Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drop-In Center Console now in the Tesla Model S online store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. That is just ridiculous.

How hard can it be to replace the hinged cover, with a version with wood on it?
It's actually kinda disturbing that they can't figure this out given the technical know-how and innovative skill that this company has demonstrated in other areas. Would be nice if they'd give us just a little clue as to why this appears to be so difficult for them instead of leaving us to wonder how in the world they can't figure out something that appears to be so dang simple.

Oh dear, maybe they need to recruit some more Apple employees. LOL :confused:

It's actually kinda disturbing that they can't figure this out given the technical know-how and innovative skill that this company has demonstrated in other areas. Would be nice if they'd give us just a little clue as to why this appears to be so difficult for them instead of leaving us to wonder how in the world they can't figure out something that appears to be so dang simple.

Doesn't help at all. I have to open the phone dock cover halfways and push really really hard directly in the sliding direction for the sliding cover to open at all...

You're definitely sure you're pressing downward first before you push in the sliding direction? It's very difficult to open if you don't push it downward first.

When I asked about 4 weeks ago I was told summer time!

Here is their exact response to me:
Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors. We are currently estimating the console with your décor will be available in the spring. Then, we will begin working our way down the waitlist to contact customers to place orders. Based upon your position on the waitlist, you should receive the link to purchase the console within the first couple of weeks after they are released.

The latest delays surrounding the console affect the rotating panel that has the décor. The console itself had to go through strict testing. Through those tests, we found that the panels with décor options other than Piano Black required additional development, and thus, additional testing. We have made progress with the remaining consoles, though we are still estimating they will be released in the spring.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience.