Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this one...

Looks great, fits perfectly - also got the "hidden" one for the armrest. Not sure what we will use that one for though but it works and adds even more space. Maybe title/insurance etc.
This looks really good. Another thing to put in my cart lol.

Did you get anything for the armrest itself besides the hidden one? I thought I heard that Tesla does not provide the little tray anymore (I have one in my 2019 M3).

In terms of the hubcaps - I have not put them on yet. The stock ones look really nice on close inspection.
I originally selected the 19" wheels, but later changed to 20" based on the appearance and possibility of accelerating my order (which didn't work) and I'm glad I did because I love the way they look and they're so easy to clean. I must admit that the 19" wheels looked better in person when I saw them on other Model Ys on my delivery day.
After adding the car to our WiFi I did kick off an OTA which took about 20 mins or so.. during the process made some really weird noises but looks like everything worked.
If I didn't already know what to expect before my first software update, I might would have called a priest!
On the downside I think my wife is secretly getting excited and may actually start to love the car which is ruining my devious plan to end up as the primary drive
Haha! I fear this will happen to my brother-in-law as well - his husband has taken quite the liking to their new Model Y and seems to have kicked his new RAV4 Hybrid to the curb after driving it. :)

I originally selected the 19" wheels, but later changed to 20" based on the appearance and possibility of accelerating my order (which didn't work) and I'm glad I did because I love the way they look and they're so easy to clean. I must admit that the 19" wheels looked better in person when I saw them on other Model Ys on my delivery day.

If I didn't already know what to expect before my first software update, I might would have called a priest!

Haha! I fear this will happen to my brother-in-law as well - his husband has taken quite the liking to their new Model Y and seems to have kicked his new RAV4 Hybrid to the curb after driving it. :)
Hey Roge!!

1) you need this for your 20 inch wheels!! MagBak RimCase for Tesla Model 3 & Y (4 Pack)

2) Hybrid is sooo 2010... It was great 15 years ago. But now??!! Its dumb!! I realized this 5 years ago and unloaded my Chevy Volt Plug-In Hybrid. Carrying 2 powertrains is just dumb in today's world. Toyota and Honda still wants to latched onto their revenues from selling parts and services to the ICE engine, which is the reason why they are pitching the Rav4 PHEV Hybrid. May they both go out of business soon.

cheers!!

beewang

Model Y LR / Midnight Silver Exterior / Black White Interior / 5 seats
SRB, FL
OD: 4/24
EDD: 5/3-5/17
EDD2: May-June. :mad:
Financing: None
VIN: NA

Was hoping it was going to be soon, looking like it's pushing out . . .
C'mon @pkmody most of us waited well over 90 days for our cars. ,😁

Looks like you should have your car with the 30 days. And you getting a better pricing.. what are you complaining about 😆

Cheers

beewang

C'mon @pkmody most of us waited well over 90 days for our cars. ,😁

Looks like you should have your car with the 30 days. And you getting a better pricing.. what are you complaining about 😆

Cheers

beewang
Oh, I know. It's just the anticipation . . . Then the "crap, they pushed the date". Looking at posts here, it appears to be the norm. I tweeted Elon asking if there was really an algorithm behind the EDD or was it just random . . . Amazingly, he didn't reply immediately. :D

it does not appear you can add your wall charger to the Tesla app, at least I couldn't find how to do it.
If you want to use a plug in or similar charger at home, you want to make sure your home address is listed in your profile, and you might also like to designate your home in the navigation section.

Then when you charge at home, it will show up as home in the charging stats.

• Informative
Reactions: LetsGoElectric
Congrats! Looks awesome!
I think there are fewer problems than the posts would indicate. OK, the right lower side of my hatch sits a hair deeper than the left. The top of the glass in the middle is slightly higher than the roofline. And there were a couple of little tags of plastic that were left after detailing.

Want me to tell you about my '73 Pinto or '74 Mustang II?

This is nothing.

If you want to use a plug in or similar charger at home, you want to make sure your home address is listed in your profile, and you might also like to designate your home in the navigation section.

Then when you charge at home, it will show up as home in the charging stats.
Yeah good point. Before I did that it was showing my neighbors address for a bit as our garage is ever so slightly behind their house. I think what I (and maybe @groenqueen) was looking for was more control from the app like the ability to allow/disallow charging, manual updates, general info etc.

Yeah good point. Before I did that it was showing my neighbors address for a bit as our garage is ever so slightly behind their house. I think what I (and maybe @groenqueen) was looking for was more control from the app like the ability to allow/disallow charging, manual updates, general info etc.
Yup, that was what I was hoping for. But not big deal, I think.

Reactions: erktrek
I went to the SC today to sign the papers. @rjackey I asked about the flaps/ppf and they said that they put them in. They must have forgotten to put yours.
Thanks for that - I will add that to my service ticket when they adjust the hatch next week. Might also have them check the headlight aim, I think they're too high and I got flashed a few times by oncoming cars yesterday.

Reactions: groenqueen

Can confirm the 20" wheels are very easy to clean. Just detailed the Y yesterday at home and was dreading the wheels, it was easy and they look great.

Reactions: zroger73