Austin build has some issues, wondering if anybody can tell me what to inspect? Also, what to check during the delivery? I appreciate any advise. Thanks.🙏
There are some videos posted online what to check (checklist). There was also a post today from someone who rejected a car on one of the TESLA Model Y FB pages. He posted pics of gap issues, headlight fitment issue, weatherstrip was wrinkled and not sealing to roof/hatch, and tail light was not aligned properly.

Reactions: erktrek and tpjmy
I picked the car up on Saturday and it took until today (this afternoon) to get the email.
In my case the delivery date is post 1May, so I sent the email myself asking paperwork as suggested by few others. Seems they got response with paperwork (their delivery date was also after 1May), hoping I also get tomorrow. Or else need to do something else may try calling Tesla

Reactions: erktrek and Skunis

View attachment 931928View attachment 931929
View attachment 931930
View attachment 931931
You should check to see if your local utility offers "off-peak" charging rates now that you have the home adapter.

Reactions: erktrek
You should check to see if your local utility offers "off-peak" charging rates now that you have the home adapter.
I pay the same rate (currently about 11¢/kWh) around the clock. The rates vary slightly by season (cheapest in the Winter and highest in the Summer) and there are sometimes tiered rates. My utility company recently upgraded to "smart meters" that eliminated the need for drive-by meter readings and also allow near real-time usage statistics and remote (dis)/(re)connects. I suspect, however, this move is part of a plan to eventually introduce time and demand-based billing to their service area.

My Ridgeline averaged 21 MPG. At $3.20/gallon (87 octane), gasoline costs 15.2¢/mile.

My Miata averages 34 MPG. At $4.50/gallon (93 octane), gasoline costs 13.2¢/mile.

Electricity for the first 756 miles in my Model Y has cost 3.3¢/mile.

The most fuel-efficient gasoline-powered vehicle I ever owned was a Honda Grom motorcycle that averaged 106 MPG which is not much cheaper per mile than the Model Y at 3.0¢/mile. 🏍️

For those that have accepted delivery already...does the MVPA eventually show up in our documents on the Tesla site? I'm submitting my application for Delaware's EV rebate but they require a copy of the 'sales slip.' I don't see the MVPA yet in my docs, just the order agreement and loan agreement. It's been a week since I accepted delivery and deadline for the app is 4/30.

I pay the same rate (currently about 11¢/kWh) around the clock. The rates vary slightly by season (cheapest in the Winter and highest in the Summer) and there are sometimes tiered rates. My utility company recently upgraded to "smart meters" that eliminated the need for drive-by meter readings and also allow near real-time usage statistics and remote (dis)/(re)connects. I suspect, however, this move is part of a plan to eventually introduce time and demand-based billing to their service area.

My Ridgeline averaged 21 MPG. At $3.20/gallon (87 octane), gasoline costs 15.2¢/mile.

My Miata averages 34 MPG. At $4.50/gallon (93 octane), gasoline costs 13.2¢/mile.

Electricity for the first 756 miles in my Model Y has cost 3.3¢/mile.

The most fuel-efficient gasoline-powered vehicle I ever owned was a Honda Grom motorcycle that averaged 106 MPG which is not much cheaper per mile than the Model Y at 3.0¢/mile. 🏍️
In the Bay Area, PG&E's cheapest plan for EV charges $.57 per KWH peak and $.26 off-peak (12 am to 3 pm), in the summer. Solar panels are the best accessories for EV owners who also own their homes.

In the Bay Area, PG&E's cheapest plan for EV charges $.57 per KWH peak and $.26 off-peak (12 am to 3 pm), in the summer. Solar panels are the best accessories for EV owners who also own their homes.
About $0.39 flat rate in MA at the moment. Fortunate to have free workplace EV charging.

Also got solar + powerwall at home about 5 years ago that roughly breaks even with the house needs. Really glad to have that too.