Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone wave anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a M3 but I’ve been waving to other i3 drivers in mine.

A lovely looking lady waved to me and I wasn’t paying enough attention to notice properly so didn’t have time to wave back. I was quite affected and was thinking about that one for a while afterwards and even changed my commute route for a few days to try and find her to return the wave. It worked. That was a magical day.*

There was this other guy that I waved to on the way to work, who returned the wave. Unfortunately I discovered quickly that I was going to see him every day as he was always around the same location coming from the opposite direction to me on my commute. Slowly, both of us having realised the mess we’d gotten ourselves into, came to an unspoken agreement to “diminish” the mutual greeting over time. We’re at a head nod now, and I feel better for it.

* And now she lives in my freezer

Not a M3 but I’ve been waving to other i3 drivers in mine.

A lovely looking lady waved to me and I wasn’t paying enough attention to notice properly so didn’t have time to wave back. I was quite affected and was thinking about that one for a while afterwards and even changed my commute route for a few days to try and find her to return the wave. It worked. That was a magical day.*

There was this other guy that I waved to on the way to work, who returned the wave. Unfortunately I discovered quickly that I was going to see him every day as he was always around the same location coming from the opposite direction to me on my commute. Slowly, both of us having realised the mess we’d gotten ourselves into, came to an unspoken agreement to “diminish” the mutual greeting over time. We’re at a head nod now, and I feel better for it.

* And now she lives in my freezer
Ha Ha, that made me laugh :)

Soon you will be both be looking the other way like you haven't even seen each other

Reactions: Durzel
I'm even worse... I've owned a Zoe, an i3 and now the M3 over the last 5 yrs. I constantly wave, and still do, at anything even remotely electric. I draw the line at hybrids though... Most folk don't wave back. I guess am I expecting waaay too much as its not even a brand thing? & Admittedly, waving at Teslas whilst in a Zoe, isn't always the most obvious sign of a shared drive-train!

• Funny
Reactions: Cwmwd and Adopado

I fear this scenario happened this morning.

If you were driving a blue M3 through Cadnam, Hampshire this morning and waved at a white M3. Can we just nod? I know you’ve had your M3 a while. You’re the reason I started looking at them...

Driving my MS I have 'acknowledged' a couple of other Tesla's without reciprocation. The other day I was driving a MX loaner, and passing an oncoming MX, same colour too, I uncurled two fingers from around the steering wheel to acknowledge him.

To my surprise, I got a two finger acknowledgement back! Guess he's not from around these parts.