Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you hand wash or car wash your Tesla?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We should be able to choose more than one answer.

I hand wash, but every 60 days a detailer comes to our house and details both cars.

IMG_2416.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Solar Windman
I hand washed it the first two years, then with all the rock chips and scratches it has accumulated in 82k miles I stated taking it to car washes. I do a better job hand washing and hand drying than the car wash, but when it is really dirty and I don't have time, I take it to the local car wash with brushes and an automatic dryer. It consistently misses the rear so I end up having to hand clean that part if I have time. Hand drying is really important to me because I can't stand water spots.

I bought a Sun Joe 3000 spx for pressure washing the car with a foam cannon and for cleaning the driveway. The thing was so messy to set up and put away, with the cord and two hoses, that I decided I would not want to wash the car frequently with it. I'll use the foam gun instead.

It was also not strong enough to clean the driveway efficiently, so I returned it.

had no choice but to run it through a touchless car wash yesterday -- too much pollen in Atlanta, and can't hand wash it every day

but if really dirty I foam, rinse, foam - hand wash and dry
if light and weekly clean - using ONR now and have some ONR in a spray bottle for a quick waterless wash/detail spray.

I do no-brush soap/foam car wash. Then take it home and use the waterless car wash system in the garage. Here in San Diego, we cannot wash cars in driveway so this is my only option besides taking to car washes - which I watched in past and see them use the same clothes on wheels and painted surfaces, etc. So I never let anyone else wash my cars.