Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazon shows 6 days for me - just like Best Buy. Yes, I have Prime and no, it's not worth it because I hardly ever watch Prime Video and I no longer buy near as much from Amazon as I used to. Amazon used to be cheaper and faster - now, they're the same or higher and slower. :)

It's a shame that on a brand new 50k car that you have to deal with this crap. I also notice from your pics, driver's side rear hatch gap too large, and there appears to be a paint drip on the outer lip. I'm done with any future Tesla's until they improve the quality.
Yup. Looks like most of the cars have issues. I just dropped off my car to fix a panel gap and door flush issues. Heard stories about “it’s within specs”. To my surprise, they didn't ask me any questions, they will fix it by tomorrow. They gave me a $100 Uber voucher as they don't have Loaners.

Amazon shows 6 days for me - just like Best Buy. Yes, I have Prime and no, it's not worth it because I hardly ever watch Prime Video and I no longer buy near as much from Amazon as I used to. Amazon used to be cheaper and faster - now, they're the same or higher and slower. :)
Saturday delivery for NJ folks and 5% off. I picked Amazon :)

1683235460659.png

Dont you have a car now that has insurance coverage? All I did was to upload my current insurance policy. I think my state requires my existing insurance company to cover any new vehicles I purchased and I have 30 days to report to the InsureCo.

beewang
Same here in NJ. They wanted something that had the car VIN.

I'm sure it would have been fine but I was able to get the letter so all good.

Reactions: erktrek
I do agree with this for the most part.

Eventually, they have to figure out the fit and finish part. I am not sure what that proper timing is for them to start maturing as a car manufacturer but they will need to do it over the next 5 years.
The problem with Tesla isn't that they lack the ability and assembly process to build a quality car. It's that they are currently so hell bent on meeting production demands that they have thrown QC out the window. This is evident by just looking at the difference in delivered vehicles, some very good, some not so much. The problem is that they're just pumping them out and shipping and letting the customer deal with it. They need assembly line inspection before they ship. ARE YOU LISTENING TESLA?

How long did it take for those who ordered the wall connector to get it? I ordered on Sunday and it still has yet to ship. This is holding up my application to PSEG and electrician work.

Finalized with electrician. Would not budge on price and was inline with the other electrician so just book the guy.
Mine took 10 days from order to delivery. That doesn't sound too bad, but I got one email when it shipped and then no tracking updates for 5 days which felt like an eternity. We had the electrician scheduled to install it the day before my Tesla delivery and I was stressed that we'd have to reschedule. Luckily the charger arrived the night before the install date.

Reactions: zroger73 and Skunis
The second rattle was the front, lower corner of front passenger door card that needed to be re-seated. It is now bank-vault quiet.
Well, that "fix" only lasted a week and a half. This evening, the super-annoying buzz/rattle returned as loud as ever.

I used a trim tool to gently pull the bottom of the door card away from the door where it rattled when I gently tapped it with my fingers and this screw fell out!

It was probably just an extra screw that got dropped down into the door during assembly - I've found several extra screws and fasteners in automobiles over the years.

From the driver's seat, it was impossible to tell exactly where the rattle was coming from.

Now, it's fixed!

IMG_5508.JPG

First post here... been lurking for a few weeks.

Yes another NJ-ite here

OD: 4/4
MYLR 5 seat
Midnight Silver
w/ hitch

ODD: April - June
April 13 - updated to May 26 - June 30
Today in the afternoon - updated with a VIN and DD of May 16- May 23

Texas build
Interesting! Wonder how the random Tesla ordering system works.

I ordered that exact same configuration on 1/30 in the Seattle area.

Had the following EDD updates
Feb - March
April 16th - May 20th
April 15tg - May 13th
April 26th - May 10th
May 4th - 18th

Still no VIN. May the 4th was not with me. lol.

Reactions: groenqueen
Also, anyone tried Drive protected PPF DIY kit? Never did one in my life, any first timer experiences to share? Planning on going with the full front kit first and slowly do doors and rear or May be buy the full kit and do it. Shops here are quoting 7-8k.

Also, anyone tried Drive protected PPF DIY kit? Never did one in my life, any first timer experiences to share? Planning on going with the full front kit first and slowly do doors and rear or May be buy the full kit and do it. Shops here are quoting 7-8k.
I like your DIY attitude. PPF installation is a huge nut to add to an already expensive car. One thing to consider is having a detailer do a paint correction before YOU apply the PPF or have them do the bumper too as that seems the most aggrivating piece. The others seem much easier. Good luck! FYI: After much consideration I only did ceramic, but PPF was a serious consideration.

I've been thinking/asking the same question. I've done rear bumper protectors before and felt that was pretty easy, but sounds like full PPF is pretty labor intensive to get it right. I might do the same and start by getting just the front section before committing to buying PPF for the whole car.

I've not seen any threads on Drive Protected specifically, but did find this one where someone did DIY PPF:

Reactions: groenqueen
I've been thinking/asking the same question. I've done rear bumper protectors before and felt that was pretty easy, but sounds like full PPF is pretty labor intensive to get it right. I might do the same and start by getting just the front section before committing to buying PPF for the whole car.

I've not seen any threads on Drive Protected specifically, but did find this one where someone did DIY PPF:
Found this thread with DIY Tesbros PPF install on Model Y : I tried Tesbros DIY PPF - here’s my thoughts

Reactions: Amhappy