Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Downgraded UI in v11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I have time tomorrow I'll try to make a video and post it to r/assholedesign

I've been holding off because I assumed someone else would.

Detailing each and every part that's a problem. It's such a shame, the last one (v10), while I don't think would win any awards, was functional. And, when operating any machine, functionality is the top priority.

Good news everyone! I found out where the v11 UI designer lives.
This may explain their aversion to using colors to make human readable maps.
colors.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Transformer
Good news everyone! I found out where the v11 UI designer lives.
This may explain their aversion to using colors to make human readable maps.
View attachment 754223

Ha ha!

Drive past their Deer Creek road HQ to see how they really live.

Whoever wins the race gets to design the next Holiday Update.

Attachments

• 1280x720.jpg
    1280x720.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Change is scary. I get it. We're all going to have to take some time to get used to what this looks like.

Some things I love (the new placement for the Homelink buttons - bottom left - is awesome)... some I don't.
Has nothing to do with change being scary whatever that means. Take a survey of Tesla owners from a year ago, do you like the UI? Take the same survey now. I'll bet it's lower AFTER this upgrade. Yes it is possible to change a good thing and make it less than good.

I didn't get a chance to get a pic, but the 'close all' button between frunk and trunk on the screen on my X is exactly 0.0001" away from (actually I think they overlap) the other 2, and now I'm having to get out of my car and close the frunk because some damn 12 year old thinks they know how a car UI should look/work.

F v11. we want to go back! It's a good thing Tesla has this option, or a phone number to let them know how bad this is. That or I have to put in a service ticket for every. single. issue. Which, I will :)

This is perfectly stated. We use iPhones because they have nice clean intuitive interfaces.

This android cartoon icon stuff looks like something kids would enjoy.
I like being a kid.

The OP has valid questions that only Tesla probably knows the answers. We don't know what's on the horizon or what they have in store. I'll use the SD dashcam as an example. Over a period of time, Tesla put a password option on the glove box. I would read the chatter about how easy is would be for a criminals to break in the car and steal the SC card. Then not to long ago, Tesla started putting a USB slot and a drive in the glove box. I think this was a genius move but incrementally we may not have seen it coming. I think that's the same with this new UI. There may be changes planned that we are yet to be aware of. I also think the more is mention here and on Twitter, the more tweaking we may see happening.
Now for a quick public announcement. As the colder weather approaches, please take a moment to check your cold tire pressure and add air as needed.

I like being a kid.

The OP has valid questions that only Tesla probably knows the answers. We don't know what's on the horizon or what they have in store. I'll use the SD dashcam as an example. Over a period of time, Tesla put a password option on the glove box. I would read the chatter about how easy is would be for a criminals to break in the car and steal the SC card. Then not to long ago, Tesla started putting a USB slot and a drive in the glove box. I think this was a genius move but incrementally we may not have seen it coming. I think that's the same with this new UI. There may be changes planned that we are yet to be aware of. I also think the more is mention here and on Twitter, the more tweaking we may see happening.
Now for a quick public announcement. As the colder weather approaches, please take a moment to check your cold tire pressure and add air as needed.

Their sw dev seem to follow the next ”shinny thing”. Eg the next sexy piece of work. And imo they have a poor track record of going back and fixing something mundane. New feature over fixing the old stuff they shipped. Has a bug - who cares, let me work on something new. Leadership problem.