Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you drive with your fog lights on? (POLL)

Do you drive with the fog lights on?

• Yes

Votes: 119 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 100 45.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious of the communities consensus on this. Personally I think that fog lights in general make the front fascia on the Model 3 looks nicer especially during/after sunset. Would like to know if others would think this is annoying or not.

Thanks

What we need is not the foglights. They are merely cosmetic.
What we need is progressive brake light.
The regen braking is annoying the drivers behind me.

You need to learn not to take you foot off the pedal abruptly like you're driving an ICE car when you only intend to slow down and not to stop. That was a bad habit we got from driving ICE cars only because of their lethargic pedal response.

Brake light is one thing but you also missed half of the fun of driving your Tesla until you learn how to smoothly regulate speed with the pedal and make the car run almost like part of your body. Something you never able to do with an ICE car.

Regen turns on brake lights. Noticed it reflecting off the street signs behind me one night. Not sure if required a certain amount of regen or not...

Brake lights are triggered by accelerometer not amount of regen although there is probably a correlation between the two. It turns on brake lights when deceleration exceeds certain amount.

Last edited:
You need to learn not to take you foot off the pedal abruptly like you're driving an ICE car when you only intend to slow down and not to stop. That was a bad habit we got from driving ICE cars only because of their lethargic pedal response.

Brake light is one thing but you also missed half of the fun of driving your Tesla until you learn how to smoothly regulate speed with the pedal and make the car run almost like part of your body. Something you never able to do with an ICE car.

Brake lights are triggered by accelerometer not amount of regen although there is probably a correlation between the two. It turns on brake lights when deceleration exceeds certain amount.
The brake light actuator doesn't seem to be affected by the level of g force generated by regen braking.
I do lift gently but the brake light came on at the same pedal position during my experiment. I was disappointed to see that also.
You should test it sometime.

There was this same thread last year

Do you drive with your fog lights on?
I started that thread last year, this is my favorite comment from it:
My other car is a BMW, so “yes” to fog lights and “no” to turn signals.
But while I originally voted yes to my poll I’ve actually changed my tune since then. To me it doesn’t seem to make a huge difference in normal conditions to justify inconveniencing other drivers with the extra light. But. I do think the car looks cooler with them on.

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl and TT97