Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Driver Assistance Features Unavailabe"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The same thing happened to me this past Wednesday. The Service Center downloaded the logs from my car remotely and discovered that there is an issue with the camera. They ordered one right away and will let me know when it arrives. Diagnosis only took a day. I'm loving Tesla service.

Reactions: jgs
The same thing happened to me this past Wednesday. The Service Center downloaded the logs from my car remotely and discovered that there is an issue with the camera. They ordered one right away and will let me know when it arrives. Diagnosis only took a day. I'm loving Tesla service.

Happened to me on Wednesday and yesterday(Friday). When I tried to engage cruise, it would have tiny print under the not available that said radar partly obstructed but there was nothing there.

I really wish the car would revert to old-school cruise control when TACC is offline. I mean, I get it that switching modes mid-drive would be a potentially fatal violation of the principle of least surprise, but it ought to be possible to do it after the vehicle's been put into park. At least make it an option that can be enabled.

For that matter, I wonder if the "driver assistance features are disabled" message is a little to milquetoast. It's not just the convenience features, it's the safety features too. I mean, nobody should be relying on the safety features, but still.

I picked up my car a few days ago from the factory, and this started today, along with my navigation not working. I've tried rebooting the dash as well as the screen at the advice of the customer service person on the phone (the local service centers seem to let everything go to voicemail), but that didn't work.

Any other ideas? I'm not in snow or bad weather. It's clear here and the car is virtually new, except for the driver mirror that's falling off for some reason.

I too have had erros like this.

On closer inspection I found that my front camera had condensation in it.

You get different error messages if you just select Cruise (TACC) than AP which can sometimes help narrow down the problem.
Back to the SC for mine :(

Since mine happened a year ago previously during the winter months maybe that has something to do with it. In my recent experience, it was not that cold. In fact, with the addition to the BlackVue camera, it acts as the unofficial defroster. There is a picture that has someone that leaves their car out at night and all you see is the defrosted area from the BlackVue camera.

My 1 week old AP2.0 Model X has been giving me this warning while in the garage. The awesome thing is that I don't have the firmware which allows me to use any AP features. So it's warning me that I don't have things which I don't have ;)

I guess I get to wait to see if something is actually broken once I get the firmware. It is a hint that they are collecting data well in advance though.

• Funny
Reactions: Footer and jgs
An interesting side effect to having my sensors recalibrated is that parallel parking appears to be spot on now (option to park). I remember having a hard time getting it to engage at times especially within the first week of ownership (supposedly calibrating or training) and rarely seen it happen for perpendicular parking. The one time I tried for perpendicular parking since recalibration worked.

Well count me as another on my way to SC to fix this exact error. No TACC, no AP, no front collision warnings. Not just inconvenient but actually kinda scary.

For me it initially triggered in what I believe was my MS's first true whiteout blizzard event. I wasn't even trying to use AP or TACC so I just laughed at the time but not laughing when it still wasn't working the next day. I usually need to park outside but it didn't clear after car washes and defrost sessions in underground parking.

Nothing works except the ultrasonics (parking assist is still being offered). The dash display does start to show a lane line sometimes for a split second but then it stops (sometimes with a limp curved blue line to nowhere being left on screen).

Before coming here I was convinced it was the radar unit that lost its mind. But now I'm betting based on others' responses here that my MobilEye camera will be replaced. I haven't seen any condensation though. I've tried rebooting everything and even turned off the "always on" stuff last night in hopes I get a thorough cold reboot today but I'm not at all expecting it to start working again as it's been totally dead for a a week or so now...

Well count me as another on my way to SC to fix this exact error. No TACC, no AP, no front collision warnings. Not just inconvenient but actually kinda scary.

For me it initially triggered in what I believe was my MS's first true whiteout blizzard event. I wasn't even trying to use AP or TACC so I just laughed at the time but not laughing when it still wasn't working the next day. I usually need to park outside but it didn't clear after car washes and defrost sessions in underground parking.

Nothing works except the ultrasonics (parking assist is still being offered). The dash display does start to show a lane line sometimes for a split second but then it stops (sometimes with a limp curved blue line to nowhere being left on screen).

Before coming here I was convinced it was the radar unit that lost its mind. But now I'm betting based on others' responses here that my MobilEye camera will be replaced. I haven't seen any condensation though. I've tried rebooting everything and even turned off the "always on" stuff last night in hopes I get a thorough cold reboot today but I'm not at all expecting it to start working again as it's been totally dead for a a week or so now...

Same problem. It'll be a week tomorrow; still waiting for the service center to get back to me.

I think in my case there is a seal broken in the camera. Problem manifests in prolonged freezing temperatures. You can see little ice crystals just outside the lens:

camera.jpg

Interestingly mine came back after I went through a car wash. Not right away though. After a few additional short trips and sitting in my garage for a while. While I'm glad to have it back, problems that "clear up by magic" make me uneasy.

Quoting Arthur C. Clark: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. " It could just be that you don't understand it, not magic.

Same problem. It'll be a week tomorrow; still waiting for the service center to get back to me.

I think in my case there is a seal broken in the camera. Problem manifests in prolonged freezing temperatures. You can see little ice crystals just outside the lens:
I took pictures of my camera but not sure what I'm looking for in either mine or yours ... is yours also fully disabled now, or does it work sometimes ? If it was a seal, then I would guess mine would come back now and then, as we're getting above freezing on occasion in Toronto lately, but mine has not once re-enabled since the whiteout conditions.

It's just so damn odd that the blizzard made it totally freak out permanently -- a software trap ?

If so, this seems to mean future paid service calls to reset stuff. But everyone seems to be getting a new camera after all the resetting is tried first... found another similar thread in User Interface forum:
Driver Assistance Features Unavailable