Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Draft through small triangular window next to side view mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on the car! Unfortunate to know that they haven't addressed this...seems to me it was a poorly engineered aspect of the car.

Mine is going in this weekend to fix the draft - feeling it at the triangle portion of the window, as well as where the door hinges at the driver's side. Draft also coming in the passenger door. Car was delivered Dec. 20, so the draft issues hasn't been address yet at the factory level.

And when the temperature is as cold as it has been lately, it really brings the cabin temperature down!

Will update when I can.

I had this same issue when I first got my car. Called Tesla and they sent a ranger out who fixed the drivers side triangular window, did a proactive fix on the B pillar and chrome strip around the windows (exterior) as well as a service bulletin for the glass roof. This was a few months ago and everything that was making noise stopped and nothing else has cropped up.

Is there a newer thread about this or is it fixed? I'm getting the cold air leak at high speeds with the cabin fan on low. Definitely a differential pressure problem. Fast airspeed with low fan settings results in lots of cold air. The weather stripping seems to have a very "soft" spot in it.

That's quite a statement. As others have posted, it is fixable. It's an adjustment or a seal replacement. I had some driver side wind noise in my Dec. 2013 S and my service center fixed it.

Trust me - I've gone through every motion possible to resolve this issue on my May 2013 car (reseat weather, new design weather, reseat new weather, foam, etc)

More data: I am in a Dec 2015 car here in the west coast (temporarily, friends car) and it has exactly the same issue.

The draft is always going to be there. It's less severe than when I first got my
2013 car- but it's still there and quite noticeable to me.

Today I noticed that I have this issue on my 3 week old 70D. I had noticed kind of a lot of wind noise coming from the triangle whenever I got over 60mph or so, which didn't bother me much but today was my first extended highway drive in cold weather where I could feel the draft as well.

I noticed today that my drivers side triangle window is leaking air as well. My wife says her side seems to be "okay" so when my car is in for the passenger seatbelt replacement\center console install I'll ask them to look at that drivers triangle window as well. It's not a bad draft but I can feel cold air coming in at highway speeds which I don't think is normal.

Jeff