Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early '22 Exterior Refresh Tracking (Lights, Charging Door, Appliqué delete)

oktane

Oct 25, 2016
USA
I actually could care less where the horn is, but if they are indeed replacing the horn button location with something else, e.g. a customizable favorites button, I'll be sad as the current yoke desperately lacks convenience accessibility.

I would fully support moving the horn to the airbag, and replacing the horn button with a user-customizable function, such as fan speed, etc.

pengy

Aug 21, 2021
CA
The amount of scatter is horrendous with the S lights. Long shot, but really praying for the rumored new S headlights to be retrofittable.
Highly doubt it due to pixel led, and self leveling built into the projector. Eventually someone may make a retrofit kit though... or I'll find my non-existent inner electrical engineer to develop adapters

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

cwanja

Jun 14, 2021
Houston, Texas
I’m ordering another Plaid when the new lights come out!
iu

DayTrippin

Supporting Member
Apr 30, 2021
Park Cities, TX
I'll drive my LR for a while and see if the lights are bad enough to upgrade. If not too bad, I'll wait to pick up a Plaid cheap when all the early adopters dump theirs to buy the new one. 🤣

Or wait until there is the new hotness; Plaid∞ or Tartan, which will make the current Plaid look slow. Then buy back in and get the new headlights and upgraded batteries.

DayTrippin

Supporting Member
Apr 30, 2021
Park Cities, TX
Problem is nobody knows when they will finally come to the US versions. So far it is pure conjecture. Not to mention Tesla might start canceling orders like the 3/Y people who wait too long. I'll be a bit ticked off if someone gets their S a month after I take delivery of mine but that is how things go with Tesla. I'll be happy for them of course but it isn't like I'll be getting a really crappy car either.

VikH

Supporting Member
Nov 23, 2015
Midwest, USA
Problem is nobody knows when they will finally come to the US versions. So far it is pure conjecture. Not to mention Tesla might start canceling orders like the 3/Y people who wait too long. I'll be a bit ticked off if someone gets their S a month after I take delivery of mine but that is how things go with Tesla. I'll be happy for them of course but it isn't like I'll be getting a really crappy car either.
I know they threatened cancellation of 3/Y, but did they actually follow through? A delivery is still a delivery.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC