Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery went nice and smooth yesterday. The only thing 2 issues I found during my inspection were
1. A tiny Possible rock chip in the windshield, looked like dirt, but scratched at it but it didn't come off. It out of the line of sight so I'm not too worried about it. Made a service entry for it just so I had it reported.
2. Found what looks like cut slits in some of the door seals. I don't think this actually an issue as I remember someone else reporting the same thing.

There was some very very minor other stuff like some sticker residue above door handles, but not really issues IMO

I'm sure someone more particular than myself would have found some other imperfections, but I've very happy with what I got!. Surprised my Parents/Siblings with it after taking delivery! They were all very caught off guard by the acceleration! Overall a great experience!

Came with the Rear PPF and front mud flaps, so that was a nice Surprise!

One funny thing is the guy Service Adviser that did the delivery almost forgot to take my checks, he was ready to send us on our way, and I was like..."don't you want the Checks?"

20230505_180033.jpg

20230505_165409.jpg

20230505_165336.jpg

For years, I used Armor All on my tires and they always turned brown over time. Yuck. I tried other tire dressings, but they were either greasy or I didn't like them for other reasons. I discovered STP Son-of-a-Gun Protectant that I really liked. Unfortunately, it was discontinued several years ago. It came back, but the formula was different ("new and improved") and I hated it. A while back, Optimum Opti-Bond was recommended by a detail expert on YouTube. He recommended diluting it 50/50 with water to achieve a satin finish. I tried it and wasn't pleased with the results. Since then, I just let my tires go au naturel. I really liked whatever the gallery used on my new Tesla, so I emailed them and they told me they used a product from AutoRenu. Like Opti-Bond, it is a water-based gel that costs over $60 a gallon, which is way more than I need. I decided to try the Optimum product again, but this time I used it full strength and applied it with a damp microfiber applicator sponge. Success!

IMG_5512.jpg
IMG_5510.jpg

Ok. So here we go with my delivery report.

Car is awesome and my wife is on board and even is learning to use the regen braking. 😊

So delivery was good. Used the list everyone is using to inspect.

Some minor issues with some marks on paint and grease marks on some seats. Guy came out and cleaned that all up.

Also two of the four wheel covers were defective. They would not stay flush. They replaced them right there. Guy said been happening a lot.

More major issues are that the rear view mirror has a crack on the side of the glass. The service people were gone so I set up service appointment right there.

The trunk is not flush on the bottom of the passenger side. Guy was not sure if within spec. Said I could set up appointment for that as well. Not sure I will as every thing else is flush with the trunk.

I found one white spec under the clear coat on the front of the hood. I think would need repaint. I am bringing car in on Thursday for ceramic coating. Not sure if the paint correction they do would fix it.

Other than that only had issue pairing both phones with Bluetooth but got them working.

Car is awesome and my wife is on board and even is learning to use the regen braking. 😊

Some minor issues with some marks on paint and grease marks on some seats. Guy came out and cleaned that all up.

Also two of the four wheel covers were defective. They would not stay flush. They replaced them right there. Guy said been happening a lot.

More major issues are that the rear view mirror has a crack on the side of the glass. The service people were gone so I set up service appointment right there.

The trunk is not flush on the bottom of the passenger side. Guy was not sure if within spec. Said I could set up appointment for that as well. Not sure I will as every thing else is flush with the trunk.

I found one white spec under the clear coat on the front of the hood. I think would need repaint. I am bringing car in on Thursday for ceramic coating. Not sure if the paint correction they do would fix it.

Other than that only had issue pairing both phones with Bluetooth but got them working.
Thanks for the report! Happy to read that All in all it seems that problems were quite minor. Enjoy!

Congratulations! They should fix everything. I picked up my car today from service, they fixed all my issues including a tiny paint chip.

Can you post the link to the list? Thanks

Reactions: groenqueen
Just got back from a bit longer jaunt.. we went to the "Shore" from the Cherry Hill area about an hour away. On the AC expressway for giggles about halfway there stopped to test the supercharger network at a rest stop. Easy peasy but since we were at 75% charge it took a little more time than if the battery were lower. We did try to observe EV etiquette by keeping our distance with other Teslas at the charge station but ultimately revealed our newb status by standing around the car with a kind of awestruck look on our faces at how simple the whole process was. Most folks were pulling up, plugging in then immediately going about their business like it was (and truly is) no big deal - we'll get there.

The trip itself went well, hung out on the beach for a few then had lunch and headed home, stopping by a winery on the way. NJ wine still has a few hundred or so years to go before really becoming palatable but the weather was great and location overlooking some of the vines was nice.

Engaged autopilot for the first time on the AC Expressway - very weird feeling with the steering wheel "locked in" to the lane. It was great with merging vehicles etc. No real issues with fairly heavy traffic including a few slowdowns. Did not realize how to disengage without tapping the break and messing with people behind me - quickly click the right side stalk up once.

The power of an EV came in handy on a particular merge where someone did not want to let us in even though they were behind us and I had to briefly gun it to get around them. Came home to about 50% charge, truly no issue - our range anxieties are slowly fading.

All in all a great experience.

Last edited:
Just got my VIN number today with an Estimated delivery date of May 19-26. It’s asking to put in proof of insurance but I don’t want to start paying for insurance when I still don’t have the vehicle. Will waiting to put in my insurance delay the delivery process?
Just have them make it effective on the delivery date. they just want to see that you have some insurance.

Did they honor you $2000 NJ incentive ? Thank you

Did they honor you $2000 NJ incentive ? Thank you
They did at sale. I signed the application the last week of April and they submitted it on May 1st. Hopefully I get approved. Guy at the SC did not think it would be an issue but he is not NJ LOL.

There were two people at the SC talking to SAs about this. One was not happy that they were told they would not get the rebate. Guy tried to explain it was not Tesla (I have no idea when they ordered the car but if it was before April 17th they have an argument.).

We all had to reach out to Tesla to get that form. I would have hoped that Tesla would have sent that form out to anyone that ordered a car before April 17th.

Reactions: erktrek and imgcs
I know this is not the proper forum for this but have anyone here been able to utilize Park Assist? Where the lines show up and it beeps as you get too close to objects?

Our car updated that night to 2023.12 which should bring Park Assist (enabled as of 2023.6.9) but I do not see anything with lines or hear an audible beep. I do not see an option anywhere to turn on or off the parking chimes either.

I know this is not the proper forum for this but have anyone here been able to utilize Park Assist? Where the lines show up and it beeps as you get too close to objects?

Our car updated that night to 2023.12 which should bring Park Assist (enabled as of 2023.6.9) but I do not see anything with lines or hear an audible beep. I do not see an option anywhere to turn on or off the parking chimes either.
That's odd. I didn't have it at delivery but it was active after the first night's update. Now I'm running 2023.12.1.1. It's not perfect, but I'm glad it alerts me too early rather than not early enough. My kids get a kick out of the fact that it shows us parking next to a semi truck in our garage every day. :)

That's odd. I didn't have it at delivery but it was active after the first night's update. Now I'm running 2023.12.1.1. It's not perfect, but I'm glad it alerts me too early rather than not early enough. My kids get a kick out of the fact that it shows us parking next to a semi truck in our garage every day. :)
I do not see it when I put the car in reverse. I did not want to get too close to the fence behind my car but I know I was maybe 3 feet from the fence.

How close do you have to be? I think with the USS it came up about 36 inches or so away.